Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You know, all too often we've either heard or told of problems with dealers. Errors, that dealers have made or problems we've encountered working with a particuliar dealer.

I would like to here about some of the GREAT and/or Wonderful things dealers have done on behalf of us.
I for one, hopefully, will be able to write a book about my experience at purchasing such a beautiful car the Solstice. The entire experience has been an incredible roller coaster ride. And.....it's not over yet. You see, I am wait-listed and may (or may NOT) get one of the famous "EOP" cars. I do know one thing though. My dealer has NOT let me down. He has been very deligent at trying to assist me. Hopefully, we will be successful and I will eventually get pended/confirmed. Regardless, I am greatful for all his assistance. What's your Story?

Thanks Steve - Cheers !!! :cheers:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Another Great Dealer in Wichita Kansas

I will tell you my Wichita, Kansas Pontiac dealer has gone out of there way to make buying a Solstice the best experience it can be. Great attention to detail, great support, great knowledge; overall - great customer care.

Thanks to all you dealers who are working on your customer's behalf. Your effort are greatly appreciated.

Gregodav :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dealership in Plymouth

Steve,
I don't know which dealership you used but I used the one in Wayne and have so far been pleased. Is that the same dealer you used???
I don't think that we can name it as that would be advertising I think.

Mike
South Lyon, MI

·
Registered
338 Posts
The Cat's outta the bag

Roadster1 said:
Steve,
I don't know which dealership you used but I used the one in Wayne and have so far been pleased. Is that the same dealer you used???
I don't think that we can name it as that would be advertising I think.

Mike
South Lyon, MI
Actually, dlent was thanking me.

Thanks dlent. I don't need to post anything here that you, and most of the other members don't already know. When your Sol gets here, and it will, I'll makesure it's parked right next to my desk so I can keep an eye on it.

Steve

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have worked with the Sales Manager at my dealer here in Indianapolis.
He has been very tolerant of my coming in there a couple of times a week and asking questions about things that he hasn't yet found out for himself...the information on this forum has been about a week ahead of him through the whole process ;)
He verified with the owner of the dealership that they would sell no higher than MSRP and given the demand I have felt that it's a fair price :yesnod:
I have had none of the misinformation gouging horror stories that some have experienced and am pleased so far.
The only downfall has been that neither of us are particularly web savy and it may have cost us both on the EOP. In hind sight that probably hurts him more than it does me ;)

Despight all of our grumbling, you guys aren't so bad :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
gregodav said:
I will tell you my Wichita, Kansas Pontiac dealer has gone out of there way to make buying a Solstice the best experience it can be. Great attention to detail, great support, great knowledge; overall - great customer care. Gregodav :)
Greg, I work at that dealership, and I will let him know what you said. I know he worked very hard to get all his customers in, and will appreciate the compliment!!! :agree:

(P.S. the only downside to working at a Pontiac dealership...not being eligible for the "First 1000"!!! :cuss:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I originally had concerns about going with a small dealership outside of Montreal. I figured that a larger one would be able to provide me with more services. My "small" dealer has completely removed any concerns I might have had. They have been great. My sales person contacts me whenever there is anything new about the car (he contacted me a few hours after the car made it in his entry system in March) and has been very careful not to give me overly optimistic information about the car. It's probably the last point I appreciate the most about them. They made sure that I understood that about storage space and that the car might be out sometime between July and December and that if I can't wait until December, then this might not be the car for me.

He was willing to lose a sale than to promise a delivery date they couldn't guarantee. That's what I call integrity! If you are looking for a dealer in my region, send me a message. I'll be happy to recommend my dealership and sales person.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
82 Posts
As one of the dealers who frequent this site, I would like to say thank you for this post. :yesnod: There has been a couple times I thought about logging out and never coming back. I understand the all of the bad stories, and sometimes it's great to vent. It's just great to start to hear the other side. I hope everyone ends up enjoying their buying experience when they buy their Solstice. Best of luck to all. :)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I can think of a few dealers who deserve a special thanks. GTOJ, our first supporting dealer, for his information, honesty, and promise not to gouge anyone! :thumbs: Also, special thanks are deserved for jwvrod, Small Dealer, Cornejo, Eatoninside, and any of the other members who work at dealers who have been providing us with all the ordering updates, EOP information, and other general information concerning dealership experiences. I apologize if I missed any other dealers, but all of their contributions to the forum have been very helpful!

We have been rough on some dealers at times. For potential gouging, underhanded sales practices, lack of knowledge, mistakes, etc. Its just the nature of the beast. Some dealers are better than others, but I am sure we all appreciate it when we do find a good one. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey guys that is right anyone who is thinking of putting down an order or just want general information let me know, I would like to help. I really enjoy reading the threads and would really like it if everyone on this board referred to me for dealership type questions.

·
Registered
178 Posts
GTOJ said:
Hey guys that is right anyone who is thinking of putting down an order or just want general information let me know, I would like to help. I really enjoy reading the threads and would really like it if everyone on this board referred to me for dealership type questions.
This brings me to ask a question to Troy & the various moderators:

We should be encouraging supporting dealers more. They help financially to keep this forum running, so they should be recognized accordingly. How about adding a "Sticky" thread that lists/showcases Supporting Dealers?

This might also encourage others to become supporting dealers.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Luc said:

We should be encouraging supporting dealers more. They help financially to keep this forum running, so they should be recognized accordingly. How about adding a "Sticky" thread that lists/showcases Supporting Dealers?

Done. See the Solstice FAQ, Specifications, Performance Data section.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Luc said:

Great idea, and nice addition S-man. :) Now we just need a few more dealers and/or vendors to join GTOJ on the list... although GTOJ might like the "exclusivity" he currently has! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I, like so many of you, had a great experience with my dealership. They kept me up to date on all the info they received and didn't get upset with all of my calls. On THE DAY the owner of the dealership was out of town on business. He called in that morning to make certain that three of his sales people were ready to man the computers when 2:00 rolled around. Later that day he called again to see how many orders were able to be filled. I was lucky, I got the only order that went through. I have purchased many cars from this dealer and I do a lot of work for them through my business. I thought maybe I was getting special treatment but when the wife of one of my employees contacted my dealer about a car they treated her fantastically. It wasn't until after the deal was settled that they found out that her husband works for me. Good people all the time. We're lucky to be close to some of the dealers who really care.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Luc said:

I'm STILL waiting on Troy to call me....Been waiting since I first logged in

Helllllooooooo................

1 - 15 of 15 Posts