Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, my dealer e-mailed me today to say:

"We just got the allocation for your car."

So, that translates to... what? I am going to assume that means (acording to the order FAQ by SmallDealer) that they are now going to confirm the order in VOMS and then Tuesday, the order will be picked up, and I will get a Projected build date, etc. in a week.

That would lead me to believe that since I am the only order from my dealer that he wasn't allotted any cars the first month, and I am a "second month allocation."

Am I right?

·
5,641 Posts
By now I would say GM/Pontiac is in to the third month of the estimated first four month allocation period.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard ;)
Defend Dealership: No Accuse Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Accuse GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: Yes
General Conversation: No

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Small Dealer said:
By now I would say GM/Pontiac is in to the third month of the estimated first four month allocation period.
Makes sense, I guess. My dealer is not huge, and I'm their only order.

So am I looking at late October/early November?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Wouldn't it be that cars being allocated now are part of second four month as the first four month were done in April and ordered long ago? Or is the dealer confusing "picked up" with allocated, which would be happening now for first allocations. Anyway, sounds like some kind of progress. Ask the dealer to give you your "code" , that will help you understand your place in line better.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dealer just got my allocation also!!

Same thing my dealer told me on Thursday. I understood him to say that he thought he was getting four this year, but may end up with only one. Lucky for me, I am first on the list. :)

He said that the order would be picked up next week, a build date set, and expect to see it by the end of October.

Just in time for us indiana guys to drive around and enjoy the fall color! :willy:

Fortimir keep us posted on your progress.
Has an Indiana Group formed yet??

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
erbo said:

Same thing my dealer told me on Thursday. I understood him to say that he thought he was getting four this year, but may end up with only one. Lucky for me, I am first on the list. :)

He said that the order would be picked up next week, a build date set, and expect to see it by the end of October.

Just in time for us indiana guys to drive around and enjoy the fall color! :willy:

Fortimir keep us posted on your progress.
Has an Indiana Group formed yet??
I'm under the impression that my dealer was given the notice from GM to "get your orders finalized because they are getting picked up next week." I'm first of one in line.

I think I'm in the exact same boat as you...

...and I know nothing about an Indiana club yet. I'm only 19 and know nothing about car clubs. All I know is that growing up I would tag along with my dad going to car shows.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fortimir said:
Alright, my dealer e-mailed me today to say:

So, that translates to... what? I am going to assume that means (acording to the order FAQ by SmallDealer) that they are now going to confirm the order in VOMS and then Tuesday, the order will be picked up, and I will get a Projected build date, etc. in a week.
Who knows. My order was picked up 8/13 and has been stuck at 3000 since 8/20/05. Don't know what computer logic Pontiac is using to sequence orders. I think its Java because my order has been on coffee break for about a month now. Good union.
:lol:

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm the first allocation at my dealer and my order was picked up on 8/29, but I'm still yet to see a build date. I keep calling back every Wed. and he checks for me but we're closing quickly on 3 weeks and still no TPW or Delivery date. :( The 1st 1K that the dealership got just came in 9/9 which was a little over one week later than the Delivery Date in the system.

Is it a possibility that my car's been built but their system isn't updated yet? Is there any way that I can check that?

·
Registered
819 Posts
simmonsmb said:
I'm the first allocation at my dealer and my order was picked up on 8/29, but I'm still yet to see a build date. I keep calling back every Wed. and he checks for me but we're closing quickly on 3 weeks and still no TPW or Delivery date. :( The 1st 1K that the dealership got just came in 9/9 which was a little over one week later than the Delivery Date in the system.

Is it a possibility that my car's been built but their system isn't updated yet? Is there any way that I can check that?
I didn't hear anything from my dealer, until he said it had been picked up. I asked him for the VOMS #. I emailed that number to Cricket, who gave me the order level number at the time. That was at the beginning of this month. This past Wednesday, my dealer sent me an email and said my car was born on Tuesday and has a VIN#. Things are moving along pretty well now, so your wait should be getting shorter.

The important number you need at the point where your order is today, is your VOMS. Once you have that, if you want more info than your dealer seems to be able to give you, yes, ask your dealer to help you first, email the VOMS to Cricket. Realize, though, that he has had quite a few people doing the same thing, so patience is necessary. Of course, patience is a necessary evil in this process. Don't get discouraged, and don't get over anxious. Neither will help your Solstice arrive in your drive sooner.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My order was picked up back in early July or Late June for a 1st allocation, but I still do not have a build date. From what I understand they aren't even giving build dates. I know that some people have gotten them, but CadillacCricket said that they aren't giving them. I did go to code 3400 this past week, so that is progress, but still no public build date.

Makes me think... how have people gotten the TPW.

·
Registered
819 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
My order was picked up back in early July or Late June for a 1st allocation, but I still do not have a build date. From what I understand they aren't even giving build dates. I know that some people have gotten them, but CadillacCricket said that they aren't giving them. I did go to code 3400 this past week, so that is progress, but still no public build date.

I was given 3400 and about two weeks later a VIN and my Solstice birthday. You should be very close to production. I see 3400 as an indication that all of the internal paperwork is ready for the parts to head toward the assmbly line, and a touch by GMLD and his associates. I never did have a TPW, and didn't really worry about it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I recieved my target production week when I called 866-952-4368 (pontiac support). they put me on hold and called someone else and found the date.

B

·
0 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:

Call the Pontiac Support number. They gave me a TPW when I called earlier this week.

·
Registered
976 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:

Someone might be getting the TPW confused with the week the vehicle was built, or someone is lying to them. I have looked at at least a thousand orders, and haven't seen a TPW or Est. Delivery Date on any of them....

·
Registered
139 Posts
cadillacricket said:
Someone might be getting the TPW confused with the week the vehicle was built, or someone is lying to them. I have looked at at least a thousand orders, and haven't seen a TPW or Est. Delivery Date on any of them....
They told me "target production period" but that is definately not set in stone. I don't know , however, how they would have any more info than what you can get cadillaccricket. maybe it was just an estimate from the date my car got to event code 3000.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My car was at event code 2000 beginning about two weeks ago. I'm at a big s.e. michigan dealer. I'm hoping that means I'll see my car by the end of october. Just what the heck does a code 2000 mean anyways?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Small Dealer said:
SD that makes perfect sense because I was told on Monday my car had been preferenced and I was 5/9 in my dealer's first four month allocation.

Haven't been able to verify, but one more reason to hope that it is true. So does it follow that if the car is preferenced second week in Sept it will be built around mid Oct. and delivered mid Nov?

Yummy perfect convertible weather in Ottawa, world's 2nd coldest capital. :lol:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
debz said:
My car was at event code 2000 beginning about two weeks ago. I'm at a big s.e. michigan dealer. I'm hoping that means I'll see my car by the end of october. Just what the heck does a code 2000 mean anyways?
Search "event codes" on this site.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts