Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Much of the confusion and fustration people are now feeling and will probably continue to feel in future is around order status checking.

Dealers don't seem to want to be in the business of checking orders for people.

Simple solution, self-service. Give us a web-site or voice-response system where we enter our order number and it gives us the event code (status). Makes customers happy and dealers happy.

If building a new system can't be done put the EOP HQ people to work and let them do the lookups for any order (not just first 1000) ;)

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
mceb said:
If building a new system can't be done put the EOP HQ people to work and let them do the lookups for any order (not just first 1000) ;)

Thanks!
:agree:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
MCEB, you got it!! It would not be that big of a deal to do SOMTHING!! ANYTHING!! PLEASE GM. WE NEED SOME SORT OF RELIEF!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,464 Posts
I second that request.
GM needs to keep the frustration level with this car low, until that time where ordering A SOL will be like ordering any other car in the showroom.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
I couldn't agree more. Salesman want to spend their time on getting new sales, not on spending too much time on cars "already sold"!! Especially those that they can't relly get!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
that really seems like a good solution to a bad problem. People put their confidence in GM with this car. They flocked to the web to order it early. They put down deposits, set up websites, and fawned over this car.

I don't think they are returning they favor very well by not keeping people informed. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
mceb, good plan. Password access to look up our info and maybe even track the build process daily. But how do they protect the proprietary info once it hits the forum that you can log in at www.watchmysolstice.com and enter your VOM and timestamp and follow your car down the line via the webcams that ( ) has surreptitiously placed inside the plant. (just kidding, people) But better feedback from GM to the dealer and then better feedback from dealer to customer would sooth a lot of anxious hearts.

Back in the infancy of vp Gore's invention (www) Ford was going to create order kiosks inside each dealership where with minimal salesperson involvement a customer would have been able to enter an order in the system and in 10-14 days their car would show up at the dealer. From the dealer side they would not have to stock all the colors and interior choices, just a small sampling. So if your current ride died you would probably still have to buy on the spot but if you could plan 2 weeks in advance then you could get exactly what you want when you want. Probably will never happen.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,574 Posts
mceb said:
Much of the confusion and fustration people are now feeling and will probably continue to feel in future is around order status checking.

Dealers don't seem to want to be in the business of checking orders for people.

Simple solution, self-service. Give us a web-site or voice-response system where we enter our order number and it gives us the event code (status). Makes customers happy and dealers happy.

If building a new system can't be done put the EOP HQ people to work and let them do the lookups for any order (not just first 1000) ;)

Thanks!

The positive feedback to GM for initiating something like this would be mindboggling and obviously the benefit to consumers would be fantastic. Bang for the buck factor shouldn't be in any way problematic. The problem here is it makes waaay too much sense. Brilliant idea MCEB!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
My good friend bought a MINI Cooper S a couple of years ago. He was able to track it from production to delivery using just the kind system discussed here. If Pontiac doesn't get something like that up and running by January they would be foolish. It creates a lot of excitement and a feeling of being deeply involved with the car well before taking posession. Nothing would be better for building customer loyalty than having owners emotionally involved in the life of their Pontiac. Americans are know for their love affairs with their cars and the Solstice is the most lovable car to come out of Detroit (Delaware) in a long, long time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
It really makes no sense for the GM dealer and the customer to not know the status of any new order.
It also seems that now GM is saying that the Solstice will be limited in production. That tells me that even if you order a car now, you may not get it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,849 Posts
If GM is lacking talent to develop the website, I can recommend an excellent web designer. My son, of course. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
achieftain said:
Both great ideas. With all the information going out on the internet; why not have this available. GM should become the leader of this technology. Beat the other worldwide auto manufacturers. Excellent ideas. May not be ready in time for the Solstice; but why not for the future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
May not be ready in time for the Solstice; but why not for the future.
Speaking as a programmer and knowing they already have software that does this (check status anyhow) it can't be hard to create a quick interface 1-2 weeks( if not less).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Karen1506 said:
Speaking as a programmer and knowing they already have software that does this (check status anyhow) it can't be hard to create a quick interface 1-2 weeks( if not less).
I'm sure they have both the technology and the resources available!
This could be done in less than one week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
mceb said:
Much of the confusion and fustration people are now feeling and will probably continue to feel in future is around order status checking.

Dealers don't seem to want to be in the business of checking orders for people.

Simple solution, self-service. Give us a web-site or voice-response system where we enter our order number and it gives us the event code (status). Makes customers happy and dealers happy.

If building a new system can't be done put the EOP HQ people to work and let them do the lookups for any order (not just first 1000) ;)

Thanks!
When I bought my 2002 PT Cruiser, Chrysler had a system for customers to track the progress of their cars with out going through the dealers. I was very surprised that GM doesn't have a tracking system for their customers.

P.S. Before all you GM diehards tell me to go buy a Chrysler if I don't like GM, this isn't a "GM Sucks" posting. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
great idea

I would be very interested in this. My dealer is like trying to get info out of a lawyer with no fees involved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
LatinVenom said:
I second that request.
GM needs to keep the frustration level with this car low, until that time where ordering A SOL will be like ordering any other car in the showroom.
I think the lack of information has led to alot of frustration for so many. GM has really done a poor job on taking care of the customer. I don't think I will ever go through this again. I will stick this one out but will not order anymore GM cars. It is a shame that they can't pull it together. LORI, Keep your customers informed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
solli4me said:
If GM is lacking talent to develop the website, I can recommend an excellent web designer. My son, of course. :lol:
It wouldn't be GM making it. It would be EDS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
I think the lack of information has led to alot of frustration for so many. GM has really done a poor job on taking care of the customer. I don't think I will ever go through this again. I will stick this one out but will not order anymore GM cars. It is a shame that they can't pull it together. LORI, Keep your customers informed!
I think it's unfair to make a judge based on this car. This is certainly not the norm for ordering cars, because they couldn't forsee this huge response.
 
1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Top