Discussion Starter #1
Window sticker states Dealer Added Equipment

Turbo upgrade Kit $1295.00
Adm $2000.00

What is the accronym Adm or possibly Acm

·
Registered
395 Posts
Also, that kit normally ran ~ $500 or so, and install ran typically between ~$75-150 at a dealer.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Well, if it was on a vehicle that I had purchased I'd interpret it as:

Apparently "Did" Me.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
The "full retail" price of the GMPP kit when it first came out was around $700 and some dealers were charging several hundred dollars to do the install.

When I first test drove a Sol in the summer of 07, the dealer in Vancouver Washington was charging $3000 for "aftermarket tires and wheels" and had marked up the price another $2000 just because they could.

I suspect that what you are seeing is a dealer who was making money while he could get away with it.

I am guessing that your car was sold in 2007. If it was sold in 08 or later then the dealer markups went away because the demand was dropping significantly during that period of time.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a 2009 Coupe GXP.
Well good thing I didn't buy it new then. It does have the chrome wheels however I thought that was the GXP standard.
Vehicle now resides in Calif. being transplanted from Cary North Carolina this month.
GMPP installed now verified from the valuable information learned from this forum.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
Kappas originally had a choice of painted silver or chrome wheels.
When the turbos came out their default option was the new polished silver.
Standard wheel on the NAs was the silver painted wheel, polished aluminum and chromed aluminum where optional.

Standard wheel on the GXP was the polished aluminum, with the chromed aluminum optional.

See page 12 in the attachment

Attachments

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
Mine came with painted silver wheels. No polish involved.
If you remember that far back into the dark ages, there were times of shortages with certain wheels and others were substituted in with the dealers permission . . .

Maybe that's what happened. :dunno:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts