Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to visit a local Pontiac dealer tomorrow as my wife is looking to buy the G6 sedan. I want to get on the pre-order list for the turbo model. Is that possible? Has anyone accomplished that? I was sort of caught off guard that Pontiac can offer a G6 GTP with 240 HP 3.9L matted with a 6 speed trans and no comparable offering for the Solistice??? All the rage is the performance driven 250 HP Solistice potential offering down the road...I am looking to at the very least capture a spot on the waiting list...anyone know of a link for which you can sign up???

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Good luck. As far as the dealers are concerned, the turbo does not exist yet. The closest I have gotten is a dealer that said "a more powerful car is due in the future, but it will probably be a while." In other words, they don't really know anything.

At best, try to convince them to start a list "just in case" Pontiac announces a higher power car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'Makes good sense...if anything they (dealer) will downplay any release of a step-up car likely pointing out that the cost would be way up there...the 2004 GTO's were giveaways once the public became aware of the LSII offering...good idea about the "list" ... this allows for a gracefull escape by the dealer and perhaps at least gets me a contact person to whom I can "guarentee" a sale to down the road when the car becomes a reality...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts