Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why not simply keep the EOP intact: first 1000 get the dash badge and VIN numbers but those on the waiting get first refusal rights on the next production group? This positive action would sure make alot of happy customers!

·
5,641 Posts
Duner said:
Why not simply keep the EOP intact: first 1000 get the dash badge and VIN numbers but those on the waiting get first refusal rights on the next production group? This positive action would sure make alot of happy customers!
In effect the wait listed people are getting the most if not all of the next production group. Dealers should be filling these wait listed orders with production from their regular allocations. This is at the dealership level, ie first dealer's wait listed customer should be getting that dealer's first production spot.

There is only way the current wait listed buyers wouldn't be getting all of the next production group. That would be if some dealers haven't wait listed more people then their allocation and other dealers have wait listed more then their allocation. The under dealer's orders would be built before all the over dealer's wait listed customers cars were built.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think it would behoove all of us to sit back and wait a week or so. One might be surprised at how Pontiac handles this. They haven't had much time to fix things from Friday as of yet... Let's give them a chance.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Duner said:
I agree and believe that GM will step up and do what is right

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lol

gtwhite said:
there not going to fix anything must of us got hosed no wonder there losing money
Wait a minute. You got hosed? How? Honestly man, the car isn't even out for EOP yet and people are saying they got hosed. Rushing the gun a bit I think. Pontiac is losing money because of false advertisement from LA Times and other bunco artists. There is so little truth in the BS that I read in the magazines and its hurting a good company. Add in a GTO website crying foul because the 2004 GTO wasn't retro and the Mustang GT is. Gimme a break! The GTO was never supposed to be retro and it was out over a year before the new re-designed Mustang came out. Take a look at both cars in person and take a real good look at the internals too. You will see what I mean. I have simply had it with everybody riding the bandwagon or riding the on the coat-tails of journalists and not making their opinions on unbiased research.

Stop reading the crud on the internet and magazines and go to a Pontiac dealer to see for yourself. The same goes for this forum for the ninnies who are just bashing Pontiac because their sales are down. Look at the truth to the reasons behind it and make a better assessment of the situation rather than go make blanket statements. :banghead:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Of course the folks on the wait list have first refusal on regular production. Dealer allocations are already out there. All dealers know how many they have to offer customers. All anyone has to do is place their deposit with their preferred dealer and spec their car out. Soon as its built and shipped, they get to drive off in it. Simple, innit?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Goat Man said:
Wait a minute. You got hosed? How? Honestly man, the car isn't even out for EOP yet and people are saying they got hosed. Rushing the gun a bit I think. Pontiac is losing money because of false advertisement from LA Times and other bunco artists. There is so little truth in the BS that I read in the magazines and its hurting a good company. Add in a GTO website crying foul because the 2004 GTO wasn't retro and the Mustang GT is. Gimme a break! The GTO was never supposed to be retro and it was out over a year before the new re-designed Mustang came out. Take a look at both cars in person and take a real good look at the internals too. You will see what I mean. I have simply had it with everybody riding the bandwagon or riding the on the coat-tails of journalists and not making their opinions on unbiased research.

Stop reading the crud on the internet and magazines and go to a Pontiac dealer to see for yourself. The same goes for this forum for the ninnies who are just bashing Pontiac because their sales are down. Look at the truth to the reasons behind it and make a better assessment of the situation rather than go make blanket statements. :banghead:
GOAT MAN,
Even though I agree some what with what you are saying, loosing your temper and blowing in in this forum, instigating more hostility is not going to make it go away any sooner. I was frustrated too, because of a PRICE gouging DEALER that would only order me a first 1000 if I gave them a NON refundible $1000 deposit. (wasn't going to be applied to the car). Luckily I made it to another dealer in time to get my data entered.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I got one of the first 1000 and if Pontiac changes anything I will be upset because I fololowed the rules and won. To back off would be the worst mistake. There was never going lto be more than 1000 winners and the rest just need to accept it. We cant all win all the time that is life. I don't think it was a big mess just a lot of competition and Pontiac can be happy about that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts