Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just discovered that the dead pedal in my gxp coupe is broken. It's the one with chrome strips on it. Does anybody have one for sale?

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
You might want to send a PM to Hoosier GXP he usually has spareparts as for the pedal itself the one with the chrome strips is the Sport Pedal option and it may be tough to find I have an original (no chrome strips ) I'm sure in my barn as I bought the upgrade and installed it on my car if your interested PM me . Just thought of something are the chrome strips themselves broken ? If not you could purchase a regular dead pedal and remove and attach the chrome strips to the new one I'm going out to the barn this morning and take a look at my setup to see if this is a viable option .

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! The chrome strips are not broken. It would be great if they could just be glued on.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
The chrome pieces are actually a metal overlay you should be able to heat up with a hairdryer to soften the glue and gently pry them off . I'm going to go through my Solstice stuff and find the stock dead pedal that I have and see if this is a viable option .

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I purchased a used dead pedal w/ribs and it turned out to be cracked in a couple of places.
I sanded the inside down a bit and laid some fiberglass mat for reinforcement.
Been on the car for a couple years with no sign of further cracking.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the chrome can just be removed and put on a stock pedal I can get one from eBay for $25. Think I'll check that out. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts