Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Deep color looks different from Solstice to Bonneville

My favorite color for the solstice is deep. When I look at the bonneville with the deep color(dark blue metalic) it looks a little bit lighter. I like it better this way but it seems as if the pontiac site makes all the colors look dark... like it makes Envious look. Whats the deal? lighting?
*EDIT* I said yukon before...oops I ment bonneville!
http://www.pontiac.com/bonneville/colors.jsp

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I would consider it 1) lighting and 2) PC screens distorts color

Color will most likely be same as same color on Yukon you saw in person.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good choice on the color! :thumbs:

Coming from someone with dark blue metallic paint, light makes a big difference with our perception of the color. The metallic paints will reflect light a lot, but when there is no light, there is nothing to reflect so we see a much darker color. As apposed to a simple color, like black or white, or even a non-metallic red. Those colors will not change appearance as much as the metallic paints will.

At night and in heavy overcast, I have had people comment that they thought my car looked black. But on a sunny summer day, my car is a very bright blue. With colors like blue and grey light can really change them.

There is a similar discussion going on about the interior:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2239

Go to a dealer where you know a Bonneville is the Deep color, look at it during the day, and then at night, or better yet a very overcast evening, before the lights are turned on at the dealer, you will see the difference, it can be dramatic.

·
5,641 Posts
Should also be the Same #25 Dark Blue Metallic (Deep) that is offered on the Montana SV6. So it will be on the chip deck in dealer showrooms. Also the dealers now have small 1 1/4"x1 1/4" chips for you to look at (nothing to take home yet). My wife the artist, always reminds me the bigger the sample the lighter a color looks, approaching actual appearance. The other thing about colors, Sly (#42 Stone Gray Metallic) looks lighter to me then the Sosltice(s) that made the auto show rounds. It may even look lighter then the Apprentice Solstice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts