Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It wouldn’t hurt to email a few dealers to see if anyone will take an order at invoice, but I am guessing most dealers will be looking for MSRP (or more) on these cars initially. They expect these cars to be hot, and they are limited by their allocation on how many they will get to sell. They will certainly try to squeeze all the money out of them that they can. Hopefully that doesn’t include markups, but some dealers will invariably jack up the price too.

Wait 4-6 months and see how the car is doing. As we get towards fall/winter, and after the initial rush is done there should be some dealing on the car. :thumbs

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
DreamerDave said:
I know this is foolish but there is something to having a car that's the first one a lot of people have seen on the road. I hate to admit it but it's a sort of silly ego boost to have people point and wave. But that does have a value. Whether it's worth the $1000 (5% of the price of the car) or not is up to you. And I understand, it is something you pay for that disappears with time. But so is the feeling you get knowing you saved a few dollars on the price.
Just buy a Fiero. People point and wave at mine all the time. I have had numerous gas station attendants come out of their mini-mart to check it out. The best thing is instead of paying a $1000 premium, you probably can get one for $1000 total! :thumbs :jester

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
2KWK4U said:
yeah, or get an H2... lots of people point and wave at those. Usually with the same finger! :patriot
:glol I am not sure that is the type of waving he wants to receive! :banghead

1 - 3 of 3 Posts