Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a call from my dealer. He informed me that because of the zero zip code problem during EOP D-day, each EOP participating NJ dealer will be getting one additional Solstice (in addition to their EOP orders and regular four month allocation.) These cars will be built and delivered immediately following the First 1000 EOP cars, and prior to regular allocation orders. MY order was the lucky one to pulled from the dealer's order bank to be the "special" zero zip car. (Probably because I was number 1 in their priority list, but that is just a guess on my part.)
:party:
So I guess I move from the Regular Allocation to the Zero Zip Code Additional Allocation. It sounds like a win-win situation to me, since I move up in line for delivery, and my dealer gets an extra Solstice to sell. :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
... unless that just moved you ahead of me! :cuss:

Which it probably did :willy:

:leaving: lucky bastard

Right now, everyone is pretty much in the same boat - waiting :yawn:

Anyone wonder how ugly it is going to get when the first cars come trickling out, and most of us are still months away from getting our cars! I'm not sure I'll be able to remain civil - or balanced :crazy:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
My way is the highway

MAKsys Anyone wonder how ugly it is going to get when the first cars come trickling out said:
months [/B] away from getting our cars! I'm not sure I'll be able to remain civil - or balanced :crazy:
I am sure the fellowship that has been developed will help us to remain civil. Especially if they post pictures of every square inch and answer every question.

Wait a minute, they will be too busy driving their new car, we'll be left behind, longing for any news, pictures whatever, we won't even have the chance to be uncivil.......

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Congrats, Dengel. By the time they get done with special this and special that they'll use up the whole production capability of the plant. :lol:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
I am sure the fellowship that has been developed will help us to remain civil. Especially if they post pictures of every square inch and answer every question.

Wait a minute, they will be too busy driving their new car, we'll be left behind, longing for any news, pictures whatever, we won't even have the chance to be uncivil.......
I may have to have someone posting with their internet accessible camera phone from the road while I'm driving if Im lucky enough to get my car before the snow flies. :lol:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Don't worry fortynine, I will be taking lotsa pics!!! And since I live in sunny FL (although it is hurricane season) I'll be able to take them all winter long.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Congrats, dengel. I'm suprised they took so long to notify you.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
solli4me said:
Congrats, dengel. I'm suprised they took so long to notify you.
I think for the most part it was cluelessness on the part of the dealer. When my order got pulled and didn't count against their four month allocation, they finally figured out something was up! :lol: :glol: :lol:

·
Registered
479 Posts
dengel said:
I just received a call from my dealer. He informed me that because of the zero zip code problem during EOP D-day, each EOP participating NJ dealer will be getting one additional Solstice (in addition to their EOP orders and regular four month allocation.) These cars will be built and delivered immediately following the First 1000 EOP cars, and prior to regular allocation orders. MY order was the lucky one to pulled from the dealer's order bank to be the "special" zero zip car. (Probably because I was number 1 in their priority list, but that is just a guess on my part.)
:party:
So I guess I move from the Regular Allocation to the Zero Zip Code Additional Allocation. It sounds like a win-win situation to me, since I move up in line for delivery, and my dealer gets an extra Solstice to sell. :)
Congrats Dengel, great feeling, huh?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Congrats Dengel!

I too am a ZERO Zipper and in Southern NJ.

Where are you located?

:cool:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I just ordered my Solstice today (June 13,2005). I must be at least 6 months away from getting my order........maybe January or February of 2006?

·
Registered
511 Posts
ntouched said:
I just ordered my Solstice today (June 13,2005). I must be at least 6 months away from getting my order........maybe January or February of 2006?

More like JAN FEB of 2007
Thay are already behind by 6 Months and theres about 9000 ahead of you.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally Posted by ntouched
Andrew Jackson said:
More like JAN FEB of 2007
Thay are already behind by 6 Months and theres about 9000 ahead of you.
This is not necessarily true. It would depend on what the four month allocation is at ntouched's dealer, whether ntouched falls in that allocation, and on what schedule GM delivers the allocated cars to that dealer.

We've recently seen some posts that dealers still have slots in their four month allocation left. If ntouched got into his dealer's four month allocation, he might see his car by the end of the year.

ntouched, I recommend you ask your dealer the following questions:

1. What is your intial four month allocation?
2. Is my order in your intial four month allocation?
3. If I am in your initial four month allocation, what ranking/priority am I in that four month allocation?

Good luck and welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Mayor said:
Where are you located?

I'm in North West NJ. Largest "landmark" would be Lake Hopatcong, in Morris/Sussex Counties.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wonder how they are going to decide what states get their's first?

By the way, mine is Cool (Silver) & loaded with everything except XM & six disc changer.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Elissa said:
I wonder how they are going to decide what states get their's first?

By the way, mine is Cool (Silver) & loaded with everything except XM & six disc changer.
Other than being built in Delaware, they have to travel through Pennsylvania to get almost anywhere else except for NJ.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dengel,
Im in the deep South of New Jersey in Camden County but travel to Trenton and North on Government business. We'll have to gather the NJ group and meet up in a central place when we all finally get our Sol's

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Well, that all depends. Are you blue or red? :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
dengle is right

I called every local dealer in my area at the end of April. I was placed way down the list at every dealership. A week later one of them called me to tell me I was bumped to #4 of 7 cars allocated to thier dealership. :yesnod:

Don't give up! There's alot of impatient people out there. Present company excluded of course. :willy:

I expect my SOL sometime next week. I'll probably get it in November. :brentil:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts