Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how to find out the top pontiac dealers in your area? And does anybody know where the oil filter is on the SOL?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
gtwhite said:
Anybody know how to find out the top pontiac dealers in your area? And does anybody know where the oil filter is on the SOL?

If it's like other Ecotec motors (don't see any reason it would be different) the oil filter won't be your traditional spin-on canister-type. Instead it's a paper filter element under a plastic cap (think motorcycle oil filter) that's accessable from the top.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
What you should probably look for is a dealer participating in the Early Order Program. I suggest that you be just a bit cagey about what you know from reading the posts on this forum, and let them tell you what they know. You'll be able to gauge pretty quickly whether or not they signed up. When you think that you've found a dealer who has, you can come right out and ask them to show you their early order participation confirmation.

Perhaps more importantly, grill the dealer about the MSRP "strong suggestion" for the Early Order Program. If they say, "Sure, we'll let you have it for MSRP," get it in writing...

I did when I placed my deposit with my dealer. The brief agreement looked like this:
2006 Pontiac Solstice Deposit Acceptance

In consideration for $500 in deposit to be applied to the purchase price, -dealer-name- agrees to offer (subject to availability) -your-name- a 2006 Pontiac Solstice at MSRP without a dealer or market based price markup. This MSRP price point will apply to a unit purchased through either the Early Order (First 1000) program or a regular order from their dealer's regular allocation.

Signed:

I really didn't want to pay more than MSRP even if I didn't get a chance at one of the 1st 1000, hence the agreement.

Again, the standard disclaimer applies: "I am NOT a lawyer." ;) It's just a suggestion for how you can get something preventing markup gouging in writing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just trying to find out who will get the most cars, or what top dealers in my area. Than i'll no if my dealer is in there. They are in the eop.

·
5,641 Posts
There are no public listings by GM of dealer sales rankings. Several industry magazines try to put together lists yearly, but they are hard to find for the general public.

About the only way you could find out would be to scan ads in the newspapers or check out area web sites to look for dealership claims. You could also call them and ask what their four month allocation numbers are. Dealers received the info on Friday.

What area are you from?

·
5,641 Posts
gtwhite said:
Chicago area
Gillespie in Chicago, Haggerty in Oak Lawn, Anthony in Gurnee, Community in Oak Forrest, Village in Naperville, Sullivan in Arlington Heights, and Rogers Group in Chicago are some of the bigger sales Pontiac dealers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Not one of them is where I ordered mine from. I'd say where but I don't want to let people around here no.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Gillespie in Chicago, Haggerty in Oak Lawn, Anthony in Gurnee, Community in Oak Forrest, Village in Naperville, Sullivan in Arlington Heights, and Rogers Group in Chicago are some of the bigger sales Pontiac dealers.

Best guess, in order of volume...can't think of all the Chicago Burbs...Screw it, this is easier, let you Chi town folks decide..

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
conejo148 said:
Best guess, in order of volume...can't think of all the Chicago Burbs...Screw it, this is easier, let you Chi town folks decide..
You wouldn't happen to have that info for the Pittsburgh, PA, area, would you? :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
pontiacinblack said:
You wouldn't happen to have that info for the Pittsburgh, PA, area, would you? :D
I don't know if this covers Pittsburgh or not. Some of you other guys may wnat to look to see just how big the metro Detroit dealer are. One of them put out more Pontiacs in a month than we do new GMC/Pontiacs combined for a year. Wow. It's not just called Motown b/c of the music.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
conejo148 said:
I don't know if this covers Pittsburgh or not. Some of you other guys may wnat to look to see just how big the metro Detroit dealer are. One of them put out more Pontiacs in a month than we do new GMC/Pontiacs combined for a year. Wow. It's not just called Motown b/c of the music.
Thanks, conjejo148! :) Doesn't cover Pitt, but it covers the area I live now. I'm moving to PA next month, so won't be buying anything until after I'm settled in. I have had several dealings with one of the dealers on the list, though, and was pleasantly surprised to see he was in the top 10 in Feb. I'll miss dealing with him, but from what I hear, it is a pain in the butt to buy an out-of-state vehicle when you live in PA. If anyone knows an honest dealers in the Pittsburgh area, send me a PM.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is it possible to report bad dealers that I've called.

I've been watching this car, reading post, etc, for the last six months. Pardon my lurking... but, I've called a few local dealers in Grand Rapids and Muskegon Michigan, and they both are not following the rules.

The Muskegon dealer has taken a deposit from a customer and will receive his faxed registration for with code number on friday and will put in his information. He said that because he's been working with the customer that he will put his information in first regardless if someone is there prior to 2 pm with form in hand.

How can this be. Truly, this isn't first come, first serve.

Ceelo

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
CeeLo said:
Is it possible to report bad dealers that I've called.

I've been watching this car, reading post, etc, for the last six months. Pardon my lurking... but, I've called a few local dealers in Grand Rapids and Muskegon Michigan, and they both are not following the rules.

The Muskegon dealer has taken a deposit from a customer and will receive his faxed registration for with code number on friday and will put in his information. He said that because he's been working with the customer that he will put his information in first regardless if someone is there prior to 2 pm with form in hand.

How can this be. Truly, this isn't first come, first serve.

Ceelo
Lurking time over.... I kind of agree with the dealer here on this one. I have to work from 1pm-10pm my time and will miss both the show and the friday 2pm thing.

I was the first one to sign up at my local dealer with a deposit already made. And because of my situation, he would be more than happy to accept a fax with my order number for 2pm processing since I should be at work. With this arrangement, I would be the first one through once they can process them.

BUT I will be calling in LATE on Friday to arrange myself being there.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Excelsior said:
I was the first one to sign up at my local dealer with a deposit already made. And because of my situation, he would be more than happy to accept a fax with my order number for 2pm processing since I should be at work. With this arrangement, I would be the first one through once they can process them.
Good point, my dealer said just call it in to his voicemail. I'm going in person but for those who can't...

·
Registered
121 Posts
mceb said:
Good point, my dealer said just call it in to his voicemail. I'm going in person but for those who can't...
Not a problem with my dealer either. He said, just fax it to me and I'll take care of it for you. Now - whether that gets in as one of the 1000, I'll hope to know (according to him) within 48 hours... :willy:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
mceb said:
I got the same response, but I plan to be there in person as well to make sure they get on it at exactly 2pm, especially since my dealer has several people trying for the EOP.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts