Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cuss: Here's a question which maybe a bit off this thread, but I haven't posted for a long while, as I have been in the UK.
I was a car salesman at a Pontiac dealership, until late August, when I resigned and went back into retirement. I had worked there for 6 months, and left on good terms. I ordered my Solstice on 24/4/05, it was finally preferenced whilst I was away. I went into the dealership today for an e-test on one of my Jags, and the dealer principal approached me and told me, (notice I didn't say ASKED), that my Solstice was due to be built week of 24/10/05, and that he was going to keep my car, and DEMO it to the public, until the next car they had on order arrived, and if I didn't like it, then I didn't have to take the car!!!!
Needless to say, I was flabbergasted at this, it felt like a gun was being put to my head! I went to see the New car manager,(dealer principal's son), and explained my outrage at this tactic by the dealer principal. The new car manager told me that as they had agreed to sell me the car back in April, WITHOUT ANY OVER INVOICE PRICING, he didn't think that I was in too bad a position! I pointed out that build date of 24/10 would probably mean delivery to dealership of mid November, and were they seriously thinking that I would cheerfully wait for them to demo the car to all and sundry in WINTER conditions, for God only knows how many kilometres, BEFORE they get their next car, and be happy to do so?
I called GM as soon as I got home and reported this high-handed attitude from this dealership. The lady at GM said that they don't get involved in the retail sales process between dealer and retail customer!!!!! IS THERE ANY WONDER THAT GM ARE GOING DOWN THE PAN?????
With the Solstice, Bob Lutz has brought the 'excitement' back to the Pontiac brand, however, unless he does something about the dealerships that are trying these tactics on with the end users, then the goodwill this car has generated will all be dissipated before the recovery of GM can begin.
I am waiting for a reply/response from the lady at GM, who was trying to reach the dealership in question, to hear their side of this.

Does anybody else out there have any similar experiences?????

Has anybody been 'gouged' on the list price of their car????

Please reply to this thread.
:cuss:

·
Registered
905 Posts
That sucks man! Looks like either way you'd be waiting for your car so I'd just look elsewhere and know that you'd get a brand new car, not some demo car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Invoice Pricing ??

Let me see if I understand this. Your getting the car for Invoice price and your whining about the dealer wanting to use it as a show car. Invoice and MSRP aren't the same your gettin a helluva deal. Your could always offer the dealer MSPR and immediate delivery if its worth that much to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
z3404 said:
Let me see if I understand this. Your getting the car for Invoice price and your whining about the dealer wanting to use it as a show car. Invoice and MSRP aren't the same your gettin a helluva deal. Your could always offer the dealer MSPR and immediate delivery if its worth that much to you.

My mistake, I am paying MSRP, no discounts, my price is $31160.00 plus 15% taxes. The dealer has not offered any incentive to me, to allow him to run my car as a demo for however long it takes for him to get his second car, nor any discount for any mileage he puts on the car. Which if you think about it, if the car was an official demo for the dealership, then I would get some kind of discount of list no?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Polyphemus said:
My mistake, I am paying MSRP, no discounts, my price is $31160.00 plus 15% taxes. The dealer has not offered any incentive to me, to allow him to run my car as a demo for however long it takes for him to get his second car, nor any discount for any mileage he puts on the car. Which if you think about it, if the car was an official demo for the dealership, then I would get some kind of discount of list no?
YES!!!!! I don't know how these guys can get away with this crap.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Not sure if this is legal - but I know it ain't right!

More dealer scum! Do you have a signed sales agreement? Does it reference your car specifically (VOM#)? If so, I might want to talk to (whatever the Canadian equivalent of) the Attorney General's (consumer affairs) office.

I am really sick of GM's position that they 'can't get involved' with sales transactions. That is a flat-out lie. They may not like to do it, but as their licensed representatives, GM is obligated to make sure the dealerships act in GM's best interest - or give them the boot.

Any thing that is cut and dry, GM will be all over the dealer like stink on sh*t - but something that gets a little messy, they want no part of.

What's really crappy is if the dealer had been halfway decent, you probably could have worked a deal that would satisfy both of you (being a former employee & given that winter is nearly upon us).

Since my car is likely to come shortly before Christmas - I'd be willing to work a deal for my car to log some fairly substantial hours in the warm & dry confines of the dealer showroom - but not if he was a prick about it.

Not too sure about the rules in Canada, but I imagine it is pretty similar - down here, he couldn't sell that car as new if they put more than 300 miles on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts