Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my GXP in to the dealership for a bit of programming on my new USB head unit. A few days later while hand washing my car I noticed the right front fender (rocker panel area) was smashed like it had been jacked up in that spot. I went back and had a short discussion with the manager. A real honorable operation, they have no problems with fixing my car. Not having an in house body shop he ask where I would prefer to take it, and they would pay the bill. He said that some of the techs have hoists in their service bays that, if the lifting pads were in the wrong location pulling in or out it could cause this kind of damage, even though my car was not lifted. I saw the name of a company a number of months ago but can not remember the thread (or name)that had purchased all the remaining solstice sheet metal. Does anyone know how to get in touch with these people? Considering the damage it my be better to replace than hammer and bondo, repainting the fender is a given, and it would probably be better if I can direct them to the supplier.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Source one has a few pieces but they aren't the place that bought all the remaining stock.

I would start with source one but do a YouTube search for solstice oem parts or something. That's where their contact info is.

Don't get your hopes up too much, they aren't always very responsive. But worth trying.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I know it's wasn't source one to begin with, but I thought the company that originally bought all the back stock went out of business (ICS) and the employees of that company came together and bought all the stock from them and started SourceOne.

BTW there is another store on ebay that has some stuff as well, but I can't remember the name. something like factory oem auto parts?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
ICS bought out all the Kappa parts and pieces that were "on hand" at the Wilmington GM factory when it closed up. Source One was formed by several ICS employees and they ended up with all the Solstice/Sky parts that ICS had on hand.

There are a few other vendors on eBay that seem to have sheet metal Solstice/Sky parts also.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Dave, we aren't talking about the same thing. I wasn't correcting you.

There is a company (not ics or source one) that grabbed most of the sheet metal. I don't remember their name, that's why he needs to search YouTube.

Source one and factory oem parts have mostly parts/parts. This other place, if they even still exist , have body panels.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
Jeff, understood. It was my understanding that ICS got whatever parts were left at the plant, including body parts. I know they had a bunch of fenders, both Sky and Sol shortly after they started selling them off on eBay. I know Norm got a full coupe top from them to start his racing top project.

Curious as to why you suggest searching YouTube for this other company?

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Jeff, understood. It was my understanding that ICS got whatever parts were left at the plant, including body parts. I know they had a bunch of fenders, both Sky and Sol shortly after they started selling them off on eBay. I know Norm got a full coupe top from them to start his racing top project.

Curious as to why you suggest searching YouTube for this other company?
Dave, the company that Jeff is referring to made a video of their Sol/Sky stock parts. That's the way they were advertising their company showing their phone and email order addresses in that video.... The video is still out there but I don't remember the name of the company...

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Yup. That's the only way I was ever able to find them. They did not have any deck lids in the color I needed which I found odd since the video looked like you could build a thousand cars from the stuff they had.

Someone posted a link to the video here in the forums but I never could find it ever again.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
I was contacted by Mike Kammeraaad several months ago and asked if I thought that the community would buy body parts from Source One. I was told that S1 had found a vender who bought "body repair kits" for Sol and Sky that consisted of skins for hood, trunk, doors, front fenders and rear fenders. At that time I was told that the vender was willing to sell to S1 only complete sets minus theSky front fenders which they were going to retain as part of their business plan.

Subsequently, S1 did buy a number of repair kits minus the Sky front fenders and they are up on their site.

I have been told that I bought the last two right side Sky fenders from S1. Following Vic's example I am hording them.:devil: Unlike MM I dont have any USB radios to hord though which makes me very sad.:sorry:

I have not checked lately but I believe that S1 has body skins for all but the Sky fenders.

There are multiple sources for Solstice fenders, including GM stocks and after market replacement fenders.

When both of my Sol fenders were crushed, I had them repaired when the Punisher was born. They turned out perfect and have remained so for the past 3 years.:grouphug::bow:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The phone number on the you tube is still good, but there is no extension 11. It actually forwarded me to another number ( 734-678-0087, a guy named Joe). They do have some remaining inventory, I got lucky, my right front in brazen is going to be on UPS today. Thanks All!:cool::thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
have you tried gmpartsdirect.com they are showing the fenders for 67.00

1 - 20 of 22 Posts