Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked with Solstice HQ about VIN#151.They talked with DBC.HQ called me back and told me #151 has passed all the quality check points and is ready to ship. This sounds like a mantra I've heard before,only this time they called DBC to get the info.Anyone out there on the forum,that has had thier dealer call DBC,find the info they were given credible. :cool:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I called Solstice HQ this afternoon about my #25. I told them that my dealer has been great and has been calling the DBC for me every week but has been getting the runaround. This week and last week DBC said the same thing...it's in Lordstown (where it has been supposedly since 8/15). Two weeks ago, it was "waiting on a train", this last week it was on a "safety hold indefinitely".

I spoke to Lisa at HQ and told her that I am trying to be patient, and am not even really so upset that the car isn't here yet, I am more upset that I have not been told what it going on. She said she would try calling the DBC and see what she could find out.

She called me back about 30 min later and said the DBC would not tell her anything and that they said my dealer needs to call them. So here we go again. I will have my dealer call them tomorrow, but am not holding my breath.

C'mon GM, please just let me know where my car is and why it's taking so long! The uncertainty is killing me more than the not having my car. :willy:

·
Registered
233 Posts
C5Vette said:
I called Solstice HQ this afternoon about my #25. I told them that my dealer has been great and has been calling the DBC for me every week but has been getting the runaround. This week and last week DBC said the same thing...it's in Lordstown (where it has been supposedly since 8/15). Two weeks ago, it was "waiting on a train", this last week it was on a "safety hold indefinitely".

I spoke to Lisa at HQ and told her that I am trying to be patient, and am not even really so upset that the car isn't here yet, I am more upset that I have not been told what it going on. She said she would try calling the DBC and see what she could find out.

She called me back about 30 min later and said the DBC would not tell her anything and that they said my dealer needs to call them. So here we go again. I will have my dealer call them tomorrow, but am not holding my breath.

C'mon GM, please just let me know where my car is and why it's taking so long! The uncertainty is killing me more than the not having my car. :willy:
I have had the exact same response. The blame game......Each person tells me to talk with the other......GM President, Richard Wagner had some kid call me today and again the same BS.....Couldn't tell me why my car was delivered to Birmingham and then recalled. He said it was due to the Federal and EPA standards testing....Yeah right.....Alabama doesn't have emissions protocol like California....Must think we are stupid down here in the south....If I didn't love the look of the Solstice, I would tell GM to go to H---. I doubt that I will ever buy from them again. I pay cash for all my vehicles and expect a little respect and honesty. I haven't had an honest answer from GM through this whole experience. I am terribly disappointed and let down with this whole experience. Waiting I can understand, but my situation is a little different than just waiting. Something went seriously wrong once my car was shipped out and delivered to my state. Due date on invoice was at the latest August 18th. Here it is a month later......No Solstice, no answers......Well, I must edit this. He did admit that my car was still at the plant being tested. How long do they have to test the cars? Might as well build me a new one...All any of us ask for is honesty.......Is that too much to ask????? Must be..... :rant:

·
Registered
576 Posts
:) Hang in there! While most women would hate to admit it, think about the following: Many women pine for the day when they can have a child. During the birth process they scream, curse and swear they will never do this again. A month later they are so tickled with the new arrival, they are ready to do it all over again.

:willy:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know Jack about women and babies all I want is the straight poop from Pontiac...is that too much to ask????? :mad: :mad: :cool:

·
Registered
233 Posts
SolLate said:
:) Hang in there! While most women would hate to admit it, think about the following: Many women pine for the day when they can have a child. During the birth process they scream, curse and swear they will never do this again. A month later they are so tickled with the new arrival, they are ready to do it all over again.

I agree to a point. I never stated that I wouldn't do it again. My births were easy....I'm more than ready for this birth. I started contractions on August 22nd and expected full delivery within days.....Almost a month later and still waiting.........Everyone says it will be worth the wait...I hope so....Still, it would be easier if someone would tell me what is going on...

Going off in another direction, has anyone else noticed that Gmlinedog hasn't been back on the forum in quite a few days? Hope he didn't get in trouble trying to get answers to our questions.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
mssleepr said:
Going off in another direction, has anyone else noticed that Gmlinedog hasn't been back on the forum in quite a few days? Hope he didn't get in trouble trying to get answers to our questions.
I checked his profile and it said he was on this morning, but I don't know if he posted anything.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I will let you know tomorrow.

My dealer was told last week that the car would be here this Tuesday and they would call him with an update today.
I called him at about 1:30 and they hadn't called back. He called them and they told him they'd check and "call back in 30 minutes".
Well - they called back and said it would be there tomorrow and that's all they knew. He asked for a specific time but was told that he was lucky to even be getting that much information!

I've got my fingers crossed! :willy:

·
Registered
976 Posts
mssleepr said:
Still, it would be easier if someone would tell me what is going on...

No joke here is what is going on..... The factory screwed your car up. the found some problems that couldn't be fixed and/or caused your car to have serious problems in transport. If it were any other car, they would scrap it and make you a new one. But this is one of 1000, can't replace the VIN. The CAN"T let it go out wrong, so they had to take it back to the factory and rebuild the problem area.

I am not saying be thankful, and I am certainly not saying don't be upset.

And I am not saying give GM a break.

I am pointing out why they might want to walk on eggshells when talking to you, whether you're mad or pleasant, which I am sure you are.

I agree with you totally. If I were you I would certainly rather hear...

"Mr. Staggs, we are extremely sorry to inform you that your child was stillborn. Would you like us to make you another?"

or even better..." Mr. Staggs, while transporting your car, the transmission fell apart due to a loosened......bla....bla.... We will have your car fix and add a guarantee on the transmission, and we are EXTREMELY sorry for the inconvenience..."

As opposed to..."Mr. Staggs I am unable to access that information, you will have to call your dealer, and have them call us, then I can access that information....."

I work for them and I get this.....

I have a vacation (3 day) planned for this weekend, and If GM makes me cancel it to deliver this car, I will be very upset with them! The car is 20 days late, which is certainly less time than you have waited, but man!!!!!

Ok rant done.... :rant:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
cadillacricket said:
No joke here is what is going on..... The factory screwed your car up. they found some problems that couldn't be fixed and/or caused your car to have serious problems in transport. If it were any other car, they would scrap it and make you a new one. But this is one of 1000, can't replace the VIN. They CAN"T let it go out wrong, so they had to take it back to the factory and rebuild the problem area.

I am not saying be thankful, and I am certainly not saying don't be upset.

And I am not saying give GM a break.

I am pointing out why they might want to walk on eggshells when talking to you, whether you're mad or pleasant, which I am sure you are.

I agree with you totally. If I were you I would certainly rather hear...

"Mr. Staggs, we are extremely sorry to inform you that your child was stillborn. Would you like us to make you another?"

or even better..." Mr. Staggs, while transporting your car, the transmission fell apart due to a loosened......bla....bla.... We will have your car fix and add a guarantee on the transmission, and we are EXTREMELY sorry for the inconvenience..."

As opposed to..."Mr. Staggs I am unable to access that information, you will have to call your dealer, and have them call us, then I can access that information....."

I work for them and I get this.....

I have a vacation (3 day) planned for this weekend, and If GM makes me cancel it to deliver this car, I will be very upset with them! The car is 20 days late, which is certainly less time than you have waited, but man!!!!!

Ok rant done.... :rant:
A still born baby. Not something you should be using to compare.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SCISOLSTICE said:
A still born baby. Not something you should be using to compare.
I will go out on a limb and conjecture it was a metaphor, not politically correct. But then again whose counting? :cool:

·
Registered
401 Posts
C5Vette said:
I called Solstice HQ this afternoon about my #25. ....

I have also called the 800 numbers in the last few weeks. The peolpe have been very nice to talk to but they give almost no information. In some case I believe them when they tell me they realy do not know anything. My dealer has been great dealing with me and trying to get the infromation. Their other first K car has been invoiced to the for a month and even shows in the computer system as being delievered to them in Aug., but it is also no were to be found. As high tech as GM has to be I can not understand why they can not tell us more about were the cars are at. The phone people tell me and others the cars is still at the plant, but line dog said last week that only 20-30 were still at the plant. SolSister says 1000's are at Lordstown, OH. So what is the truth. GM PLEASE BE HONEST WITH US. We all have shown we and put up with almost anything as long as we feel we are being told the truth. I do not believe any of us ever believed that the cars would be out in June as said on the Apprentice and then changed almost a day the show was broadcast. We also knew it could take tell October to get our cars, but when I got the call in the the third week of Aug giving me the vin number, I said should not be to much longer. But it seems that that is when the information stop coming. GM JUST TELL US THE TRUTH>

:rant: :banghead:

·
Registered
340 Posts
SolLate said:

Good analogy. Delivery will take 9 months from the date the deal was consumated. :lol:

·
Registered
401 Posts
sonoransolstice said:
Good analogy. Delivery will take 9 months from the date the deal was consumated. :lol:
As a parent of two boys, I hope I do not have to go through the terrible two's with my solstice.

·
Registered
340 Posts
POTFH said:
As a parent of two boys, I hope I do not have to go through the terrible two's with my solstice.
let's hope there are no leaks. Potty training is the pits.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
sonoransolstice said:
let's hope there are no leaks. Potty training is the pits.
They do make diaper-like pads to place under your vehicles to absorb drips and leaks - see Griot's Garage or even AutoZone. No kidding.

·
Registered
462 Posts
mcbman said:
I will let you know tomorrow.

My dealer was told last week that the car would be here this Tuesday and they would call him with an update today.
I called him at about 1:30 and they hadn't called back. He called them and they told him they'd check and "call back in 30 minutes".
Well - they called back and said it would be there tomorrow and that's all they knew. He asked for a specific time but was told that he was lucky to even be getting that much information!

I've got my fingers crossed! :willy:
It is here!!! I'm going to get it now! :willy:

·
Registered
179 Posts
All Right!!!

mcbman said:
It is here!!! I'm going to get it now! :willy:
Congrats!! :party:
So there is still some hope for the rest of us...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts