Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Small dealer I remember you mentioning something about the dealer being invoiced for a car and delivery date quite a while back. Is there any relation to when the dealer gets invoiced and the imminent delivery of the car? My dealer received the invoice for my car last Thursday. :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Your location, testing and discovered quality issues can all impact the date of actual delivery. Mine was showing 3800 on 9/13, invoice to dealer about 3 weeks later, on hold for quality issues (I am guessing) since that time. DBC hasn't given the dealer more information that that.

Other cars have been delivered that were 3800 weeks after mine, but were closer to the factory and/or had no quality issues found during tests. :(

·
5,641 Posts
flaj said:
Small dealer I remember you mentioning something about the dealer being invoiced for a car and delivery date quite a while back. Is there any relation to when the dealer gets invoiced and the imminent delivery of the car? My dealer received the invoice for my car last Thursday. :)
Usually. The invoice is GM's bill to the dealership for the car. It usually happens when the vehicle is shipped. It is received electronically from GM, not mailed.

Among the information on the invoice is the estimated date of delivery to the dealership.

Now with the Sosltice, this is not following "usual". Many of the cars still at Wilmington may have already been invoiced to dealerships. But if the cars currently coming of the line do not have issues, then the invoice date and information may be back to being something to count on.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you guys. I'll just keep my fingers crossed. I'm not to pushy with my dealership -- you guys have enough to worry about. When it gets here it gets here. :)

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Built and done Sept 17, dealer got invoice for delivery date of Oct 17 stil NO cart as of Oct 31--Happy Halloween--the car is really a ghost and will haunt me only in my dreams never in a solid form as in car---

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Agree, invoice usually means delivery is close but Solstice is the exception because it's new launch. Mine was invoiced on 8/9 and delivered on 9/25, month and a half later.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yeah my dealer got my invoice last Thursday, but still hasn't been shipped.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My dealer was invoiced almost a month ago.....still no car. Last week I was told it was bayed. Maybe they're going to store it for me this winter.

·
Registered
206 Posts
ARKTEK said:
My dealer was invoiced almost a month ago.....still no car. Last week I was told it was bayed. Maybe they're going to store it for me this winter.
You Know, for a small fee, you guys can send your Sols to "West Coast Camp" for the winter. Lots of sun! They could enjoy the nice weather until you can shovel the snow out of your driveways!!! :jester:

·
Registered
79 Posts
BubblePix said:
"West Coast Camp" for the winter. :jester:
Wow, what an offer your much too generous. :cool:

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BubblePix said:
You Know, for a small fee, you guys can send your Sols to "West Coast Camp" for the winter. Lots of sun! They could enjoy the nice weather until you can shovel the snow out of your driveways!!! :jester:
That's a great idea --- but with me in it. Actually I was thinking of going out to visit my Sister-in law in Santiago but I need my car to do it. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts