Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Solstice in Seattle

According to a local Dealer, Pontiac is having a 8 hour training course for Dealers of Washington Aug 9th and 10th. The event is at Qwest field/ Exhibition Hall. Each sales person will attend 1 day of the event. If anyone sees a Solstice in the area please reply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all,

Long time lurker here. *S* I believe the Dealer Test ride set of Soltices are here in Seattle. I was near Safeco Stadium about 30 minutes ago and about 7 Soltices pass by going downtown. All colors, red, black, green. All very sharp, but the had the tops up. Now I know this is Seattle, but it is a fanatastic day out. I wonder why no tops down. Ahh well. Looking forward to ordering mine the end of next year!!! I wish I had a cam for some pics for you all.

CJ

·
Registered
212 Posts
TAF_CJN said:
Hello all,

Long time lurker here. *S* I believe the Dealer Test ride set of Soltices are here in Seattle. I was near Safeco Stadium about 30 minutes ago and about 7 Soltices pass by going downtown. All colors, red, black, green. All very sharp, but the had the tops up. Now I know this is Seattle, but it is a fanatastic day out. I wonder why no tops down. Ahh well. Looking forward to ordering mine the end of next year!!! I wish I had a cam for some pics for you all.

CJ
Maybe the tops were up just out of habit. I know down here in LA 20% of the cars are convertibles and 90% of those have the tops up, even when it is nice and sunny. My car only has the top up if it's raining or below 60 degrees.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just saw them

I was on 1st Ave about 1/2 an hour ago and saw all the Soltices driving towards Qwest field. I just posted a thread about it.

It was great seeing about 7 of them all in a row, multi colors. Almost chased them down the street on foot!! *LOL*

CJ

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I've merged the 2 threads on Seattle.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Solstice autocross... film at eleven.

Hey this is kinda fun. Pontiac folks have a gaggle of Solsitces and some SUV thing set up with a little auto-x course in the parking lot right outside my office window. Must be some press introduction event or something. Even have a silver NB for comparison, I suppose. Hmmm lets compare our new car to Mazda's outgoing design... Oh well. All different colors of Solstice out there.. white, black, red, silver, grey, etc. Nice looking thing.

Should be fun to watch them go through the course.
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=146164

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks LB. I've been a lurker over there for long time but with you bouncing back and forth I catch all the MF action here :thumbs: Some day I'll have to post over there and say Hi to the Mazda crew :seeya:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Come on over we don't bite... well most of us don't. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am a dealer in Kirkland and was at the ride and drive event today. The Solstice is a incredible car. We drove it on a street drive and on a closed sourse at quest field. As well as the Honda s2000 and the Miata. Hands down the vehicle is a winner!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
sherrellj said:
I am a dealer in Kirkland and was at the ride and drive event today. The Solstice is a incredible car. We drove it on a street drive and on a closed sourse at quest field. As well as the Honda s2000 and the Miata. Hands down the vehicle is a winner!!!!!!
give us the details..look feel cornering..seating...heel and toe shifting braking...comparisons to the other two...ergonomics, styling, thoughts...we want more!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
PAO said:
give us the details..look feel cornering..seating...heel and toe shifting braking...comparisons to the other two...ergonomics, styling, thoughts...we want more!!!!!!!!
The drive was incredible. Ergonomics were great the fit in the drivers seat is very good. I didn't have any problems with the foot space or sitting in the seat. When you put your arm down is that it rests right on the shifter very nice ergonomics. Good ride and handling. Very peppy and gets up and goes. A simple supercharger or turbocharger would make it into a pure rocket. I did like all the colors I wasn't sure after looking at paint chips and computer renderings how I would like the colors but I loved them all. The operation of the top was incredibly easy!!! and I mean easy as to where a child could do it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes Finally I was able to see a actual car :cheers: All lined up every available color. Definitely non production vehicles by still very nice. I'm envious of myself.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow! I got to see them all for real finally! They are amazing and everything I hoped they would be. Unfortunately it makes the wait all that much more difficult to endure.

Seeing them all in person really reasured me in the choices I had made in color and options. I ordered Deep and was really worried it was going to be too dark and not look good. Now that I have seen them in person I don't think I could have made a better choice.

The only color that didnt look very good to me was the gray. It was pretty dull and just didnt do the car justice like the others.

My order includes the leather package (premium or whatever) but I looked closely at the cloth just incase the leather shortage rears its ugly head when my order comes up. The cloth looked really nice but the steering wheel looked pretty poor without the leather and second set of buttons. Pretty much the same as others have said.

I dont know if I'm just not as much of a stickler as others but the tops looked amazing to me. Really its the only convertable top that I would say looks really nice when its up and not hidden away. :)

I wanted to get in one so bad. I am sure I looked comical standing there drooling as I circled them for the 30th time. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts