Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta admit, this is nice, but I like the Solstice's curves better...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have liked it since I first saw it. More aggressive look to the sky, more sexy look to the sol. :agree:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yeah, it's nice... but it's not SEXY.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I guess Trump would say it's just a "gorgeous two-seat roadster," whereas our Solstice is a "sexy, gorgeous two-seat roadster."

:D

I admit I would probably be buying a Sky if the Solstice didn't exist, but I really like the Sol better. The two things I don't like about the Sky are the vents on the hood and the way the rear of the door meets the quarter panels...doesn't look smooth to me. Stll, nice car!

·
5,600 Posts
That looks gorgeous. I'm liking it!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I definitely like it more with a different color other than silver...

...but I like the smooth lines of the Solstice. In the automotive world, smooth lines are harder to get than creased lines...

...and remember the 70s and 80s? Yeah... lines lines lines.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
GHM73 said:
Gotta admit, this is nice, but I like the Solstice's curves better...QUOTE]

I agree, but did you have to get this topic going again? :lol:

Hold onto your hat........

·
Registered
193 Posts
The Sky is the first of the Kappa cars I saw. I wanted it as soon as I saw it. Not too long afterwards I saw the Solstice. For the longest time I preferred the Sky over the Solstice. Slowly my opinion changed and now I'm getting the Sol. Don't get me wrong, if I could afford it I'd have one of each.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
ojohnson said:
The Sky is the first of the Kappa cars I saw. I wanted it as soon as I saw it. Not too long afterwards I saw the Solstice. For the longest time I preferred the Sky over the Solstice. Slowly my opinion changed and now I'm getting the Sol. Don't get me wrong, if I could afford it I'd have one of each.
:agree:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ojohnson said:
Kind of like the first time you hear a song. :) Kids today hear remakes of songs we knew from years ago. They think their beloved new version is the best (or the only version :lol: ), and you like yours. The first time they hear the original they laugh, but more an more they grow to like it. :yesnod: Sometimes the newer version is better, and sometimes the old classic is better. Maybe they are mature about it and decide they like both. As is with music, the "like" or "dislike" of cars is very subjective and personal, but first impressions are key. If the Sky had been put out first, we would be having these same discussions in reverse. :yesnod:

B

·
0 Posts
I somewhat like the lines of the Sky. I sill think the Solstice is a flat out gorgeous car, and has a decent looking interior too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
JUst picked up my Sol, deep #240 this afternoon and now I am halfway up the stairway to heaven.
When will it's twin, Sky, be ready to join it in my garage?

I will Never show favoritism because both of them will be special.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Good photo of the "Mullet Man" :lol: He is pretty famous on the Sky site ... is it the mullet, or the fact he is the keeper of the Sky display car? ;)

·
Registered
278 Posts
i really like the exterior look, but im not so keen on its interior, the sol takes the cake in that department. the perfect look would be the sky's exterior, combined with the solstices interior, that would be the ultimate in cool! :cool:

i love the sol's "boomerang" interior.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
tednelson83 said:
i really like the exterior look, but im not so keen on its interior, the sol takes the cake in that department. the perfect look would be the sky's exterior, combined with the solstices interior, that would be the ultimate in cool! :cool:

i love the sol's "boomerang" interior.
I think the Sky interior is a little more cluttered and busy.

...and the gauges aren't NEARLY as cool (plain black with white, non-agressive, lettering).

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ojohnson said:

my thoughts exactly. and sorry to beat an (almost) dead horse...again : )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts