Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
The most recent infomation from GM (4-7-05) schedules the first Order Cycle for June 2-7th for the Solstice. That would be the first time a regular allocation order could be selected by GM for the production schedule. Keep in mind that this will not be for all the orders represented by the first four month allocation figures.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They Are, I Believe !

I have a regular allocation, and my dealer gave me a vehicle order number. I called Pontiac to confirm about it and they see my order on their system.

My dealer had mentioned to me earlier that the regular allocation orders are to be placed starting from May 2nd.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Having an order number does not mean it was picked up. They sit in the system in an order bank and then get pulled. According to small_dealer the pulling starts in June.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK so I pushed the question and called the Pontiac Solstice Program HQ, gave them the order # I have,
Said it was a good order #. but it is not found in the system. So I will wait a couple weeks and try again.

Thanks Guys.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
meallen1220 said:
OK so I pushed the question and called the Pontiac Solstice Program HQ, gave them the order # I have,
Said it was a good order #. but it is not found in the system. So I will wait a couple weeks and try again.

Thanks Guys.
Hold on...you said regular alocation right? That program HQ is for the early order thing. 2 different animals. Info we've been discussing is regular allocations not EOP/first 1000.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
That would be the first time a regular allocation order could be selected by GM for the production schedule.
What is the basis for the selection by GM?

QUOTE] Keep in mind that this will not be for all the orders represented by the first four month allocation figures. [/QUOTE] How do they determine how many orders get picked up?
The dealer I know is still assigning numbers to his orders.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Last I spoke to the dealer, he mentioned that the regular allocation is also supposed to be delivered with the first 1000.

·
5,641 Posts
solli4me said:
What is the basis for the selection by GM?
Mathamagic. :)

The four month allocation numbers dealers have already been given, will be broken down by the GM "VOMS" system. First into monthly numbers, then into weekly numbers.

This is done through a bunch of number crunching for cars in normal stages of life. For launch (new) cars it is more of a preset calculation. Preset by the brand team. It would be simple to assume that dealers with bigger numbers will see more cars sooner. I could see monthly numbers for a dealer with 12 cars getting them as 5-3-2-2, where a dealer with 3 might be 0-0-1-2.

Think of it as a funnel. The closer to the bottom (time of production) the more defined and finalized the numbers become. Consensus (request) to allocation to non-calculated month to calculated month to approved month to final month to weekly allocation.

Each dealer also has some control over when an order is taken relative to their other orders. Dealer's prioritize thier orders. This keeps the system from taking the wrong order For example a dealer may have three sold orders and three inventory orders in their order bank. They could prioritize the sold orders as 1-2-3 (in order of sales date for example) and then the stock orders as 4-5-6.

Another factor in timing of when an order is picked up is production constraints. Limits on options or equipment. This appears that it will not be a problem with the Sosltice. The ordering system isn't allowing orders for the three issues, Chrome Wheels-OnStar-Red/Green w/Steel-Sand. So therefore when a dealer's time comes, every Solstice order in their order bank should be buildable.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to answer my all questions, Small Dealer. I really appreciate it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts