Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer stopped in today at my office. He is going to Arizona next month to test drive the Solstice. He will be taking a video camera and a regular camera. I've asked him to get shots of the car with the top up!!!! Also, to get as much footage of the trunk with some articles to judge the size of the area. He also mentioned that the latest word out is that the Sky will be released before the Solstice (I'm hoping not, but will wait). I asked him to let us know anything as soon as he can without risking his dealership. He's expecting to get the list of the options by the first or middle of next month. Will post whatever I can when I get it. :smile

·
4,592 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
My local dealer stopped in today at my office. He is going to Arizona next month to test drive the Solstice. He will be taking a video camera and a regular camera. I've asked him to get shots of the car with the top up!!!! Also, to get as much footage of the trunk with some articles to judge the size of the area. He also mentioned that the latest word out is that the Sky will be released before the Solstice (I'm hoping not, but will wait). I asked him to let us know anything as soon as he can without risking his dealership. He's expecting to get the list of the options by the first or middle of next month. Will post whatever I can when I get it. :smile
A dealer that makes house calls....NICE! :thumbs

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Hmmm I really don't think the Sky will be out before the Solstice. Especially since it goes on sale in June supposedly, and we haven't even seen a test mule Sky yet. GM's officially said the Sky would be out early 2006 too.

However the rest of it sounds like really good news. You need to get a copy of that video and post it here. I've got plenty of server space/bandwidth if you need a place to put it. :D

·
Registered
667 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
... He also mentioned that the latest word out is that the Sky will be released before the Solstice (I'm hoping not, but will wait). :smile
This is contrary to everything that Bob Lutz and the Saturn Div. is saying. You might want to take what this guy says with a few grains of salt.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
Wow! A car dealer that's full of crap. That's nothing new. :rolleyes

No offense to you, Mikefred.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Chip said:
This is contrary to everything that Bob Lutz and the Saturn Div. is saying. You might want to take what this guy says with a few grains of salt.
Exactly. This salesman almost had me believing him until he mentioned the Sky's release before the Sol. Now I am not sure I would believe he is going anywhere to drive it until I saw the pics. Thanks for the information, and hopefully he does bring you back some revealing pics. :cool

·
Registered
667 Posts
Present company excluded.(I hope :lol: ) You can tell when a dealer is lying...When his mouth is moving. :yesnod:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey maybe GTOJ should give all the us forum members a free Solstice to change our minds ;-)

Just kidding, he's one of the good guys!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mister E that sounds like a good idea the only thing is I don't think management would go for it. I wonder if they would give me a free one? :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
GTOJ said:
Mister E that sounds like a good idea the only thing is I don't think management would go for it. I wonder if they would give me a free one? :lol:
How about if our forum gets a date in the Oprah audience, then can we get the free Sols. (Is more than one soltice, soltices or soltsti??)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
achieftain said:
How about if our forum gets a date in the Oprah audience, then can we get the free Sols. (Is more than one soltice, soltices or soltsti??)
Chief, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking after the G6 giveaway! I've been watching my mailbox daily for Oprah's invite ... :skep:

hmmm, maybe THAT's what Pontiac is saving all of their advertising dollars for!! :agree:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I talked to my dealer again today. He says that we should be able to order by next week. I hope so, the wait is getting to be too much, lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
... we should be able to order by next week.
Great, now I got that tune from Little Orphan Annie stuck in my head.
"Tomorrow, tomorrow... " :willy:

Btw, one of the dealers here finally put the Solstice on their website...
Here
(oops, looks like you'll have to select the make & model at the bottom of that)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Put me down for a "free sample" and I'll be happy to sell it to everyone that
wants to look everywhere I go I'll be a GM and Pontiac ambassador and believe me everyone will want to look.
:patriot:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My local dealer just stopped in again. (This is a very small community; only 10,000 total population in the whole county.) He showed me a package he just received. Pontiac is allowing dealers to order 5 Solstices starting April 15th and ending April 25th. This is above their regular allocations. These vehicles will be the first 1,000 made. He said most dealers order only their firm orders during this period. He took my order for a Silver one with any and all options. Should be in by early to mid June, atleast that is what the package says. Hopefully I'll get a top with it. :) If you are really serious about getting one, see your dealer right away. Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts