Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you ask the dealer for anything to showcase your Solstice in their showroom (in a roped off area) for several weeks after delivery? ie., free dealer installation on Cat-back?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I actually considered it - I may not be able to get the car on the day that it arrives (due to work travel). If the car is clearly marked sold and the dealer is responsible for any and all damage, I would consider a parts/service/dealer fee credit. (I also know that my salesman reads this forum - he has been great helping me - I emailed him first in April 04). Do I like the idea of someone else touching it before me? No - but as soon as it is on the road... My wife was hit in the parking lot in her car a few months back - the over-obsession with her car is gone - the paint shop couldn't fix it to the way it was. I sold it and got her something new.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Xfire....that's my sentiment as well. First time it's parked in a public lot someone will ding or scratch it. You'll note I said roped all....that means no sitting in or touching it. I saw a Viper in a dealer showroom and it looked great. Besides...I travel alot for work and the car could end up sitting at the dealer lot outside for anywhere from a week to a month.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm leaving mine on the showroom floor for 2-6 weeks. My dealer gave me everything he has gotten on the solstice so far. We worked out this early last year. He's a friend and I'll have insurance on it. Mine will get dinged, scratched and chipped anyway. I try to fix these problems every year now on my vehicles.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
My dealer has been fantastic with me. I won't leave my Sol, but I'll bring it in anytime he needs to show it to a potential customer. Just nobody drives it except me and the salesperson! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
No way, my dealer said that on special cars like these that they don't even gas or wash them, that they only put the front plate on. I would rather give my new baby a bath, but I could use the free gas :) we will see. I asked about the showroom, incase I can't pick it up the first day, but he said that they wouldn't want anything to happen to it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
general said:
Would you ask the dealer for anything to showcase your Solstice in their showroom (in a roped off area) for several weeks after delivery? ie., free dealer installation on Cat-back?
While I haven't talked to the dealer yet, I think that since I work only 2 blocks from the showroom, that if I have a car to get me to work and back to the dealer - I might, but yes, it would cost something, like - keeping it clean (that would be a bonus for me - lots of construction here), and perhaps more, but I'm not sure. Then have been great to me, and I don't mind being thier advertising. I guess you have planted a seed...

·
Registered
504 Posts
By the time I get it I will have not much tire on the road time.I live in western NY,snow comes early stays late,but I will let him take a picture of me and my car for thier showroom.I don't want anyone touching and feeling up my machine!!! :nono: :cool:

·
Registered
753 Posts
i'm keeping that in my pocket as a bargaining chip. months ago i got a verbal agreement for $500 over invoice and i may need to sweeten the pot to hold them to their price. it would be a coup for the dealer because i doubt many would be willing to delay picking up their solstice after waiting so long fror it....they could be the only dealer in the area with one in their showroom.

related question- how long will it take for the 1st 1000 to be built and regular allocations to go into production ... do we divide 20,000 units by 12 months?

·
Registered
670 Posts
down the road!

The car won't be at the dealership long enough for anyboby to see it so I am planning on taking a picture of the car with my wife and the sales manager who got us in. I will have it blown up so he can display it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts