Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was seriously considering debadging my sol after my brother saw the car and said it look like a minni viper from the rear. I figure if people don't know what it is now imagine how cool it would be with nothing but the ponitac logos on it... no names at all.

has anyone attemped to remove the pontiac and solstice from the rear of the car? any holes, or is it just glued on?

·
Registered
819 Posts
JonzeOnSolstice said:
So I was seriously considering debadging my sol after my brother saw the car and said it look like a minni viper from the rear. I figure if people don't know what it is now imagine how cool it would be with nothing but the ponitac logos on it... no names at all.

has anyone attemped to remove the pontiac and solstice from the rear of the car? any holes, or is it just glued on?
Why would I want to?? I am, or will be when mine gets here, proud to let people know this is a Pontiac Solstice. If I wanted a different car, I would have bought a different one. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
jonez, i warn you now, this discussion was had a little while back, and there are going to be more ppl like the one above bad mouthing you for wanting to take the badges off...but dont sweat it, some people just can not understand how anybody in the entire world would have a different opinion than themselves.

I am not sure how the badges are on there, but the first day that i have mine, i have already talked to my body guy and the badges are coming off, including the pontiac and the GM.....and just for the record, i have always driven GM, i drive nothing but GM, love'em, not even close to being asshamed of them, but i thing a car looks so much better without any badging, the lines are cleaner, the surfaces smoother....but then again, i also do not buy clothing that has the logo anywhere on the outside of the shirt.

Ill let you know what happens jonzey if i get mine before you.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
JonzeOnSolstice said:

I say it's your car, do what you want, but if your reason is just that people won't know that it is a Pontiac, you're only fooling yourself. At some point this car will be well known, and everyone will know that it's a Pontiac. GM will see to that. They want the whole world to know it. They are begining to run ads and as more get on the road it won't be a mystery ca anymore. So, you will be able to fool people for awhile, but not for long. Now, if you're just doing it because you think it will look better, that makes sense.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't intend for people not to know that it is a pontiac, I kinda like the pontiac emblem. I'm really referring to taking off the "pontiac" and "solstice" lettering on the rear. I just like the fact that it makes it more clean, prototypy or concept looking if you will. it also gives it some extra mystery when people try to look for the name and makes them ask, "hey what kinda pontiac is that?"

thanks for the back up tobz.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
JonzeOnSolstice said:
i don't intend for people not to know that it is a pontiac, I kinda like the pontiac emblem. I'm really referring to taking off the "pontiac" and "solstice" lettering on the rear. I just like the fact that it makes it more clean, prototypy or concept looking if you will. it also gives it some extra mystery when people try to look for the name and makes them ask, "hey what kinda pontiac is that?"

thanks for the back up tobz.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I can understand someone removing some lettering to produce a cleaner, more artistically pure object, but not just to mislead an observer.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
kingarthur said:
I can understand someone removing some lettering to produce a cleaner, more artistically pure object, but not just to mislead an observer.
:agree: That's a more concise statement of what I was trying to say. I need more sleep. If i could just disentangle myself from this forum...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts