Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer called my yesterday to inform me that my order has been "Picked Up". I specifically asked if he was sure the order was "Picked Up", he said yes, that is was picked up yesterday.

Not sure if this is a sign that production is near or that at least preparation is progressing.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Bandit1978 said:
My dealer called my yesterday to inform me that my order has been "Picked Up". I specifically asked if he was sure the order was "Picked Up", he said yes, that is was picked up yesterday.

Not sure if this is a sign that production is near or that at least preparation is progressing.

That's great news! Was your order an EOP order?

Based on that was he able to give you any other information?

·
Registered
141 Posts
If order is "Picked Up" shouldn't there be a scheduled delivery date??

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It doesn't mean it is scheduled to be built or that there should be a delivery date. However, it is probably a good sign.

They are most likely just making sure they are set to produce production cars once they have all the problems fixed. Pulling the orders is probably the next step in this process. It doesn't necessarily mean production is going to start today or tomorrow, but it does mean the process is progressing. :thumbs:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hopefully I'll get a call today, my dealer is usually on the ball with stuff.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my order

Ordered car on 4/19 after not making the First 1000, #1 order for dealer with allotment of 2 for the first 4 months

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Kinda shocked to see post EOP orders getting picked up already. Should call my dealer and see what they say since I'm 'supposedly' #1 on their allotment of 15 cars. Any EOP people out there know if thier orders have been picked up too?

I agree with Fformula88, I don't think this signifies production though. Probably GM just getting ready before hand to make sure everythign is ok. Possibly also to order cars being built based on options and such.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If being picked up means you can no longer make any changes to your order then yes. My EOP car order was changed so I can no longer make any more changes as of 5/20.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Delnari said:
If being picked up means you can no longer make any changes to your order then yes. My EOP car order was changed so I can no longer make any more changes as of 5/20.
It was probably picked up then I'm guessing. It's a damn good thing I called my dealer early this week and made the last change to my order I wanted. I had procrastinated for like 3 weeks thinking I had plenty of time to make the change.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I don't understand why the first 1000 cars are not picked up if they are going to be the first produced and regular order cars are being picked up. I don't understand but I do trust their word that the first 1000 promotion cars will be made first.

·
Registered
251 Posts
WHOOP...WHOOP...WHOOP... :willy: :willy:

I was all excited today to hear from my dealer (he called me),...then I got on the forum and find its yesterdays news...

He said what what you already know that my order along with all other orders in the dealership, have been "accepted by the factory"...he explains it's called a code "3000"...codes start at 1100 and go up to 6000. In converstion with other dealers in the area...their orders were upgraded last night as also. He suspects ALL "1st 1000" orders were "upgraded" systemwide last night as well. :cool:

So we talked a bit...the heart of the conversation was delivery dates...he stated that had this been a regular order, for a car already in full production, that he would expect delivery in 30 days....HOWEVER, this is NOT such a full production situation, and long story short, DON'T expect delivery in July...August is a longshot...September is a good bet...October should be almost a gaurantee...

HEY...We need a pole...just for fun...guess the first shipment date of a "1st 1000" Solstice... :yesnod:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Orders were picked up, still no production weeks yet. I made a call to the zone manager and he's going to see if there is any other production news.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts