Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, that was stressful. The dang server kept saying it was too busy!! I thought we were going to be screwed and not get any of the first 1000! It finally let us in and our dealership was able to get 3 orders accepted! (Well, 'pending' customer verification). We tried to put in a 4th for a customer, but it said they were all gone :( Man, those things went fast!!!

So, other dealers, were you able to get any???

·
Registered
288 Posts
After harrassing my salesman for months I showed up at 12:00pm and waited. He had 3 other preorders behind me and 1 person who showed up at 2.

After trying to get into the system for 30 minutes, mine was the only order that went through. (With me hovering over him the entire time!)

Flagg

·
Registered
178 Posts
GTOJ said:
We received 3 orders.
I think it's the first time I've seen a Supporting Dealer in the forum (my excuse to others for missing them).

Thank you for supporting our forum and I hope this generates a lot of sales for you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Luc said:
I think it's the first time I've seen a Supporting Dealer in the forum (my excuse to others for missing them).

Thank you for supporting our forum and I hope this generates a lot of sales for you.
Hey man I appreciate it. I like this board and the car that it supports!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't understand this. My dealer had my order in at 2:04 EST and I got put on a wait list. How could some dealers get 4 or 5?

Did the website open up early??

·
Registered
288 Posts
Blk37Special said:
I don't understand this. My dealer had my order in at 2:04 EST and I got put on a wait list. How could some dealers get 4 or 5?

It was at 2:00pm EDT, not Standard time. It opened 1 hour earlier than EST.

Flagg

·
Registered
228 Posts
My dealers computer tech "a very old guy" was not very smart. He pretty much refused ot keep hitting enter so the dealer got NONE! My dealer swore it was pre determined list and not first come first serve as I repeated over and over again.

Im kinda pissed but planned an order for a retail one. If its dated for delivery past august im done and ill buy my import.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Blk37Special said:

Ya, I had the same problem. Customer's info (at verification screen) in by 2:05, then the sytem tied up, next thing I know it comes back wait-listed. My Mgr. called our district rep., and she said they were gone by 2:15. Wil have everything sorted out Monday, which does me absolutely no good at all. EOP is not accepting any calls right now (busy,) and my Dealer Principle is calling the Regional Sales VP. He's not too happy that people were still recieving numbers @ 2:30, and we got waitlisted @ 2:10. (he reads the forum too, but he's just a lurker.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My order went through but my dealers second order was wait listed. I'm nevous until I actually see the confirmation from Pontiac! You do know that they are contacting everyone before your confirmed right?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
conejo148 said:
Ya, I had the same problem. Customer's info (at verification screen) in by 2:05, then the sytem tied up, next thing I know it comes back wait-listed. My Mgr. called our district rep., and she said they were gone by 2:15. Wil have everything sorted out Monday, which does me absolutely no good at all. EOP is not accepting any calls right now (busy,) and my Dealer Principle is calling the Regional Sales VP. He's not too happy that people were still recieving numbers @ 2:30, and we got waitlisted @ 2:10. (he reads the forum too, but he's just a lurker.
Definitely sorry to hear yours is having problems. You've been one of the most valuable sources of information here in my opinion. You should already be listed as a supporting dealer based on your contributions to the forum. Anyway, hopefully GM gets things straightened out for your customer. So much for first-come, first-served ... more like first-come, first-screwed. I can't believe GM putzed this one so badly. They had to know to expect a rush and it's not like everybody in the world was hitting the site at once ... it was limited to licensed dealers ... only a maximum of about 10,000 users, even if all the dealers had 5 reps logging in at once. It really makes me wonder if all those confirmations out there really mean anything or if their system spit out thousands of them and they'll have to call everybody and let them know it was an error.

·
Registered
82 Posts
pwr66569 said:
So much for first-come, first-served ... more like first-come, first-screwed. I can't believe GM putzed this one so badly. They had to know to expect a rush and it's not like everybody in the world was hitting the site at once ... it was limited to licensed dealers ... only a maximum of about 10,000 users, even if all the dealers had 5 reps logging in at once. It really makes me wonder if all those confirmations out there really mean anything or if their system spit out thousands of them and they'll have to call everybody and let them know it was an error.
Pontiac thought they were ready. NOT! You could tell that every one did hit the site at once. They did not spit out thousands, but GM will call every one and if they don't qualify, it's on to the waiting list.

·
Registered
100 Posts
PAS22 said:
My order went through but my dealers second order was wait listed. I'm nevous until I actually see the confirmation from Pontiac! You do know that they are contacting everyone before your confirmed right?
Where do you get the confirmation #? When GM calls to verify with you?

·
Registered
82 Posts
heismybooty said:
Where do you get the confirmation #? When GM calls to verify with you?
If you have a pending status, once Pontiac calls you and confirms and approves all the info, then you're an owner. :yesnod:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Call From GM

Has anyone received a call from GM???
I'mStill waiting for a call!!!
Also just came from my dealer and he has not been able to get a VOM number yet.
Has any one had this happen to them ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts