Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
enderokc said:
Has anybody been able to rip a copy of the dvd yet?? if so please post it!!! :)
I ripped it, it's just that it's 187 mb, too much to upload w/o ticking off my IT mgr. Fin. Mgr is going to burn it tomorrow, wil have copy Fri am. I'll send ONE copy to ONE person, with the promise that you will host it. I don't have the space, or capapbility. IT Mgr will fry me. If I do send it to you and you don't make it accesible by some public means, we will spam you into nonexistance.

Steve

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there anyway you could get the file down to around 100mb?? if so I might be able to host it. and you wouldnt even need to mail me the cd I would just give you a link to my site to upload it, but it seems that anything over 100mb the server times out while uploading it

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Better bet is just to pop in to your dealer and watch it. It didn't take very long today, AND I came home with a poster.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I know, I just dont want to go to the dealer since I am not going buy in until next summer until I see the sky. I still havent made up my mind on which one yet :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
conejo148 said:
I ripped it, it's just that it's 187 mb, too much to upload w/o ticking off my IT mgr. Fin. Mgr is going to burn it tomorrow, wil have copy Fri am. I'll send ONE copy to ONE person, with the promise that you will host it. I don't have the space, or capapbility. IT Mgr will fry me. If I do send it to you and you don't make it accesible by some public means, we will spam you into nonexistance.

Steve

Steve, is there anyway you could cut the movie into 2 parts??

·
Registered
338 Posts
enderokc said:
Steve, is there anyway you could cut the movie into 2 parts??
It's saved as a single file, but you can skip thru four segments. I just used an Apollo ripper from shareware, and it copied it I don't know if RealPlayer or another program would let me break it down. Don't do a whole lot w/ video, so ANYBODY w/ a better idea than me is more than welcome to jump up. It just needs to be quick b/c I need to download the software, cut it up, and upload w/in a soan of 45-60 minutes. Our IT mgr. gets real edgy about tying up bandwidth. We can't even stream music anymore.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
conejo148 said:
It's saved as a single file, but you can skip thru four segments. I just used an Apollo ripper from shareware, and it copied it I don't know if RealPlayer or another program would let me break it down. Don't do a whole lot w/ video, so ANYBODY w/ a better idea than me is more than welcome to jump up. It just needs to be quick b/c I need to download the software, cut it up, and upload w/in a soan of 45-60 minutes. Our IT mgr. gets real edgy about tying up bandwidth. We can't even stream music anymore.
If you let me be the only one to DL a copy, I will then use my bandwidth to serve to the forum.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
You might want to try http://www.yousendit.com ... it allows you to upload a file to their servers (up to 1 Gb) and then e-mails a link where somebody could download the file. Then just copy the link here ... it expires after 7 days, but it could always be reposted later.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If you did that a couple of us could get it and host it too as to not overload any one webserver.

·
Registered
338 Posts
pwr66569 said:
You might want to try http://www.yousendit.com ... it allows you to upload a file to their servers (up to 1 Gb) and then e-mails a link where somebody could download the file. Then just copy the link here ... it expires after 7 days, but it could always be reposted later.
OK, I'll check that out tonite.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I tryed real player, media player and neither would open the DVD. Only could get to play on a reguler DVD player. But then, there are five year olds out their more computer literate than am I! :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
PAS22 said:
I tryed real player, media player and neither would open the DVD. Only could get to play on a reguler DVD player. But then, there are five year olds out their more computer literate than am I! :)
No doubt. I spend most of my day searching for expired rebates on gmdealerworld for employees, taking pics for sold units for our internet site, and screening phone calls for the GM. Occasionally I get a customer to walk in, and, oh yeah, answering questions for all of these folks looking for this littel convertible thing that I know absolutely nothing about. Why would anybody want a convertible, especially a domestic one? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
conejo148 said:
No doubt. I spend most of my day searching for expired rebates on gmdealerworld for employees, taking pics for sold units for our internet site, and screening phone calls for the GM. Occasionally I get a customer to walk in, and, oh yeah, answering questions for all of these folks looking for this littel convertible thing that I know absolutely nothing about. Why would anybody want a convertible, especially a domestic one? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I personally don't know how you guys survive on GM's soft ware. My dealer had to surf through a dozen sites to take by order info the other day. There has got to be an easier way!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
PAS22 said:
Prolly has anti-pirating code required to play. Had that experience recently with something (won't say what) that would not play on a standalone DVD player, or on my laptop::::Until I downloaded Microsoft MediaPlayer 10. Then evrythin ok

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Was able to View the DVD today at home on a 51" widescreen. When I took the DVD back to my Dealer, I told them that at that size on the big screen, all I wanted to do was climb into it and drive it away.

Did anyone notice the tan rear cockpit surround in one of the sequences?

Steve

:thumbs:

·
Registered
338 Posts
pwr66569 said:
Any luck uploading a copy somewhere?
Got it copied, just don't have time to upload today, parts computer is tied up. We have a "Slasher Sale" going on. Have desked 6 deals today....wow....tired...need..... :cheers:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts