Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this offered to them.

My dealer left me a message this weekend saying he could get me into my car sooner if I was willing to change my order a bit. I called him back and he sayed that they were getting a SOL in that was not a special order. Basically cloth seats, no steering controls, etc. and he was calling all of the 1st allocation people to offer it to them. Believe me I was tempted. I still am tempted. It probably means I would get mine about the same time as the first 1000. I told him that I would consider it if I weren't planning on using it as my primary vehicle (which has to be fully loaded). So I passed. I figure I've waited this long.

I know my dealer reads this forum too, so I'll say this. Thanks for looking out Rick. :thumbs: I appreciate the honesty in telling me the missing options. But I'm a premium package kind of guy.

·
Registered
383 Posts
SOL id said:
I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this offered to them.

My dealer left me a message this weekend saying he could get me into my car sooner if I was willing to change my order a bit. I called him back and he sayed that they were getting a SOL in that was not a special order. Basically cloth seats, no steering controls, etc. and he was calling all of the 1st allocation people to offer it to them. Believe me I was tempted. I still am tempted. It probably means I would get mine about the same time as the first 1000. I told him that I would consider it if I weren't planning on using it as my primary vehicle (which has to be fully loaded). So I passed. I figure I've waited this long.

I know my dealer reads this forum too, so I'll say this. Thanks for looking out Rick. :thumbs: I appreciate the honesty in telling me the missing options. But I'm a premium package kind of guy.
I ordered mine from Florida...and wouldnt mind a change..where in Florida?????My salesperson is on vacation...I would hate to miss one because he isnt there.

·
Registered
383 Posts
PS...what color is it???

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
But what is his definition of sooner?. Remember that the 1st 1000's may still be shipping as late as September for delivery to owners by October.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Dealer did a spec order. Ordered the car to get it through maybe when those leather constraints cropped up.

If someone didn't want loaded car they'd move up big time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
- I live in Destin but the dealer is in Pensacola

- I never got as far as color once I knew the options.

- I also never got as far as when it would be in. I just know it would be before mine.

I could pass names to my dealer of you guys who might be interested. But I have a feeling someone already took the offer. I know it killed me not to.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Really weird that the dealer would order a stripped down car. Did any of these people have any idea how popular this car would be?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Editguy said:
Did any of these people have any idea how popular this car would be?
Apparently not :willy:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Inventory car

I believe this is a case where the dealer got an allocation but there was a leather constraint. All of his orders for first 4 month allocation probably had ordered leather. I believe the fair thing to do would have been to contact others in order and see if they would accept the cloth. The Premium package would be the only option that they would have to change. Sounds like this dealer ordered for inventory. I believe this will make the next orders in line be from 1-3 months later in getting their cars depending on dealers total allocation.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Keith said:
I believe this is a case where the dealer got an allocation but there was a leather constraint. All of his orders for first 4 month allocation probably had ordered leather. I believe the fair thing to do would have been to contact others in order and see if they would accept the cloth. The Premium package would be the only option that they would have to change. Sounds like this dealer ordered for inventory. I believe this will make the next orders in line be from 1-3 months later in getting their cars depending on dealers total allocation.

You people are looking at the only way you will get a car any sooner.... the computer screen. Start bidding on ebay, and you could get one this week...

Just pickin on everybody. sorry, It's been a long night...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I can't imagine waiting six months for the perfect car and then getting a stripped down one just to get it a few weeks (months?) earlier. You made the right decision. But it was nice of your dealer to offer it (Hmmm, How'd he get this car before the ones that customers ordered?).

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Once coded 3000, no changes

Once the car has been accepted by production [VOM status code 3000], the order is frozen. To change it, you would indeed have to cancel and re-order. This would mean moving to the back of the line.

I squeaked in under the wire with adding floor mats to mine (They weren't available via autobook on 2005-04-15). One or two days later, mine hit 3000. Whew! :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts