Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Huh... I thought there would be more Agressive than that...

...and I'm suprised there isn't slightly more Envious because EVERYONE was talking about envious a few months ago.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,464 Posts
Maybe SD can get that information from Pontiac. There are probably a few Solstice out there that are not members of this forum, so if SD can get the true picture we could see where the colors fall on the pie chart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure the declared stats vary somewhat from the actual sales. That said, I find it amazing that almost 3/4 of those declared on the forum opted for a non-spectrum option (black/white/shades of gray).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Fortimir said:
Huh... I thought there would be more Agressive than that...

...and I'm suprised there isn't slightly more Envious because EVERYONE was talking about envious a few months ago.
Now that 2-tone is available on them, I wonder if Envious and Aggressive will start to pick up. I was originally going to get Envious, but I didn't want an ebony interior.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,464 Posts
To be honest, I am glad the two tone was not available for my aggressive, now that I have seen it in person, the steel is just not dark enough(more like a blue tint to it) to blend well. It may look OK with the Envious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why didn't they offer two tone initially on Env & Agg? Were they trying to be "taste police?"

Ever since Michael Vick got fined $5K for wearing red socks instead of white ones, the fashionistas have spread fear and wonder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Fortimir said:
Huh... I thought there would be more Agressive than that...
I too thought aggressive would be one of the more popular colors. In fact, even though I liked the red best, I almost got a different color so that I would not have the same car as everyone else. Looks like we have a pretty diverse color preference. That's pretty neat, I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AFSOC 1st Sgt said:
I too thought aggressive would be one of the more popular colors. In fact, even though I liked the red best, I almost got a different color so that I would not have the same car as everyone else. Looks like we have a pretty diverse color preference. That's pretty neat, I think.
Diverse...maybe....though two "colors" account for over half of sales...and the top three account for 70%. Looks like it's time to trade the Pure paint in for International Orange or Canary Yellow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,260 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Maybe SD can get that information from Pontiac. There are probably a few Solstice out there that are not members of this forum, so if SD can get the true picture we could see where the colors fall on the pie chart.
:agree: I would like to see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,260 Posts
Solace said:
Diverse...maybe....though two "colors" account for over half of sales...and the top three account for 70%. Looks like it's time to trade the Pure paint in for International Orange or Canary Yellow.
BITE YOUR TONGUE! ;) Actually, I'll have mine soon so they can do whatever they want! I kind of like being in the 3% group. :lurk:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
I'm shocked that there are so few pures. I think the pure looks great. please do not produce canary yellow. I have always, and will always maintain that i would not accept a yellow car even as a gift. yellow = prompt repaint.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Over the weekend the West Coast Kappa Car Club gathered on the central coast of California. Interesting color mix there. There were several Slys, one Cool, one Envious, one Deep, no Mysterious, and no Aggressive, and no Pure!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
Interesting information from excelsior's The List:
(Keep in mind that not every VIN is shown, even in the first 1K)

Of the first 50 VINs, all were mysterious or deep, except for two envious.

Out of the first 337 VINs, all were mysterious, deep, or envious.

Out of the next 139 VINs, all were sly except for nine mysterious.

Then a mix of mostly sly and agressive , then a bunch of cool.

Finally got a pure at VIN 553.

The rest were mixed up, but still mostly sly and cool.

Color sure had a lot to do with those early VINs.

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
JetBlackE31 said:
Over the weekend the West Coast Kappa Car Club gathered on the central coast of California. Interesting color mix there. There were several Slys, one Cool, one Envious, one Deep, no Mysterious, and no Aggressive, and no Pure!
I went to Morro Bay on Sunday with my Aggressive Sol. I met up with everyone at the restaurant. I think it was Crimson that took pictures. There were two sly's, and and Envious. Nice bunch of people!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
I LOVE that picture, Susie! Thanks.

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
I LOVE that picture, Susie! Thanks.

.
Is the picture from Morro Bay posted? I didnt see it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There should've been one more Deep in the West Coast Kappa Car Club picture...but I was picking it up at the very time y'all were meeting!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top