Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
BlackEagle said:
Does anybody know how Dealers get their allocations my order was placed in mid July.
I think it's determined by litle elves somewhere in Michigan. ;)
Actually I believe it is based on a formula that GM has based on sales, etc. Having placed and order doesn't necessarily mean you have an allocated order.

·
5,641 Posts
BlackEagle said:
Does anybody know how Dealers get their allocations my order was placed in mid July.
Your question is a little vague, so hope that I can answer.

Dealers were notified by Pontiac in early April, what their allocation would be for the first four months of production.

The amount of the allocation was figured differently then normal. Most allocations would be based on previous 12 month sales history. The Solstice team used a formula that was 50% based on previous sales and 50% based on market oppertunity ( as indicated by roadster sales level of a dozen or so other cars).

The allocation numbers come alive through different available reports in VOMS or through the Order Workbench in Dealerworld. Reports can show a two or three months allocation break down, and a weekly break down for the coming month. (This is how one member's dealer was able to say that their car would be picked up during the dealer order cycle that begins August 18th).

Take a look a look at this answer, see if it works, any feel free to ask more questions. If I don't see them when I breeze through, cadillacricket may pick them up.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Small Dealer said:

Reports can show a two or three months allocation break down, and a weekly break down for the coming month. (This is how one member's dealer was able to say that their car would be picked up during the dealer order cycle that begins August 18th).

Take a look a look at this answer, see if it works, any feel free to ask more questions. If I don't see them when I breeze through, cadillacricket may pick them up.
So that means we can call our dealer and ask not just about orders that have been picked up, but orders that will be picked up.

Did you see build numbers for las week, was the estimate 150?

·
5,641 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
So that means we can call our dealer and ask not just about orders that have been picked up, but orders that will be picked up.
Sorry keep forgeting about you, infomation is based on my knowledge on the USA :patriot: VOMS systems. I would think my favorite place to vacation would also operate the same, but...?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I tried to ask my dealer how many units he was allocated during the first 4 months allocation but all I got was a blank stare. Is there any way for us customers to know if our order will be in the first 4 months allocation? If my order was picked up does that mean it will be in the first 4 months allocation or does it just mean that GM acknowledged the order?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
ojohnson said:
I tried to ask my dealer how many units he was allocated during the first 4 months allocation but all I got was a blank stare. Is there any way for us customers to know if our order will be in the first 4 months allocation? If my order was picked up does that mean it will be in the first 4 months allocation or does it just mean that GM acknowledged the order?
I think that's one of the frustrating things about this. Some salesmen either seem not to know, or want you to believe they don't know.

·
5,641 Posts
ojohnson said:
I tried to ask my dealer how many units he was allocated during the first 4 months allocation but all I got was a blank stare. Is there any way for us customers to know if our order will be in the first 4 months allocation?
No. All this infomation rests with the dealerships.

ojohnson said:
If my order was picked up does that mean it will be in the first 4 months allocation or does it just mean that GM acknowledged the order?
We are using the term "picked up" here on site to indicate tha the order has been "preferenced" by GM/Pontiac. This is the when the order is taken from the dealer order bank/pool and pulled into the GM system. The only regular orders that have been "picked up" are part of the first four month allocation. There have been two dealer order cycles where Solstice orders have been "picked up".

·
Registered
193 Posts
Then I can assume I'm in the first four month allocation because my dealer said the order had been picked up as ordered by Pontiac? He used the term picked up, not me. I showed him the list of event codes I printed from this forum and, if I remember correctly, he said it was at status 2500. I'm crossing my fingers that I'm in his first allocation.

·
5,641 Posts
ojohnson said:
Then I can assume I'm in the first four month allocation because my dealer said the order had been picked up as ordered by Pontiac? He used the term picked up, not me. I showed him the list of event codes I printed from this forum and, if I remember correctly, he said it was at status 2500. I'm crossing my fingers that I'm in his first allocation.

All available infomation would point to your order is well on its way, and you are in the early part of the first four month allocation period. Congratulations.

If you can get your VOMS order number from your dealer, find Cadillacricket's post, he has stepped up to offer status tracking infomation.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Allocation Confusion

My order was placed in mid July on Aug 10 I stopped by my dealer and I asked if he had any update he said no they are still waiting to see how many cars will be in their allocation. I am #2 in line for the car at that dealership. Does anybody have a similar story.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Small Dealer said:

Dealers were notified by Pontiac in early April, what their allocation would be for the first four months of production.

The amount of the allocation was figured differently then normal. Most allocations would be based on previous 12 month sales history. The Solstice team used a formula that was 50% based on previous sales and 50% based on market oppertunity ( as indicated by roadster sales level of a dozen or so other cars).

The allocation numbers come alive through different available reports in VOMS or through the Order Workbench in Dealerworld. Reports can show a two or three months allocation break down, and a weekly break down for the coming month. (This is how one member's dealer was able to say that their car would be picked up during the dealer order cycle that begins August 18th).

What if it is a new dealership, with no history? How would the allocation numbers be determined

·
5,641 Posts
Brainfreeze31 said:
What if it is a new dealership, with no history? How would the allocation numbers be determined

Then I am sure Pontiac and the Sosltice team would calculate an allocation amount for the dealership. It may involce potential sales or traditional Pontiac percentages in the market or sales volume from a delaership the new one replaced. Pontiac should not leave even a new dealership out of the game. They may not receive any allocation in the first four months, but they will recieve some.

·
5,641 Posts
BlackEagle said:
My order was placed in mid July on Aug 10 I stopped by my dealer and I asked if he had any update he said no they are still waiting to see how many cars will be in their allocation. I am #2 in line for the car at that dealership. Does anybody have a similar story.
Being #2 is good, but it is equally important to know #2 of how many. #2 of 14 is better then being #2 of 2. Depending on how many your dealer is getting, a #2 order could still be sitting in a dealer's order bank/pool. SO there would be nothing to update.

As far as the waiting to see part........Dealerships received their first four month allocation numbers in April. SInce then they have received reports that would have shown them how many cars they were getting in July (now past) , August, and September. They should even have a report that breaks August down by weekly dealer order cycles. So they should have more infomation then your post suggests.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
BlackEagle said:
Sounds kinda fishy UNLESS your dealerhsip is one fo the very unlucky few who got Zero first 4 month allocation cars which means you're waiting for the 2nd allocation set. Because all dealers knew their allocation back on April 15th the day of the EOP program at least.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Fishy behavior at dealerships.....

It is all Gonna depend on the dealership. A guy told me today that he ordered a car once, put down a deposit, and was told he could buy the car for MSRP. He got a call 8 weeks later(lucky him) and told that the car was there, and if he wanted it he needed to be there in two hours with a check or it would be sold to someone else. they even refused to give him his deposit back when he showed up three hours later( He lived asixty miles away) and the car was already sold. It all depends on the dealer, guys. This Solstice is a specialty car, but I urge you all to consider your dealer more than you do your convenience, or a couple dollars savings( i've lost deals over a set of assist steps ($350). Even if they smile real big while your signing the paperwork

·
Registered
25 Posts
My dealer also acknowledged my order was accepted and I was #2 at the dealership for delivery. No vin# or build date yet, Ordered second week of August. Dealer speculates a late October delivery.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ed McManus said:
My dealer also acknowledged my order was accepted and I was #2 at the dealership for delivery. No vin# or build date yet, Ordered second week of August. Dealer speculates a late October delivery.
Same here. I am # 1 ordered early July. My dealer is calling every week He wants it here as much as I do. Or more. I agreed to a invite showing when it comes in

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
cadillacricket said:
It is all Gonna depend on the dealership. A guy told me today that he ordered a car once, put down a deposit, and was told he could buy the car for MSRP. He got a call 8 weeks later(lucky him) and told that the car was there, and if he wanted it he needed to be there in two hours with a check or it would be sold to someone else. they even refused to give him his deposit back when he showed up three hours later( He lived asixty miles away) and the car was already sold. It all depends on the dealer, guys. This Solstice is a specialty car, but I urge you all to consider your dealer more than you do your convenience, or a couple dollars savings( i've lost deals over a set of assist steps ($350). Even if they smile real big while your signing the paperwork
WOW, that's a nightmare story!!!! I think the $500 back could have been gotten with a little legal help. But UG!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts