Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Dealerships place their orders, that are still in their order bank/pool, in a priority order. They can do this in any order they desire. They can also change it for each dealer order cycle. If they have an allocation spot, GM/Pontiac will take the order with the lowest priority number that is buildable for that dealership. Once the order is "picked up", the dealership can not effect when the order is built.

Hope that answers what you were asking.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been going to the dealer a lot asking if my order has been picked up yet. I ordered may 19 the dealer told me that he was 90 percent that he would get me a build date by this coming friday OCT 21 Thats why i asked the question. I told the dealer i was disapointed that orders after mine was placed got picked up before me. In july i changed the inside from ebony to two tone, he said that making the change set me back on his allocation. at the time the order was not even picked up by gm. If he can move my order to first priority what took him so long. I will believe it when i see it. talk the talk or walk the walk :willy:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Question for Small Dealer or whoever

I reordered from a new dealer (1st Dealer was a skunk) a week and a half ago.
He promised me that he had slots open in the 1st allocation. The two cars before me and mine have not been "picked up". When will I know if I'm in the 2nd allocation. If I am in the 2nd allocation, am I looking at spring delivery?

·
5,641 Posts
DeaconEd said:
He promised me that he had slots open in the 1st allocation. The two cars before me and mine have not been "picked up". When will I know if I'm in the 2nd allocation. If I am in the 2nd allocation, am I looking at spring delivery?

The first estimated four month allocation period is wrapping up this month (October '05). The dealership would have had to receive a very large allocation to still have three slots left in the first allocation.

What can you find out? Well tomorrow the dealership will see this week's dealer order cycle allocation numbers. So they will know if they are getting any Solstices "picked up" this cycle. They also should be able to call up allocation reports showing how many cars they are getting for October '05 and how many they were getting in each dealer order cycle. This will tell them (and you) were the remaining three orders stand.

The second estimated four month allocation period starts in November '05 and runs through February '06. This would be for production in December '05 through March '06. Which would be delivery of January '06 to April '06. All dealerships should get at least one Solstice in this second round.

If you do slide into the second estimated four month allocation, it will not necesarily be Spring. But depending on when the dealership's allocation spots come about it could be.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
DeaconEd said:
I reordered from a new dealer (1st Dealer was a skunk) a week and a half ago.
If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't bother with an order at all. The Allocation system is so arbitrary that having any idea about when you are going to get a car is completely hopeless. If I sound jaded it is because I am.

I ordered this car April 30th, and it was preferenced Sept 12th, unpreferenced Oct. 20 only to be again preferenced Oct 5th. I was supposed to be mid first allocation, but it has been treated as if it were end of first allocation. While there are people on this forum getting cars ordered much later. There are also some walking into dealerships and buying one without having to wait at all.

As a result I have bought another car and will be giving up my order after almost 6 months of waiting and frustration. I think a great many people in the Northeast will be giving up on their orders with the colder weather coming. (Our forecast is for frost tomorrow night.)

If I had it to do all over again, I would just wait for a dealer to call me that they had a car coming that someone had backed out of. If I liked the options I would buy it.

Trust me you do not want to put yourself through this, no car is worth this, the Solstice included.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.