Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm installing new NGK LTR6IX-11. What should I gap them down to from the factory setting of .11? Thanks
I'm no expert on the 2.4, but a gap of 0.11" is massive for any spark plug. From my 5 second google research, it looks like the stock gap for the 2.4 is .042". I could see you gapping them down a little bit if you are having spark blow out issues.

For reference, the stock gap on the 2.0 is .035". After putting on my ZFR and tuning it to 24 psi, I had to gap them down to .028" to eliminate the spark blow out on the top end. It runs perfectly fine now.

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
I'm no expert on the 2.4, but a gap of 0.11" is massive for any spark plug. From my 5 second google research, it looks like the stock gap for the 2.4 is .042". I could see you gapping them down a little bit if you are having spark blow out issues.

For reference, the stock gap on the 2.0 is .035". After putting on my ZFR and tuning it to 24 psi, I had to gap them down to .028" to eliminate the spark blow out on the top end. It runs perfectly fine now.
The 11 at the end of the spark plug number is 1.1 millimeters, not .11". So the 1.1 millimeters works out to approx .043".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts