Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I know the dealer options are jokes, IE, rustproofing, pinstriping, bug deflector,

my question is

Will it be easier for me to get a base solstice and then add the a/c from the dealer than to have to get one ordered that way.

I want a silver base one, with just a/c. From the looks around here, nobody wants MY car. So is it possible to get teh a/c added as a dealer option?

silversolstice

·
Registered
383 Posts
Not a good idea...

Factory options are always better than dealer options. Even if the same parts..better to have factory assmebly than dealer installed by some grease monkey that just is reading directions. Relate it to you buying a desk and having it delivered to your home...or buying a sauder desk and having to put it together yourself...reading the directions that dont add up..you always have extra parts...nothing ever fits perfect...yad yada yada. Stay factory...order it that way.

·
5,641 Posts
I have heard nothing about an A/C kit being available from Pontiac.

If you are ordering a car from a dealer it will be the same effort to get one with or with out air conditioning.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, So i need factory A/C, makes sense. I was just hoping that a barebones solstice would slip by(dealer tells me whatever car they get they go through the list until someone buys it) and then I could add the a/c later.

Thanks for the info.

·
5,641 Posts
silversolstice said:
I was just hoping that a barebones solstice would slip by
So you haven't already ordered a car?

What you are hoping for may not be impossible. During the first allocation there was a restriction on the Premium Package. The may be dealers that were allocated a car buy didn't have an order to match. So some ordered a non-Premium Package car for their inventory. So there may be some lower priced-lower equiped Solstices being built in the end of August time frame. The hard part is, that there is no way for you to find these cars until they are built and landing at the dealers. Then can be found on GM Buypower or doing a search through Pontiac.com.

Best bet is still to find a dealer that you are confortable with, that may have allocation and order the correct car for you. You will enjoy it more and longer if it is built to your specs then if you accept some one elses. Good luck.

·
Registered
263 Posts
A/C is always better pre-installed. Get the factory warranty and less headaches when it comes to servicing.

Now, given this is a roadster design to be driven with the top down in good weather you can live without the A/C. The only real time I would use it was to clear the fogged windows while raining or below freezing, but driving in those conditions is against the "roadster code of ethics" anyway. :lol:

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'll use the A/C at the stop lights so that I can maintain my cool :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts