Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a dealer with an orange na coupe asking 30k. told me that 28k is the limit because its right above their cost.

so did some dealers fall into the trap and overpay for a used solstice coupe?

or is he just messin with me.

he's pulling the "this is a rare color" card on me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
None of the cars seem to be worth any where near that price. Seems like too much to me. How many miles is on it? What Color? I would ask a lot of questions, and still would probably not pay that much.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The car is only worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it. I would check around, unless that is the car you want. If so you know how much the dealer wants for it. You should have cash in hand. No Bank will lend that much on it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I would ask 50K for it, but would not pay more than 20K. Like BuzzardT said, it is worth what someone would pay for it. He does not make money keeping it.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
so did some dealers fall into the trap and overpay for a used solstice coupe?
No way. If he says he's got 28K in it he's bull****ting. Plus GM gave (I think it was) $7K rebates to move the final cars off the lot.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Only person who really knows is sales manager and what I learned being a car salesman. Dealerships always made more profit on used cars than used cars.

My 2 cents, only reason to pay MSRP is if you love everything about it and plan on keeping it a long time because what you lose financially you'll more than get back emotionally.

·
Registered
63 Posts
No way. If he says he's got 28K in it he's bull****ting. Plus GM gave (I think it was) $7K rebates to move the final cars off the lot.
I pa1d 18K for mine back in Jan from a dealer that could care less about so called collectability. Too bad I totaled it. Looking for another but will wait till I find one reasonably priced. Is the Orange one you metion at a Caddy dealer in AZ. They have one and gave me the same 28K jazz.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Doesn't surprise me; I placed an order in February of 2009 for a base coupe (this was during the Solstice/Sky production halt) the only options I wanted were the Brazen color and automatic transmission. A couple of weeks later, just before production started up again and the first order cycle started, they called and asked for the OK to put the order in. When asked how much it would cost us (when I first met with the dealer they were not sure of the MSRP) they gave us a number just over 28K. Needless to say I was not about to spend that much on a base coupe.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I bought mine off the lot new. The sticker price was $28,935 I can't think of a feature this one does not have. That's were they started, that is not were it ended. The one you are looking at is a used car? Less for a used car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. I currently own a 2006 G6 GTP Coupe. I was just wondering if that Coupe was still available, and if so could I get the website of the dealer that has it? Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In my opinion a car that is one of 416 coupes (Non-GXP) ever built will have more value than a car that is one of 12,000+. The rarer the car, the more expensive it is likely to be. However, be aware that the rarer the car the harder it may be to find parts or have any repairs done. The biggest challenge is the manufacturer is no longer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
A dealer in OH has two base coupes, I called him, he wants 29K firm each. One Hydro, one Brazen both autos no Premium on the Hydro. When I told him I paid 18K for mine from a dealer there was just dead silence. Told him good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Raider got an unusual deal on his GXP for 19000 from a dealer that bought it from a auction and put it up for a quick sale. That dealer had no idea what they had. I wouldn't go by that price, a nice GXP will be mid 20's. I am sure a deal like that will come along once in a while but how long do you want to wait.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Raider got an unusual deal on his GXP for 19000 from a dealer that bought it from a auction and put it up for a quick sale. That dealer had no idea what they had. I wouldn't go by that price, a nice GXP will be mid 20's. I am sure a deal like that will come along once in a while but how long do you want to wait.
Best bet is to buy from a dealer that just cares about volume. THey could care less about rarity. I got my N/A (RIP) for 18K from a dealer. ANd they will continue to go down as they are just used cars to some dealers.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts