Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer has made a bet with me that my EOP first 1000 car will not arrive before Oct 31. He will give me $10 for every day the car arrives prior to Oct 31, off the price.

Hopefully it will arrive early Sept, so I can get a couple hundred dollars off!

First 1000 Sly

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Wow, he's hopefully going to start losing money this week ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not have to bet anything. My dealer is just so convinced GM will not deliver the car prior to Oct 31. Basically my dealer just lists all of his previous experiences with GM not delivering new models on time.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
If your color is Red or White he would probably be pretty close.

·
Registered
528 Posts
dolby0102 said:
My dealer has made a bet with me that my EOP first 1000 car will not arrive before Oct 31. He will give me $10 for every day the car arrives prior to Oct 31, off the price.

First 1000 Sly

So if you get 2 months times $10 a day off the delivered price then you will be at MSRP by delivery? Just kidding :lol:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Do you have a VIN number yet? I suspect not or the dealer wouldn't be making the bet! He still is going to loose big. (don't worry they are still making enough off the car at MSRP to more than make-up for the bet losses even if your car arrived this week!).

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Why do you think this?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
dolby0102 said:

First 1000 Sly
Looks like you made a good bet because GM is contracually obligated to deliver all of the EOP cars by the end of Oct. It's not that GM plans on or wants to do this, they have to do it. At the rate VIN #'s are coming out too we've already seen a 02xx value, which I'm betting means GM can easily get through all 1000 before the end of Oct. Now I don't remember if they're required to have them delivered by the end of Oct or if they just have to have them built and intransit.

·
Registered
288 Posts
dolby0102 said:

First 1000 Sly
Easy money for you. Even if the build rate stays where it is now you will have your car by the end of September at the latest. More than likely, the build rate will slowly creep up every week so I am expecting most deliveries will be complete by the middle of September.

Flagg

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Keep in mind that even though they're grouping the colors somewhat, they don't appear to be breaking them down into batches of individual colors. Looking at Excelsior's Solstice tracking list, they scattered the colors within the first three, so I'm guessing they will probably mix it up when it comes to the last group of four colors also.

Also, congrats on the deal you got, dolby. I'm guessing you'll pocket at least a couple hundred bucks on the deal. From what I'm hearing, it sounds like most all the first 1000 should arrive well before the end of October. If they have actually ramped up to 150/week, which seems to be the case based on the latest numbers, that only leaves about four more weeks to finish building them. Then add a couple of weeks for delivery. If you're lucky, yours won't be the very last one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts