Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dealer called, car has been "preferenced" [regular allocation getting picked up]

I'm in my dealer's first allocation. 2nd car of 2 he is initially allocated. These cars are non-first 1000.

He called to day and said the "order was preferenced and should have a build date soon." The other car he is allocated was "preferenced" last week.

When asked for time frame, he said with a normal car, that means it will build within a month. He has no idea with this car. Then transit to Utah is 15-20 days.

I'll be surprised if I see it before Halloween! Nice to know it is in motion though :)

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
What are Event Codes?
Event codes show the status of the order in the system. Using your VOM order number the dealer can lookup your status (event code) in the system.

2500 means preferenced or "picked up"
3000 means accepted by production control
3100 means available to be sequenced
3300 means scheduled for production
3400 means broadcast (internal plant order produced)
3800 means produced
4000 means available to ship
4150 means original invoice (dealer billed)
4200 means shipped
5000 means at dealer
Congratulations! You have cleared the first hurdle. Just wondering, when did you order yours? But I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. GM works in mysterious ways!

·
Registered
158 Posts
photog321 said:
I'm in my dealer's first allocation. 2nd car of 2 he is initially allocated. These cars are non-first 1000.

He called to day and said the "order was preferenced and should have a build date soon." The other car he is allocated was "preferenced" last week.

:)
:yesnod: I too am the 2nd car of my dealer's 1st allocation ( Aggressive - ordered the first week of March ) and my dealer also has told me that my car has been "preferenced" but no build date yet. I am trying to wait paitently, but it's getting tougher! :willy:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I remember waiting for a Miata, then waiting for an MR2 Spyder. Now I'm waiting for a Solstice, which is sweeter looking than either of the afore mention wheels. One thing you can count on. Time will pass. Soon you'll be cruising in the hottest ride out there. It'll be worth the wait.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered a week after the Apprentice aired.

I was the third to order, but moved up when a guy couldn't wait.

I've found it a bit trying myself, but I should be getting it just in time for snow!!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Regular Allocation People.......Start the Party!

CableStooge said:
:yesnod: I too am the 2nd car of my dealer's 1st allocation ( Aggressive - ordered the first week of March ) and my dealer also has told me that my car has been "preferenced" but no build date yet. I am trying to wait paitently, but it's getting tougher! :willy:
Wow, what a long time to wait just to have your order picked up. I ordered in Mid June, just got the call from my dealer my order will be pulled by GM on Tuesday! This entire system is strange, you'd think they could pull orders by the date of order, not some allocation system. Anyway, I'm glad my wait won't be as long. 1st 1000 will be complete next week. Regular allocation people start cheering!
:thumbs:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yes, i'm a bit confused too. I was told soon after ordering that the order had been picked up....but I still could make changes....I got the impression today that the order is now out of my hands and into GM's. I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer was using the wrong terms....he seems less than really on top of it... but who knows...it'll come when it comes.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Yeah, I'm in the same boat (ordered about the same time). But at least your dealer called you. The two times I've tried to get my dealer on the phone, they rarely return my messages. I'm hoping your right and it's further along in the system. But if he said it would be built in about a month (and not arrive), that seems to be a good guess to get from a 2500 to a 3800.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am a regular allocation and got a code 3000 'Accepted by production Control' on 2005-08-16. Hoping for a late October delivery. :willy:

·
Registered
535 Posts
ntouched said:
Wow, what a long time to wait just to have your order picked up. I ordered in Mid June, just got the call from my dealer my order will be pulled by GM on Tuesday! This entire system is strange, you'd think they could pull orders by the date of order, not some allocation system. Anyway, I'm glad my wait won't be as long. 1st 1000 will be complete next week. Regular allocation people start cheering!
:thumbs:
I ordered mine late May and mine was picked up in first round in July. It is at 3300 as of last week. I think yours maybe took longer to get picked up because of some kind of constraint that is now gone....Just a guess. But the cars will be produced according to the order they are picked up from GM not by the dealer order date. I hope our regular allocation cars start 9/5. We could feasibly see our car the early part of October....At least I hope!

B

·
0 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
I ordered mine late May and mine was picked up in first round in July. It is at 3300 as of last week.

Wow, I ordered mine on April 30th. #9 of 10 First allocation, still has not been picked up up. :( :willy:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
patiently waiting here...placed the order in late May..but dealer didnt place the order in VOMS until 19 July and waiting for that 2500 code....I dont anticipate it till Oct.........so will wait....and enjoy it when if finally arrives!!>..unless it is snowing or raining..the car will be driven off the lot with the top down!!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
BadAzSolstice said:
Wow, I ordered mine on April 30th. #9 of 10 First allocation, still has not been picked up up. :( :willy:
Mine got picked up right away because I ordered cloth. I think that was probably the only reason. Your will get picked up soon I am sure!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Who was your dealer in utah? I am in utah as well and am just curious.

B

·
0 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
Mine got picked up right away because I ordered cloth. I think that was probably the only reason. Your will get picked up soon I am sure!
CoolOne2006,

I know mine will get picked up eventually. I am not 'real' worried.... yet :lol: I actually spoke with the Sales Manager recently and he said the delays so far have been with respect to the Leather constraint that existed. However, the production numbers for this week look real good. If they keep inching up a bit, I will have mine in no time.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
put in FAQ

Hey Solsticeman...mceb.....the prodn coding below by DreamerDave
might serve to be moved to FAQ

lot of the guys (I was one) had no idea if 3000 was good or bad

just a thought

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts