Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been working on a oil filter relocation kit for the Solstice/Sky/Opel GT that will also allow the addition of an oil cooler.

The new prototypes showed up, they fit perfect, we will be running some more testing on them and let everyone know when they are ready for purchase. We will be offering this as a standalone option for those that want to make their own lines. We will also be offering up a kit that has everything needed for install.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas ! Some questions on the kit as that's what I'm interested in : Will the lines be braided steel , is the oil cooler part of the package and where will it mount ,what type of filter will I need and where will that mount ? Thanks again for making great products for our cars I've been waiting for this since you first announced it . Merry Christmas to you ,Ivy ,and the staff ! :thumbs:

·
Registered
330 Posts
very interesting, any plans to make something for the auto tranny fluid?

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Another cool product. Will this be for just the turbo models?

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Do the N/A really need it?

But it would mount on the N/A as we share the same oil filter housing..

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas ! Some questions on the kit as that's what I'm interested in : Will the lines be braided steel , is the oil cooler part of the package and where will it mount ,what type of filter will I need and where will that mount ? Thanks again for making great products for our cars I've been waiting for this since you first announced it . Merry Christmas to you ,Ivy ,and the staff ! :thumbs:
We are going to offer just the adapter for sale for those that want to make up the rest themselves, also we will be offering a complete relcoation and cooler kit. The lines on our kit will be braided stainless steel and mount the filter close to the drivers side shock mount.

very interesting, any plans to make something for the auto tranny fluid?
The tranny fluid is actually pretty easy to add a cooler to, there are already lines coming up to the radiator that can be tapped into and ran to a cooler.

Another cool product. Will this be for just the turbo models?
This fits all of the Ecotec 2.0L, 2.2L and 2.4L models.

Do the N/A really need it?

But it would mount on the N/A as we share the same oil filter housing..
A stock N/A is not going to need this, unless doing very hard track days. Turbo or supercharged 2.4L running higher boost will benefit.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Nice piece! Dave, can you PM me a price if I make my own lines? And pics of where the filter would locate? Does this use the OE filter or what?

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice piece! Dave, can you PM me a price if I make my own lines? And pics of where the filter would locate? Does this use the OE filter or what?
The production pieces are almost finished up and should be here around Feb 2nd. Once they get here, we will make the announcement on pricing, details, etc.

We will be selling the adapters individually, so no problem there.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Needless to say I'm on the list I've been saving my Christmas and birthday money :lol: ! any idea of what type filter you will be using ? and I know forum members will ask so I'll be the first just to get it out there will there be a group buy option ?

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Any update on this? I have the adapter, looking for a cooler, etc. to go with it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts