Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a dealer that I have been talking to that has a Sol coming in that had the deal fall out and it fits what I am looking for. So he put the sold sign on it for me prior to its delivery. Great.
So then I am asking for him to fax me everything on it since it is 2 weeks out and I want to send the info out for financing.
What I got back from him was a single page from the "GMWorkbench" that doesn't tell me anything other than it has hand written text that it is sold to me! WTF? No prices, no VIN, nothing other than the basic order sheet.
Now I did ask for the build sheet but I had also asked for the final numbers.
Does he not have them yet?
How did some of you order your cars without knowing what the final drive out would be?

The sheet has things on it like:

Allocation Group
Priority: 3
Current Event: 1100-Preliminary Order Accepted
Age of Order: 0

No stock number, no price, no VIN.

What gives?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
tweety said:
There is a dealer that I have been talking to that has a Sol coming in that had the deal fall out and it fits what I am looking for. So he put the sold sign on it for me prior to its delivery. Great.
So then I am asking for him to fax me everything on it since it is 2 weeks out and I want to send the info out for financing.
What I got back from him was a single page from the "GMWorkbench" that doesn't tell me anything other than it has hand written text that it is sold to me! WTF? No prices, no VIN, nothing other than the basic order sheet.
Now I did ask for the build sheet but I had also asked for the final numbers.
Does he not have them yet?
How did some of you order your cars without knowing what the final drive out would be?

The sheet has things on it like:

Allocation Group
Priority: 3
Current Event: 1100-Preliminary Order Accepted
Age of Order: 0

No stock number, no price, no VIN.

What gives?
If it's event code 1100, your far from being built. You can't get a vin untill the car is made. But you should get in writing the price ! Also ask for a VOM report.

·
5,641 Posts
Event code #1100 indicates that it is sitting in the dealership order bank/pool. So the information you received is either very out dated or from the wrong order.

Don't bother asking for a report from VOMS, the Dealer Work Bench reports are nicer looking with their grays & blues and shading.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input.
My guess is that if he is saying that the car is 2 weeks out that the sheet that he faxed me must be from the woman that ordered the car. His last email claimed that there were 40 on the way and that 38 were sold leaving 2 that dropped out.
Will ask for the VOM report.
Always cool to have people that know the system. Thanks!!! :grouphug:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
tweety said:
Thanks for the input.
My guess is that if he is saying that the car is 2 weeks out that the sheet that he faxed me must be from the woman that ordered the car. His last email claimed that there were 40 on the way and that 38 were sold leaving 2 that dropped out.
Will ask for the VOM report.
Always cool to have people that know the system. Thanks!!! :grouphug:
if he sold 40..then he must be one big dealer with a nice first and second allocation..... is all I have to say!!!! and one of the two left is yours and should be there in two weeks.....sounds fishy to me,...uuuuummm just curious

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking at this thing that he faxed me, the date on the top shows the following:

Preliminary order detail - Order #JMHNSX
Current as of 08/31/2005 - 03:32 PM EDT

So perhaps this explains why the Event Code was showing so far off. As mentioned, this car was suppose to be for someone else that changed her mind.
Still can't see why he can't provide me with numbers aside from assuring me that the car is being sold at MSRP.
The dealer, for those of you in the area, is in Dallas. Vista Ridge on I-35.

He does stop short of faxing me the second page which shows Event History.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
tweety said:
Looking at this thing that he faxed me, the date on the top shows the following:

Preliminary order detail - Order #JMHNSX
Current as of 08/31/2005 - 03:32 PM EDT

So perhaps this explains why the Event Code was showing so far off. As mentioned, this car was suppose to be for someone else that changed her mind.
Still can't see why he can't provide me with numbers aside from assuring me that the car is being sold at MSRP.
The dealer, for those of you in the area, is in Dallas. Vista Ridge on I-35.

if that code 1100 is the only code he shows as of 8/31/05...uuuummmm Im betting it is still sitting in his dealers allocation pool....and it hasnt even been perferenced or picked up by GM to be built yet, meaning second allocation...meaning next spring if you are lucky before you see the car......sounds fishy to me..no reason he cant fax you a firm price if he expects it in two weeks....ask if the dealership has been invoiced yet.....I would get the printout that SD suggested above.....the dealer isnt being open here.....not a good sign...

·
Registered
275 Posts
"Still can't see why he can't provide me with numbers aside from assuring me that the car is being sold at MSRP."
If it's being sold at (current) MSRP , then you can easilly determine the price, assuming you know the options, from www.kbb.com (Kelly Blue book).
He can't provide any numbers if he doesn'tt know the options, although that would be strange, since he sold the woman a car and therefore must know what it's going to look like.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
kingarthur said:
"Still can't see why he can't provide me with numbers aside from assuring me that the car is being sold at MSRP."
If it's being sold at (current) MSRP , then you can easilly determine the price, assuming you know the options, from www.kbb.com (Kelly Blue book).
He can't provide any numbers if he doesn'tt know the options, although that would be strange, since he sold the woman a car and therefore must know what it's going to look like.
VOMS will have the printout with all the options on the car as it was originally ordered....no reason this dealer cant price the car now....IMHO....

·
5,641 Posts
tweety said:
Again not to much of an issue, because it would probably be from August (if they printed it out for their files).

If they think it isn't that far out, then I am sure it has already been "picked up" by GM/Pontiac.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts