Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight well im readin the forums and i c people that have waited years to get this car. I ordered mine on Oct 17 and my dealer promised to get it to me before christmas. Was that a lie to get me to buy the car or is the line for the solstice getting shorter????

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
If you "ordered" what the dealer already had coming, that might be possible.

But if he really took your order and places it "from scratch", not possible for this Christmas.

I just cancelled my order yesterday, well technically tomorrow since the system isn't availabe on the weekend. Ordered April 30th, six months later no sign of it being built any time soon, so bye bye from me.

I would start checking with dealers, they are bound to see a lot more orders cancelled. You will probably be able to find what you want, with someone else doing most of the waiting. :thumbs:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No he ordered it from scratch. I even called him yesterday 2 c the progress and he assured me that ill get it by christmas damit that prick better not have lied

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
btw did u lose the deposit when u cancelled it?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Vague Promises

Not to defend, because it is possible they are attempting to be less than truthful about the timeframes, the dealership.

Dark Side
It is possible that the salesman/manager/invetory manager simply have no idea on the true time frames. If they order a normal car (Grand Prix, G6, Torrent) then the time frames are very realistic. However from our experience, which might be a bit jaded at this point, it is not likely that the vehicle will be ready by then.

Bright Side
I am gerenally an optimist by nature, your salesman may be too. They have recently increased their staff by 33%. The factory will be making more cars faster. The main delay now was becasue of a problem that they supposedly have corrected. So that being said the cars should be coming much faster once the bottleneck is remedied.

<wait for it>

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill wait for it no way im cancelling but i will be super pissed if i got to wait like 6months cuz well for one everyone expects me 2 get it round that time and noone understands that they have 2 build it cuz their used to the other cars which u buy and receive the next day

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
I just cancelled my order yesterday,
I'm so sorry to hear that, Forty. You've been a faithful member of the Forum and you certainly deserved to have your Solstice before the Canadian winter. Good luck with whatever you do. :grouphug: from all of us.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dealernut said:
Not to defend, because it is possible they are attempting to be less than truthful about the timeframes, the dealership.

Dark Side
It is possible that the salesman/manager/invetory manager simply have no idea on the true time frames. If they order a normal car (Grand Prix, G6, Torrent) then the time frames are very realistic. However from our experience, which might be a bit jaded at this point, it is not likely that the vehicle will be ready by then.

Bright Side
I am gerenally an optimist by nature, your salesman may be too. They have recently increased their staff by 33%. The factory will be making more cars faster. The main delay now was becasue of a problem that they supposedly have corrected. So that being said the cars should be coming much faster once the bottleneck is remedied.

<wait for it>
The only thing dealernut they are only making max 7,000 this year and have orders for 15,000/18,000 so I realy don't think the dealer relizes this is not the normal car, and takes much longer. Personally I don't think you'll have it for christmas, but I think you should have it by next May/June. Buts that's my opinion.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn well i guess i got to look at bright side, Ill definatly have it for summer

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it possible that some places get more solstices than others? cuz i live in toronto canada and every pontiac dealer i go to has a couple of solstices up on display. Maybe that means hes not lieing? :cheers:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Min0r said:
Is it possible that some places get more solstices than others? cuz i live in toronto canada and every pontiac dealer i go to has a couple of solstices up on display. Maybe that means hes not lieing? :cheers:
I heard that Canada is only getting 1000 this year. They have canceled orders that were taken back in May,now i relize your from Canada I think is a no.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Min0r said:
Do us all a favor, MinOr, and write down the VINs you see on these cars. If they are in the range of 100001 to 100700, they are pre-production models owned by GM and not necessarily for sale. I believe the VINs from 100701 to maybe 101000 were reserved for Canadians, and then the next bunch for the Zero Zip Code bunch who got ripped off on the Early Order fiasco, and then the rest are whatever. Could be wrong, I'm not sure.

But please check the VINs and report back to us. Thanks! :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Man!......Not only do prescription drugs cost less in Canada, but they've got solstices in the showrooms!

Maybe it's time to defect :lol:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Marco said:
Man!......Not only do prescription drugs cost less in Canada, but they've got solstices in the showrooms!

Maybe it's time to defect :lol:
That was popular in the 1960s and early 1970s, maybe it's time again! :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LoL w00t Canada for the drugs uh i mean solstice

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Dealers, Lie?.......Nah........

Min0r said:
Aight well im readin the forums and i c people that have waited years to get this car. I ordered mine on Oct 17 and my dealer promised to get it to me before christmas. Was that a lie to get me to buy the car or is the line for the solstice getting shorter????
Dealers don't lie....... :lol:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I pray ur right ntouched :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Min0r said:
I ordered in April. My car was build somtime last week. I'm not holding my breath for Christmas, but my dealer doesn't have one on the showroom either. I'm pretty sure you won't have the best top down weather for a while in Canada -eh? Check around and see if you can find one that has fallen though or check E-bay if its a GOTTA HAVE NOW! Good luck. ;)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Fortyninenorth is from canada and ordered back in may, they canceled his delivery for this year and told him he might not get it untill June of 06. They did this with a few people.6

1 - 20 of 44 Posts