Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

How helpful has your Pontiac/GM dealer been during your Solstice purchase?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been much discussion over the last several months regarding how helpful (or unhelpful) Pontiac/GM dealers have been to Solstice customers. So, I thought we could use a poll to see how helpful the majority of dealers have been. Please vote - Thanks!! :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry mcb it took me a second to get it ready - try it now.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
voted....my dealer became much more open and helpful when I asked the right questions thanks to this forum....the sales manager and my salesman...even monitors this forum now!!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
how about 1 more line like " I told them everything they needed to know, and at least they are nice and have tried to help" ?

voted, thanks ;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WannaSolstice said:
how about 1 more line like " I told them everything they needed to know, and at least they are nice and have tried to help" ?
I think that would fall under the "Ok" catagory.

·
Registered
462 Posts
WannaSolstice said:
:agree:
That's exactly my situation also.

·
Registered
905 Posts
My dealer is nice, but isn't too knowledgeable at least that's the impression I get. Hopefully the person who got one of the 1st 1000s from my dealer will come on here and post her opinion.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I voted somewhat helpful but I think that is due in part to the fact that I have the same dealer as mceb. mceb calls and tells the dealer the latest Solstice news, so that when I call the dealer, they sound somewhat knowledgeable! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, the GM at the dealership was pretty good, and willing to find answers to questions about the Solstice, but he left the dealership about a month ago, and info has been pretty scarce since then.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
dengel said:
I voted somewhat helpful but I think that is due in part to the fact that I have the same dealer as mceb. mceb calls and tells the dealer the latest Solstice news, so that when I call the dealer, they sound somewhat knowledgeable! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's why dengel came here, easier to cut out the middle man :lol: Agree since the GM left it's been really tough over there to get any updates.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have one of the most knowledgable and helpful dealers around. This is one of the good things about living in the boonies. He and the sales manager have always been up to date (probably read this forum alot) throughout this whole ordeal. Of course, I'm a really patient mannered guy, lol. NOW, WHERE'S MY CAR? :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Although I have one upped my dealer a couple of times after finding out things on this forum before he knew, he has been very helpful and thinks this whole EOP process has been kind of fun. Since mine is the only car he is getting this year (no first regular allocations) he is as anxiuos to get the car in as I am! As a matter of fact I just got of the phone with him. He called to say the order system still wasn't showing any change in my status and that he wasn't invoiced today.

·
Registered
233 Posts
WannaSolstice said:

voted, thanks ;)
Ditto :agree:

·
Registered
401 Posts
My dealership was great. I did not find this forum tell after I purchased my wife's Solstice. I am dealing with the owner of the dealership, he knew I wanted the car because of our many talks. He called me and told me of the promotion. He followed up the night of the show to make sure I would register and be in to see him early the next day. They are a small dealership but service is what they have given me over the years. I have purchsed many cars from others before finding him and I felt all dealers did not care fix problems, they just wanted your money. If I am out of town and my wife has a problem with her car I know it will be taken care of. I have even been given one of the owners cars to drive when they have mine. Talk to three other dealerships in the area and none of them got any Solstice's. Two acted like it was a big joke and they wanted no part of it. I feel with out the personel help I would not be getting this great car.

First 1000 - Sly, Fully loaded, Standard Radio, no Smoker package ( no smoking within 100 yards Please!)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Or how 'bout adding:
1. "Dealer is relying on ME to keep THEM up to date."
2. "If asked a question he doesn't know, dealer makes things up."

Back on March 14, even though my dealer claimed over and over they were already enrolled in the EOP, I had to inform them about having to send in money to enroll. I've got a copy of their enrollment dated the day after I talked to them. It was good that I saw them when I did so they could enroll on the very last day possible. I kept my mouth shut.

That day I was told repeatedly, "There's one person in front of you and you'll get the second car." But then the Sales manager came out of his office after I signed all the papers to shake my hand and said, "We've had 4 or 5 people already order them, but we'll get you one." That's when I hit the fan and, unfortunately blind sided him with a tirade about not wanting to be lied to. To appease me. I was told by the sales manager, "Don't worry, Because we represent two dealerships, we're getting 10 cars." I knew at the time allocations hadn't been announced. They weren't for several weeks. I kept my mouth shut.

When I told them I was getting my information from posts on this forum by other dealers ( Smalldealer, GTOJ, etc ), they said "Sounds like someone's lying to you just to sell you a car." I agreed with them. Someone was. I kept my mouth shut.

A couple of weeks ago, when I asked if my car had been ordered, I was told, "Your car was ordered the back on April 15 when you didn't get an EOP car." If memory serves, orders weren't being accepted till several weeks latter.

Today, when I called and asked for a VOM number, my dealer claims no VOM's have been assigned to allocation cars. Right now, I'm waiting for a call back with my "order number" because he can't find it. At this moment I'm still not sure if they ever ordered my car because all I have to go on is their word and, as you can see. I have reason to question that.

Can you guess which box I voted on? (ever notice that a:brentil:returns to a :) after it blows up)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Or how 'bout adding:
1. "Dealer is relying on ME to keep THEM up to date."
2. "If asked a question he doesn't know, dealer makes things up."

Back on March 14, even though my dealer claimed over and over they were already enrolled in the EOP, I had to inform them about having to send in money to enroll. I've got a copy of their enrollment dated the day after I talked to them. It was good that I saw them when I did so they could enroll on the very last day possible. I kept my mouth shut.

That day I was told repeatedly, "There's one person in front of you and you'll get the second car." But then the Sales manager came out of his office after I signed all the papers to shake my hand and said, "We've had 4 or 5 people already order them, but we'll get you one." That's when I hit the fan and, unfortunately blind sided him with a tirade about not wanting to be lied to. To appease me. I was told by the sales manager, "Don't worry, Because we represent two dealerships, we're getting 10 cars." I knew at the time allocations hadn't been announced. They weren't for several weeks. I kept my mouth shut.

When I told them I was getting my information from posts on this forum by other dealers ( Smalldealer, GTOJ, etc ), they said "Sounds like someone's lying to you just to sell you a car." I agreed with them. Someone was. I kept my mouth shut.

A couple of weeks ago, when I asked if my car had been ordered, I was told, "Your car was ordered the back on April 15 when you didn't get an EOP car." If memory serves, orders weren't being accepted till several weeks latter.

Today, when I called and asked for a VOM number, my dealer claims no VOM's have been assigned to allocation cars. Right now, I'm waiting for a call back with my "order number" because he can't find it. At this moment I'm still not sure if they ever ordered my car because all I have to go on is their word and, as you can see. I have reason to question that.

Can you guess which box I voted on? (ever notice that a:brentil:returns to a :) after it blows up)
WOW, is about all I can say. They could have put in early orders up to their full allocation all the way through 4/24. Every order inputted generates a draft order, then going back in to spec out options (orders on 4/15 would have been as mine for just a blank car with options to be selected) My options were spec'd out and it generated a VOM#, without which GM I think won't "pick up" the order. It sounds like you were led around the block in both directions. Unless an order would fall into a dealer's second round of allocations which may not have been set or open for orders then any dealer not filling out the first 4 month allocation with stock orders beyond sold is, excuse me while I search for:IGNORANT!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dealer? What Dealer?

Back a few months ago when he took my $1ooo and took my order he didn't know anything. I took in a lot of info I had copied off different sites, so he would know what was available on a Solstice. Since then everytime I check in with him he says,"We got some coming, we just don't know what color or any of the options, we haven't got any confirmations, when we know something, you'll know something." I work for Auto Zone, we're number one in auto parts and we sure didn't get that way treating our customers this way. Our motto is,"Treat every customer like he or she is our only customer." All of our small fleet nation wide is made up of Ford cars and trucks, maybe they figured it out long ago and I'm just catching on. That Mustang sounds better everyday.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dealer Poll

I didn't know how to answer because at first the dealer was very helpful but after he got my deposit I feel like the invisble man.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i am quit surprised at the fairly even voting field. my dealer has recently become more helpful. i originally got a newsletter in may... but nothing else until about a month ago. i finally got fed up after hearing so much info off of this site, that i emailed him. nothing rude or anything but that i just wanted info..you know. but in the last couple of days, there has been more communication at least. nothing really about the car yet, but they are sending me a july/aug newsletter, and a SURPRISE! can't wait. maybe info on when my car is going to be built... :cool: :yesnod:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dealer Has No Clue

My salemsan who is the fleet manager has no clue concerning the Solstice. Today he had called to inform me the pre-production solstice that he set up for me to see was cancelled. While we were talking, I explained that I may get a chance to see one quiet soon as they were starting to be delivered. He stated no way they have not even started them on the line yet. When I informed him the first one was presented to the owner last friday he went speachless. He stated they never tell us anything here. I have sent him a link to this site a couple of times already, but looks as if he is just to busy to educate himself.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts