Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 1st dealer I placed an order w/ 7 weeks ago won't give me any status/or status code on my order. Now, last week he returned all deposits to all 3 of us who had orders w/ him and left our orders in place (he says).

I am calling him again today to get my order # from him. Can anyone tell me if I can get info on status some where else. I have placed an order with another dealer as a safety net (they told me Mid -Feb possible delv)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
MomsSol said:
The 1st dealer I placed an order w/ 7 weeks ago won't give me any status/or status code on my order. Now, last week he returned all deposits to all 3 of us who had orders w/ him and left our orders in place (he says).

I am calling him again today to get my order # from him. Can anyone tell me if I can get info on status some where else. I have placed an order with another dealer as a safety net (they told me Mid -Feb possible delv)
Can only get VOM from the dealer

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I was hoping maybe if I had an order # I could call GM and find out something. Guess I'll wait with dealer #2 - who has already told me he will call me Tues. with my first status update.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
You might have to do some sweet talking to get the VOM order number out of him. Tell him you have "friends" would want to check on the status of your car so you don't have to bother him ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Another SW PA'er here as well. Waiting for delivery of 2737. Hopefully won't be too much longer, unless my sol keeps failing its physical. Are there any PA events or meets going on? I checked on the NE forum but did not see anything.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I would ask to talk to the SALES MANAGER. Ask him whats going on ? Why your deposit was refunded ? Is the car still on oprder ? What is the VOM number ? Tell him you want a print out of VOM report. If he won't give you any answers go to his boss. Keep going till you get to the top man. You really have to be very assertive with these people but be nice. Tell them in a nice way that is what they get paid for. But I would go to the owner if I had to.Then keep both orders in and get the one that comes in first. But your first dealership seems to me to be up to some hanky panky .

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deluke said:
I would ask to talk to the SALES MANAGER. Ask him whats going on ? Why your deposit was refunded ? Is the car still on oprder ? What is the VOM number ? Tell him you want a print out of VOM report. If he won't give you any answers go to his boss. Keep going till you get to the top man. You really have to be very assertive with these people but be nice. Tell them in a nice way that is what they get paid for. But I would go to the ownerif I had to.Then keep both orders in and get the one that comes in first. But your first dealership seems to me to be up to some hanky panky .
Just hung up w/ 1st dealer (he is the sales manager!) still won't give out info to me. Says he just doesn't operate that way. When I started talking status code numbers to him and 1st & 2nd allocations and other info I've seen his demeanor changed - asked where I got all my info - told him on the internet! He won't share - I won't share!!!!!! He doesn't have any allocation for this time - thus my order place Sept 24 is still sitting at 2000 :cuss: At least I've got my $500 and placed 2nd order w/ a dealer that has 1 more allocation for 2nd allocation period! I am leaving order open @ 1st just in case.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mysterio98 said:
Another SW PA'er here as well. Waiting for delivery of 2737. Hopefully won't be too much longer, unless my sol keeps failing its physical. Are there any PA events or meets going on? I checked on the NE forum but did not see anything.
I've checked too - looks like none yet. Would be nice to meet other Sol owners in the spring (when my car should arrive).

You would think with all the great roads to drive on there would be something planned/organized - huh!?!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
MomsSol said:
Just hung up w/ 1st dealer (he is the sales manager!) still won't give out info to me. Says he just doesn't operate that way. When I started talking status code numbers to him and 1st & 2nd allocations and other info I've seen his demeanor changed - asked where I got all my info - told him on the internet! He won't share - I won't share!!!!!! He doesn't have any allocation for this time - thus my order place Sept 24 is still sitting at 2000 :cuss: At least I've got my $500 and placed 2nd order w/ a dealer that has 1 more allocation for 2nd allocation period! I am leaving order open @ 1st just in case.
I would go to his boss, in person. Just for spite. I'm a really nice person but can be the biggest bitc* on this earth. Maybe thats why I got along with the guys in construction field, I didn't take any crap. People don't believe it when I turn into queen BITC*, they never expected it from me. I've been this way all my life, maybe because I'm the youngest of 4 girls I had to learn to stick up for myself. But it works.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Does sound like some hanky panky going on. I think *some* dealers are playing games telling people yea, yea we can get you the car ;) ;) but playing around with the priority of their list.

You are smart to get a 2nd dealer going.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I won't - but I can be very....very pushy when I want to! I'll just drive up in my new car and tell him to cancel my order (he's a much smaller dealer in Pittsburgh area)! Then watch him turn green with envy and red with anger for missing out on MY sale. He said "I'll keep you posted on any movement of your order - I promise" (im pretty sure his lips were moving - you know the old joke!)
Anyway much happier with new Sales Manger/Dealer - gave me "dealer" brochure, Solstice Brochure, took my cell number so can call with all updates.

·
5,641 Posts
Curious and confused as usual. If your first dealership will not give you the status and event code of your order, how do you know the status and event code of your order? You posted that you order is sitting at event code #2000.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Small Dealer said:
Curious and confused as usual. If your first dealership will not give you the status and event code of your order, how do you know the status and event code of your order? You posted that you order is sitting at event code #2000.
Actually I was incorrect in that post - I am sitting at 1101 with dealer #1. How I found out was he said "your order hasn't even been built yet" and I said so you mean I am not yet at code 2000, I'm still at 1101. He tried to hem-haw around and beat around the bush. When I started talking his talk he changed his tune.

Anyway - that is how I detemined what my status code was.

·
5,641 Posts
MomsSol said:
Actually I was incorrect in that post....
Then that is my answer, thanks for clearing that up.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Small Dealer said:
Then that is my answer, thanks for clearing that up.
He also told me that GM hasn't released ANY of his allocations - kinda scary!!! Thus the 2nd order - we'll see who wins!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am getting good cooperation from my dealer, but am educating him along the way with what I learn here. The sales manager knows this stuff, but the guys on the floor are not as well informed in the event codes and such, it seems. I suspect that Pontiac Dealers have never had such a group of buyers wanting this kind of information. It used to be all hidden backroom information that no one except the sales manager cared about.
The passion for this car, and the information from this site and the 'Net, have created a group of well-informed customers such as never existed before.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Eastocean said:
I am getting good cooperation from my dealer, but am educating him along the way with what I learn here. The sales manager knows this stuff, but the guys on the floor are not as well informed in the event codes and such, it seems. I suspect that Pontiac Dealers have never had such a group of buyers wanting this kind of information. It used to be all hidden backroom information that no one except the sales manager cared about.
The passion for this car, and the information from this site and the 'Net, have created a group of well-informed customers such as never existed before.
:agree: :agree:

Seems I know more than the sales manger at #1 dealer.
2nd dealer/sales manager is a little more informed - and more open with lots of info - plus is truly just as excited as we are about this car!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
MomsSol said:
I won't - but I can be very....very pushy when I want to! I'll just drive up in my new car and tell him to cancel my order (he's a much smaller dealer in Pittsburgh area)! Then watch him turn green with envy and red with anger for missing out on MY sale. He said "I'll keep you posted on any movement of your order - I promise" (im pretty sure his lips were moving - you know the old joke!)
Anyway much happier with new Sales Manger/Dealer - gave me "dealer" brochure, Solstice Brochure, took my cell number so can call with all updates.
Good choice going with the second dealer.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
MomsSol: I'm glad you've got a backup order placed with the second dealer.

Now go back to the first dealership, ask the receptionist the name of the inventory control manager, or inventory guy, or whatever they call him there. If he/she won't tell you who, then go and ask your salesman who. If still no answer, go ask everyone else until you get an answer, but find out who that person is.

Then ask to speak to him/her. Ask that person for a printout of your Vehicle Order Event History. I believe that is available once the Preliminary Order Accepted (event 1100), but I could be wrong.

If that is not available, ask for a printout of your Vehicle Order Detail. Again, I don't know if this is available before Produced (event 3800).

But if you can get either one of those, it has your VON (Vehicle Order Number) shown. If you get that, then you've made some progress. Report back to us. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts