Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I get the point that I shouldn't be upset about this waiting thing since many of you have been in line much longer than I have.
My complaint, or whining, has to do with the dealer. Big surprise. Someone complaining about a salesperson.
As you know, I pulled up to take the place of someone that bailed on their order. The order was placed on 8/31 and I took over around 10/23-ish.
The dealer tells me last night via phone that the car is 8-10 days out and on a truck. I asked for the Event code. The last known faxed info was 1100. Again, this was from back on 8/31.
How can the dealer know that it is on the truck and yet he can't tell me what the code is? Also, a local dealer near me tells me that the invoices come in well in advance of this time frame and smells something fishy. The local guy also tells me that if they had the invoice that they would likely want to contract this car ASAP.
If anyone has a way of tracking this car, the order number is JMHNSX.

I can wait if I feel that I am being dealt straight up with. I explained to this dude in Dallas (where the car is coming), that I am trying to time the sale of my current car with the arrival of the new one.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
tweety said:
Okay. I get the point that I shouldn't be upset about this waiting thing since many of you have been in line much longer than I have.
My complaint, or whining, has to do with the dealer. Big surprise. Someone complaining about a salesperson.
As you know, I pulled up to take the place of someone that bailed on their order. The order was placed on 8/31 and I took over around 10/23-ish.
The dealer tells me last night via phone that the car is 8-10 days out and on a truck. I asked for the Event code. The last known faxed info was 1100. Again, this was from back on 8/31.
How can the dealer know that it is on the truck and yet he can't tell me what the code is? Also, a local dealer near me tells me that the invoices come in well in advance of this time frame and smells something fishy. The local guy also tells me that if they had the invoice that they would likely want to contract this car ASAP.
If anyone has a way of tracking this car, the order number is JMHNSX.

I can wait if I feel that I am being dealt straight up with. I explained to this dude in Dallas (where the car is coming), that I am trying to time the sale of my current car with the arrival of the new one.
I feel your pain.... I ordered right after the whole apprentice thing ... Still no car. I also tried to time the sale of my car, so I sold it in April anticipating a May delivery (I just rode my motorcycle for a month). I had to buy another interim car while waiting for my solstice. Still waiting. I hope you are 8-10 days out. I'm hoping I get a car for Christmas.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
They are fixing the cars at the plant. It's not a bad thing that you don't have your car yet. It's annoying and frustrating, but it's not a bad thing. Once you get the car you will forget about all of this and it will be all worth it.

THIS CAR WAS WORTH ALL THE PAIN AND SUFFERING I WENT THROUGH. I had a lot more hassle getting my car even after it arrived at the dealership! Stay strong and some day SOON it will show up and you will take a sigh of relief when you finally get to drive it off the lot.

Trust me on this, it will be worth it!

Ask one of the dealers on this site to check your order for you if you are looking for the code. They are very nice, Knowledgeable and helpful.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really don't care if it takes time as long as I am told something. Jerking me around like a cat toy does little for my trust of the dealer.
(deep breath)

Nope. Don't feel better-yet.
My car will be gone this weekend. Doing all the paperwork for it this week.

·
Registered
108 Posts
tweety said:
I really don't care if it takes time as long as I am told something. Jerking me around like a cat toy does little for my trust of the dealer.
(deep breath)

Nope. Don't feel better-yet.
My car will be gone this weekend. Doing all the paperwork for it this week.
:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Was told i would have my car by end of September no later.
So in september I sold my wife car VW Cabroit.
Still no car and one pissed off wife (not good).
Will be lucky if i see it for christmas. Ordered in April

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
sham said:
Was told i would have my car by end of September no later.
Will be lucky if i see it for christmas. Ordered in April
shame on the dealer..but dont think they could have anticipated QC issues and holds..my dealer never told me a delivery date..other that I was in his first four month allocation...........ordered in May here..but still waiting as well..but at least know where my car is in the sequence of things...more or less...see below

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vent open.

This is the last email rebuttle that I got from the dealer.
Also at the end of his reply is the email that I had sent him.
If I am off base on this, please reply and tell me to shut up and be patient some more.
If left alone to think about something too long, I tend to get worked up and go off half c...ed!
As of today, and barring any unseen finance issues, my car is sold off. How long to sit without another one is left to be seen.

Sir:

With all do respect, I give the information as the VOM or the factory
provides it to us. I have nothing to hide. The factory has not turn any of
our cars back to the factory. Instead no one in Dallas has received any of
their vehicles yet.

This is a rather easy sale, we wait for a response daily from VOM and GM
Regional about all of the Solstice. As they give me the word I forward it to
you. Do we have proof that it will be here in 8-10 days? NO only word from
the Regional Manager.

I have been doing this for 25 years and we are at rthe mercy of the
Transportation Company, Factory and word as we receive it.

As I receive information I disburse it to ALL of my clients, not only for
the Solstice, but other vehicles that I have ordered.

Sincerely;

Stan

Subject: Solstice - Cronin
>Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 07:12:31 -0600
>
>Stan-
>
>Goodmorning.
>I have had some easy sales and some harder sales and I have to tell
>you, this one is not an easy one. Being a person that lives from
>information, even if it is nothing to report,
>I need something to hear.
>With that being said, I have this feeling in my gut that things aren't
>working out right and need you to fill in the gaps. My wife has been doing
>much of the legwork on my behalf while I am trying to complete the sale of
>my car as a private sale.
>The last thing that I had been told was that the invoice had not come in as
>of yet and we would not be able to contract the car until the invoice/VIN
>was available. I got that part. A little slow on my uptake but I got it.
>I am also to understand that the car is in transit. Great. Where?
>By where, I mean, I would like a print out of the latest known code. The
>VOM. What is being shown for the Current Event?
>What you had last faxed me from the "OrderWORKBENCH" was dated current as
>of
>8/31/05. The fax came to me on 10/23.
>I cannot be convinced that neither you nor GM are oblivious as to where the
>car is in the delivery process. My point that I am trying to get at is that
>I am trying to time the sale of my car with the arrival of the new car.
>Any crumbs that I can get while preparing for this event would help in my
>planning of the trip to Dallas. Telling me that it is 8-10 days out is
>something but the proof is in the Event code.
>Many of these cars have returned to sender to get a leak fixed. Maybe this
>car is one of them.
>Please advise.
>
>
>bob.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If that's the case then why can't he print out a report with today's date? Seems fishy to me ---- or he is just lazy and doesn't feel he needs to do this for you...

hmmmmm

·
Registered
76 Posts
Call Pontiac customer service 800-276-6842 (select options #4 then #3). They can help you even if all you have is the order #. You can also try the Solstice Hotline number 866-539-0256. This number was set up to handle the first 1000, but they were able to help with mine better than the Pontiac customer service.

BTW there are some weird things going on. Mine is still at event code 3800 (since first week Sept) but both the dealer and Pontiac Service show mine in transit (finally 11/2).

Vin 1294

·
Registered
819 Posts
I called the Solstice Hotline, but since my car is NOT an F1K, they gave me a Pontiac number, 800.762.2737 (Options 4 then3). The person I am on the line with is trying her best to find out what is going on with my car, using its VIN. She indicated that it might be easier for her to find with the VOMS, but she is using the VIN. :lurk: :sleep:

She has me on hold while she looks saying it could be 7 to 9 minutes for her to find anything. :yawn: I have to hope I get :thumbs:

She came back and gave my my VOMS number, that she is using for the search. :crazy:

She came back with :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: . The car has been shipped. She is calling the Sales Manager to let him know, since he needs to make the calls to see where in the process it is........ :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for the number

I called that 800.276.6842 (opt 3,2) and spoke with a nice lady named Ezmeralda, who was very helpful. She informed me that mine was placed on a truck and shipped out Nov. 8th (yesterday)

Does anyone have any idea how long it would take to arrive in Detroit, MI?

:) :) :)

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update

Called on the numbers given.
Started with the hotline. Was given the 800-762-2737 number.
A dude named Boris told me something very very bad. The order number that I gave him and he replied back (JMHNSX) is shown as not being built yet.
Mmmmookaaaaay. So why was I told that it is on a truck right now?
No clue, he said.
I told him about the paperwork that I was last faxed stating that the car was ordered back in August.
He just told me that according to his screen, the car order was accepted but not yet made.
So now what?
This IS bullcrap. Waiting is one thing. Being played by a dingbat sales guy is another, but being lied to really f-ing pisses me off!!!
Someone is a liar or something has slipped past the paperwork somewhere.
If I have to sit back until Spring of next year I may as well buy a Sky!

·
Registered
25 Posts
New England Sol sighting

My Solstice arrived this morning at my dealer Town & Country Pontiac ,Middletown ,CT. 11 Sols on truck , 6 Mysterious and 5 cool.
Dropped off my Mysterious and 1 cool. Truck headed North on I 91 in Connecticut.Should have some anxious happySolstice owners in connecticut or New England very shortly. Good luck to all who are waitng for
" The Call "

VIN# 2541 to be delivered at 1:00 friday afternoon.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
OK, Tweety, per our phone conversation last night, this is what you should do:

Call the dealership tomorrow, ask the operator for the name of the person in charge of tracking inventory, the inventory guy, or whatever they call him. After you've got his name written down, then ask to speak to him. Ask him to please print out the Vehicle Order Event History for your VON xxxxxx and fax it to you right away. Thank you very much.

It takes him about 60 seconds, it's not a bother at all, I watched the inventory guy at Champion do it 4 or 5 times, it was usually HIS idea!

Good luck, and report back to us.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
sham said:
Remember these words and live by them:

Happy Wife, Happy Life. :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Ed McManus said:
My Solstice arrived this morning at my dealer Town & Country Pontiac ,Middletown ,CT. 11 Sols on truck , 6 Mysterious and 5 cool.
Dropped off my Mysterious and 1 cool. Truck headed North on I 91 in Connecticut.Should have some anxious happySolstice owners in connecticut or New England very shortly. Good luck to all who are waitng for
" The Call "

VIN# 2541 to be delivered at 1:00 friday afternoon.
I hope Sol in CT car is on the truck. He ordered from a dealer in Milford.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
crawdadsolstice said:
I called the Solstice Hotline, but since my car is NOT an F1K, they gave me a Pontiac number, 800.762.2737 (Options 4 then3). The person I am on the line with is trying her best to find out what is going on with my car, using its VIN. She indicated that it might be easier for her to find with the VOMS, but she is using the VIN. :lurk: :sleep:

She has me on hold while she looks saying it could be 7 to 9 minutes for her to find anything. :yawn: I have to hope I get :thumbs:

She came back and gave my my VOMS number, that she is using for the search. :crazy:

She came back with :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: . The car has been shipped. She is calling the Sales Manager to let him know, since he needs to make the calls to see where in the process it is........ :willy: :willy:
A few days before I got my car a pontiac customer service person told me my car was leaving that day to go to Lordstown, then it will be trucked to my dealer. I told them I wasn't born yesterday, and that car car is being trucked to CT. directly, that it takes 6 hours also that the trucking company already has it in their system waiting for it to come off hold, I got the car 3 days after. The point is the system for tracking a Solstice is completely messed up. It's not like tracking other cars where they give them a tracking number after it's made. And when the car shows 4200, shipped, it usually isn't shipped at all. Just be patient, you will get your car and it's worth the wait. (Even though I would never buy a new launched car again)

·
Registered
511 Posts
deluke said:
A few days before I got my car a pontiac customer service person told me my car was leaving that day to go to Lordstown, then it will be trucked to my dealer. I told them I wasn't born yesterday, and that car car is being trucked to CT. directly, that it takes 6 hours also that the trucking company already has it in their system waiting for it to come off hold, I got the car 3 days after. The point is the system for tracking a Solstice is completely messed up. It's not like tracking other cars where they give them a tracking number after it's made. And when the car shows 4200, shipped, it usually isn't shipped at all. Just be patient, you will get your car and it's worth the wait. (Even though I would never buy a new launched car again)
:agree: :agree:
The system Didn,t even show me in it
Said car was in Wilmington ,Dealer calls and says my car is in his lot.
You never no.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts