Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slipslider just got his solstice and mentioned his graduate discount. I assume this is different for every dealer, but I was hoping somebody could give me some heads up on discounts I can ask for that are unknown.

What is the graduate program and what typically are the regulations?

First time buyer discount?

Repeat gm buyer discount?

Got my GM card $277 :yesnod:

thats all I can think of, anymore secret deals, you have to ask for?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
GM in the driveway - it's a program for employees to pass along a discount similar to the expired employee pricing (exact $ unknown) for friends, family, even just acquaintances. So if Bob knows your name, he can give you an extra discount. It has been mentioned on GMtv.

·
5,641 Posts
Keep in mind that SlipSlider lives in Canada, where they do have different things going on.

There are currently no Grad, Loyalty (see below), or First Time Buyer programs in the USA. As there are no consumer rebates, reduced rates, lease, or balloon programs.

GM Card (with all its qualifications, limits, and different cards) is about the only one that most people would be able to use.

The GM-In-The-Driveway program would allow the holder of a certificate to buy at GM Supplier Purchase Program pricing. Like the actual GM Supplier Purchase Program (and GM Employee Purhcase Program or GMS), the "Driveway" program is an elected program for dealership acceptance. Might be hard to find one accepting it, if you were able to get a certificate.

Other threads have talked about people receiving coupons after attending a GM Auto Show In Motion presentation. These coupons can be vehicle specific, so they may not be eligible for Solstice. Do not recall any confirmed posts that any one used them.

UPDATE 11/06/2005 Solace has posted today that they attended an Auto-Show-In-Motion and received a certificate good for $500 off a purchase and that the Solstice was eligible. UPDATE

Another bonus talked about here before is a regular Auto Show coupon. If these a used it will be for a short time (two weeks) in a small area (immediate area) of a large auto show. These are usually model specific also. The cars are selected by the local managers. Chances are the Solstice will not be one of the selected models. And they are not a sure things if there is a show in your area.

UPDATE 11/18/2005Chip has posted today that there is a mail certificate out to current owners of mid and full size GM SUVs that is good until 1/3/06 for $500 on Solstices

We kicked around a thread a while back about a possible upcoming bonus for retired UAW workers that mey be out later this Fall. But no confirmation that it will go. And it is for a very small targeted qualified audience.

UPDATE 11/06/2005 Dave Clancy has posted that the certificates are out the week of October 31st. In fact I have seen one. Works as expected. Specific group of UAW retirees and must be a GMS (GM Employee) deal. Search threads started by Dave Clancy for the two threads with details.UPDATE

In theory there could be a Oldsmobile owner out there from December of 2000 that hasn't lost their Owner Loyalty certificate that would be good until December 31, 2005. Or an old side saddle gas tank pick up truck owner with a Gas Tank Settlement coupon from several years ago (Remebmer Dateline with the truck rigged with explosives). But that would really surprise me and confuse most all dealerships if they saw one.

Keep in mind that any of these would not be eligible on one of the 1000 Frist 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices.

Think that should answer your question.

(10/20 views 73)(11/7 views 181)(11/18 views 322)

·
5,641 Posts
Thought I would bump this up with the updated info that others have posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts