Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very happy to introduce new billet steel shift adapters for the Solstice/Sky/Opel GT. These new adapters bolt to the shift mechanism on the transmission and allow the use of threaded shift knobs with the common M10x1.25 thread pattern. We also have new shifter boots that will compliment this very nicely that we will be introducing soon also. The billet stainless steel shift knob in the 2nd picture is not included, but is available separately on our website also.

We are going to be selling these for $37 and the production batch is expected 4-30-15, pre-orders have started though, check them out here -

Shift Knob Adapter for Solstice/Sky by DDMWorks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Love it. Should I wait until the boots are announced?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Gotcha, thanks for the fast reply, Dave!

This will be my knew "Knob"

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
This is a great price! Far cheaper than my JPM-source one. Why the heck didn't you come up with this years ago? :)

But I do need a new boot, so I'm chewing the popcorn waiting for the announcement. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
17,548 Posts
I have a friend who is madly in love with the autobot shifter but has an auto car. Any way this can work on an auto? or are you planning on a similar adapter that will?:thumbs:

·
Registered
7,487 Posts

So if we've already purchased the DDM short shifter the only reason to buy the above new shifter adapter is that the M10x1.25 thread pattern, allows us more options for custom knops?

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Dave how much shorter are these then the stock shifter if at all cause you know where I'm coming from got to shake out the piggy bank :lol:

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a friend who is madly in love with the autobot shifter but has an auto car. Any way this can work on an auto? or are you planning on a similar adapter that will?:thumbs:
Not on the schedule for development right now, we might take a look at it later in the year, but we have so much in the works right now for the Solstice/Sky that it is keeping us pretty busy.

So if we've already purchased the DDM short shifter the only reason to buy the above new shifter adapter is that the M10x1.25 thread pattern, allows us more options for custom knops?
Yeap, this adapter allows the use of threaded shift knobs on the stock shifter mechanism or our short shifter mechanism.

Any recommendations for websites to get knobs?
No particular recommendation, Ebay has a ton of them, just search for M10 x 1.25 shift knobs and take your pick. We will also have our solid stainless steel 2" ball available. It feels great!

Dave how much shorter are these then the stock shifter if at all cause you know where I'm coming from got to shake out the piggy bank :lol:
The shift adapter is 1/4" shorter than stock. That seemed to work best with our short shifter mechanism and the shift knob.

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
Curious how it hooks up to the flat sided shifter stub. Look forward to seeing the instructions.

Any chance of a M10x 1.50 - I have a shift knob off my Lamborghini I have thought of using.

PS - one suggestion. The Lambos also used a shift pattern plate - image below. If people are wanting to go to a different knob without the shift pattern on it, there may be a bit of collateral business for you if you can offer a shift pattern plate.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
[

The shift adapter is 1/4" shorter than stock. That seemed to work best with our short shifter mechanism and the shift knob.[/QUOTE]

Put me on the list ! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
For anyone that's interested ran across this company in Street Rodder , American Shifter Company they make personalized shift knobs that start at 38 bucks just have to go on their site and design what you want .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts