Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been somewhat patiently waiting for dealer return response to my emails/calls. It was verbally stated that I was #8 of 15. The first seven having been picked up by gm. Now, I am just told that I am number 14 of 20, with 11 having been picked up. I think I feel screwed. I am not speaking highly of this gm ordering setup. It stinks. And take note gm. People do spread the word on the street.

·
Registered
535 Posts
tls3028 said:
I have been somewhat patiently waiting for dealer return response to my emails/calls. It was verbally stated that I was #8 of 15. The first seven having been picked up by gm. Now, I am just told that I am number 14 of 20, with 11 having been picked up. I think I feel screwed. I am not speaking highly of this gm ordering setup. It stinks. And take note gm. People do spread the word on the street.

Sounds like your dealer is screwing you not GM>

·
5,641 Posts
tls3028 said:
It was verbally stated that I was #8 of 15. The first seven having been picked up by gm. Now, I am just told that I am number 14 of 20, with 11 having been picked up. I think I feel screwed. I am not speaking highly of this gm ordering setup. It stinks. And take note gm. People do spread the word on the street.
If the dealership misinforms you about your status and possibly evens drops you down their priority list (since you offer no infomation about possible constraint issues), how does that reflect on GM's choice of allocation systems and procedures?

Bonzo Audit Scorecard
Defend Dealership: No Accuse Dealership: Yes
Defend GM: No Accuse GM: No
Provide Infomation Only: N/A
Answer Question Only: N/A
General Conversation: N/A

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
tls3028 said:
Sounds like you have a normal allocation order with your dealer, and that they are the one that bumped you down in the order. It is not GM's fault that your dealer is bumping you down behind other customers.

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Bonzo Audit Scorecard
:glol: :glol: :glol:

Nice!

--Chemist

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Hang in there, it does sound as if your dealer has arbitrarily bumped you to a higher position on his list. GM really has no bearing or control over what decision a dealer will make as far as which car he'll choose to enter first.

When I placed my order, I was told I was #12 on the list. Then I was moved to #4. My car doesn't have a target production date and I figure I'll see it around December. Got to take a chill pill. Some dealers are obviously not the caliber of Small Dealer or Cadillacricket.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I concur solli4me

I emailed the gm at the dealer I am working with. I advised of the # slippage and he gave me a third set of numbers. Now I am supposedly 11 of 24. October the target for gm pickup. Deliv jan march. This is not a euphoric process. It is largely negative. Sad.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Bonzo Audit Scorecard
Have to agree with the Chemist on this one. :glol: :glol: :glol:

Hey, your 0, 1, 0 & 0. Keep up the good work!!! :lol:

And see, I knew you could see through the haze! :yesnod:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.