Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke w/ my dealer and he received my invoice today. :)

When he was quoting the MSRP I noticed it was a little lower than previously discussed... Had him go over everything and it looks like I'll be manually rolling up my windows and locking my doors. :(
The ZQ2 Power Pkg wasn't listed.

Oh well, It is a ROADSTER... right?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I was in the dealer's office when he ordered mine. He prints out a copy of the order every month to verify that it's what I want. Hope you like the car the way it arrives.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something is still not right. :willy:
He said $22,175.
When I went to kbb and priced it (without power pkg, Smoker's Pkg, 6disc, & XM) It came up with 23,750.

I can't figure out what else may have been left out! ???

·
Registered
600 Posts
That's another 1575.00 difference. He must expect you to cancel this order and get another for yourself. shady.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops... I did a typo.

He actually said $23,175.
But still -- that's a $575 difference!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
according to kbb - destination charge is $575.

I guess this is what he didn't include in the quote??

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I have NO experiance ordering a car - all the new cars I've owned came off the lot.

Is it just me, or do there seem to be an awful lot of people not getting what they thought they ordered :willy:

The really odd part is - they're getting less, not more (which is what you might expect if the dealers were trying to stick it to ya' :skep: )

Sorry about the windows :(

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:(
I think what I'm gonna miss the most here is the "Remote Keyless Entry"!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Turning Window Cranks.....

mcbman said:
:(
I think what I'm gonna miss the most here is the "Remote Keyless Entry"!
No Power Package......I would send it back! The idea of cranking the windows would be too much for me....... :willy:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ntouched said:
No Power Package......I would send it back! The idea of cranking the windows would be too much for me....... :willy:
My 1998 Silverado currenlty has a broken regulator for the drivers side window! and my 1997 Grand Prix had problems w/ both power windows!
So... I'm trying to be positive by thinking "This is just one less thing I'll have to worry about going wrong".
What gets me though -- is having to stick a key in the door! I bet I'll have to use the button in the glove box to open the rear decklid too huh? :(

·
Registered
179 Posts
I wanted crank windows till i remembered how often you need to open close and adjust the passenger window to adjust airflow when roof is down

·
Registered
177 Posts
windows not working

Just remember while reading these posts that a Sol's power windows at the Ride & Drive in Clarence, NY were not working. They both stopped about 1/3 down..it could have been a fuse/breaker.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I wouldn't mind manual windows, it's the keyless entry that I would miss the most!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Keyless Entry

I believe you can get an aftermarket alarm installed that will include the solenoids required to make your doors power door locks. Ask around....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Editguy said:
I wouldn't mind manual windows, it's the keyless entry that I would miss the most!

Not only no manual windows or keyless entry - you will also have to trigger your top from the glove box button (remote trunk release is on your key fob) :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Okay, you guys changed my mind. I would miss it all. Glad I ordered it, and it'd better come that way!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
What you'll really miss is electric mirrors, unless those are in another package. I'll live with rolling up windows, but getting out to adjust that right mirror is a bitch.
Not really a problem if there's only one driver for a car though. I have electric mirrors now, but I think the last time I used them was a year or two ago. I guess it may be a bit more problematic if two people drive the car and they are very different height.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
SlySol said:
Not really a problem if there's only one driver for a car though. I have electric mirrors now, but I think the last time I used them was a year or two ago. I guess it may be a bit more problematic if two people drive the car and they are very different height.
Yeah, and no one will be driving my Sol except for me! ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts