Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone knows what their dealer allocation's are?
Here in NJ, the word is that the dealer in Union, (RT 22) who actually had the prototype and Raj from the Apprentice on his floor got 3 cars,
a dealer down by Flemington got 6, and the largest dealer in the NE -North East (for those of you who posted your speculation on what NE meant) got 13.

mceb? What's your guy's allocation and are they placing orders against the allocation? Greenbrook has, and as of last night I'm one of the ... :party: CONFIRMED OWNERS! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
My dealer got 4 in first allocation. Not sure how many are spoken for (probably all).

I thought Greenbrook got 12 I heard thru the grapevine (one of top 50 Pontiac dealer in US).

I'm going to move this thread over to general.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greenbrook said that no one in NJ got one of the first 1000. My husband just bought a GMC Sierra from them last month and happened to be at the dealer last night. He called me at work to ask if I wanted one - they had three left and as he was standing there talking to me, two were sold. Mine was the last of the twelve allocated and to say that I felt like I jumped off a cliff with no parachute would be a huge understatement. I was a wreck at work...it hasn't hit me fully yet...

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
dealer said none there

Called Greenbrook. They said all orders were on a waiting list. Not one EOP car. What a scam . :( After I went down there , they are full of bait and switch talk. :brentil:

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a dealer in the poconos that was allocated 2. I got a sales contract for one of them dated 4/23/05.......23,482.55 (air conditioning, premium package, convience package)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My dealer in NE Wisconsin got on one of the EOP cars (crossing my fingers since I havn't gotten my confirmation call yet!). He has none in his first four months allocation.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Called Greenbrook. They said all orders were on a waiting list. Not one EOP car. What a scam . After I went down there , they are full of bait and switch talk. - pats Pontiac

From what I'm understanding, the EOP is essentially over for us. GM had their 1st 1,000 buyers within 40 minutes of post time on 4/16/05. GM has issued a statement telling the dealers there's no guarantee that a waitlisted buyer will be bumped up within the "Exclusive" order program. They strongly recommend that dealers place orders against the allocation quantity which is how I was able to become a confirmed owner and get the last of the twelve allocated cars. Talk about luck... :yesnod:

·
Registered
905 Posts
The one down the street got 5, a little farther down only got 2.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
The dealer I chose mentioned that he had 8 allocated for regular sales. I was the first down payment and the only EOP Pending order to get through. There were 4 or 5 other attempts at EOP behind me and all had down payments. I am unsure about their status with buying a non EOP.

One other nearby dealer out of the total of 3 that particpated got 3 EOP orders through. I have yet to call them and try to leave a message for those people to come here and talk.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
EOP 1st 1000 cars are above and beyond regular allocation

Excelsior said:
The dealer I chose mentioned that he had 8 allocated for regular sales. I was the first down payment and the only EOP Pending order to get through. There were 4 or 5 other attempts at EOP behind me and all had down payments. I am unsure about their status with buying a non EOP.

One other nearby dealer out of the total of 3 that particpated got 3 EOP orders through. I have yet to call them and try to leave a message for those people to come here and talk.
Keep in mind that the EOP 1st 1000 units are above and beyond the regular allocation numbers. So the dealer with 8 allocations and 1 EOP 1st 1000 will be able to sell 9 cars...

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Houston numbers (some)

My dealer here in Houston had 5 in his 4-month allocation. No EOP cars, so all 5 were sold to the first 5 in the door for EOP. I've got #1 coming.

I heard that one dealer here, Lawrence Marshall, supposedly got an EOP car for a client, I cannot confirm this, but my dealer said he talked to them.

Even nicer, my dealer doesn't want a deposit for any of them. Pay in full when it arrives.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats are in order :cheers:

·
Registered
137 Posts
My dealer is getting (3) in their first 4 month allocation plus my car which is an EOP zero zipper add-on to the first 1000 to be built. :cool:

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, you're from Jersey & you're one of the 1st 1,000? Did you get the call?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ack, I just called my dealer today and they are getting 2 allocated. No one up here got an EOP car, and I was the 7th one in because of my stupid work schedule. The other two dealerships up here get 0 allocated. So I guess I should start praying that the 5 before me experience great financial difficulties and drop out!

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You're in Alaska? How long is your convertible season? :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts