Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer has asked me to start a write up/keep records on how I got one of the 1K and this process/Detroit trip/ect... He says they are going to do a "big write up" with pics for the local paper. Is anyone else doing this or been approached? Not sure that I want that attention, living in smallville USA. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
How's your experience been going? + or - ?

·
Registered
976 Posts
lots of typing. I am not a computer genius, so I am doing more work than I should, but time is of the essence to you guys, and I understand that. really I am just bummed cause I am not getting one. When the excitement winds down i will realize i don't even get one....

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
no, but that's Ok. :lol:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
solli4me said:
How's your experience been going? + or - ?
I would have to say overall it has been a good experience. Thanks to Promo HQ - and the Forum. A long wait... losing it's momentum but overall-yep I'd do it again :)

I am amazed -that a lot of people still haven't even heard of a Solstice... not for long. Wonder how long it will take to get my car, now that it is in transit... Detroit is a 4 hour drive, I wish I could of picked it up there!

How many 2006 do you think that they will produce? Should be interesting!

·
Registered
763 Posts
I would definitely ask what you get in return for you trouble and the publicity they will get off of your car.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Throw the dealer a bone. GM has been good to us with the extra gifts, the Detroit event and of course the greatest 2-seat sports car ever constructed (I hope). If the dealer was good to you, give him a hand. Like you said, most people still don't know what a Solstice is. I'm going to help my dealer wherever I can, they have been great to me and I OWE them something in return. Everything they did to get me my Sosltice in the first place was a pre-pay for anything I can do after my car comes in to give them some good PR.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
My dealer asked me if I would mind coming in to be filmed for the local Montgomery news viewing area when I first received confirmation of being one of the first 1k. It turned out pretty good. Now that my car is coming, he again asked if we could do a tv blitz and I agreed. He gets the PR and I get my car. :yesnod:

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
mssleepr said:
My dealer asked me if I would mind coming in to be filmed for the local Montgomery news viewing area when I first received confirmation of being one of the first 1k. It turned out pretty good. Now that my car is coming, he again asked if we could do a tv blitz and I agreed. He gets the PR and I get my car. :yesnod:
I am stationed at Ft Stewart, but my family is in Montgomery. Tell him I will be there in Aprilish (just put in my order through AAFES) ... wish I could get it sooner! :willy:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
hojopa said:
My dealer has asked me to start a write up/keep records on how I got one of the 1K and this process/Detroit trip/ect... He says they are going to do a "big write up" with pics for the local paper. Is anyone else doing this or been approached? Not sure that I want that attention, living in smallville USA. Any thoughts?

I don't have the stuff here at home, but you may find a right to promote clause in the rules that you accept by taking the car. I will look later.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
news

I had a interview with a local news paper just after my Solistce was ordered I was one of four that was getting one the first 1000. Ater the write up hit the news stands I found out that do to a error by GM. I was not 1 of the 1st 1000.The three whose orders went in after me did get a 1st 1000. my town is about 90000 pop.Im still living down the embarrasment. The other 3 were not interviewed. My butt is still sore even with the free oil from GM. Good luck with your interveiw.

·
5,641 Posts
From the consumer rules on the Apprentice site when you registered:

Pontiac Apprentice Site Rules said:
Except where prohibited by law, verified purchasers agree to provide General Motors Corporation, and its Divisions, agents, successors and assigns, full written permission and authority to use, copyright, repoduce, display and publish in any media, now known or hereafter developed, including the world wide web, their name, address, photograph, or other likeness, voice or biographical data.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts