Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so we're leaving the home depot parking lot and my wife says "that's pretty, what is it?" i look over and it's a deep solstice pulling up to a stoplight! my left turn became a right turn and i caught it just before the light turned...followed it onto the freeway..it left me easily on the entrance ramp and i was doing near 80 as i merged on the freeway ('blue route' 476 south at Conshohoken) and still trying to keep it in sight. fortunately there was enough traffic on the highway that i was able to pull up alongside it and get a good eyeful- this car is absolutely stunning.

·
Registered
72 Posts
cdb said:
so we're leaving the home depot parking lot and my wife says "that's pretty, what is it?" i look over and it's a deep solstice pulling up to a stoplight! my left turn became a right turn and i caught it just before the light turned...followed it onto the freeway..it left me easily on the entrance ramp and i was doing near 80 as i merged on the freeway ('blue route' 476 south at Conshohoken) and still trying to keep it in sight. fortunately there was enough traffic on the highway that i was able to pull up alongside it and get a good eyeful- this car is absolutely stunning.
can you hazzard a 0-60mph guess for the deep? (some guys have all the luck) :cuss:

·
Registered
162 Posts
cdb said:
cdb, how was the sound of the exhaust? :cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I love the blue. Someone please tell me how the SOL sounds. Does it have the normal Pontiac sweet rumble or did they mess that up also? :brentil:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i was driving my 1998 f-150 STX pickup- it was a home depot run- with a 4.2 L V6. the entrance ramp was about 1000 ft long and he had a rolling start as he turned onto it. i was directly behind him and made the same turn at about the same 'normal' speed- maybe 20-25 mph - by the time i was through my turn onto the ramp i realized that he was pulling away steadily so i literally floored my truck , it dropped into passing gear and i was still well behind him when i merged (at about 80 mph) onto the freeway. if it hadn't been for traffic on the freeway i would never have caught him.
the windows were up on my pickup... it was hot and the AC was on.... so i didn't hear the exhaust note. wish i'd thought of it at the time but i was so surprised to see it at all that i was just focusing on catching up to it so i could get a better look. BTW, i hope the "cool" looks as rich as the "deep". for you people who ordered deep, it's really really nice.

edit for addition.... do a search for exhaust sound . there is a video clip attached to a thread that shows the solstice and sky intro . the sky...same drivtrain... is started and revved a bit. it sounds like a real sports car.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I ordered mysterious and have been thinking of changing to deep. Based on the deep you saw and pictures of the mysterious which do you think looks better?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Color change

spyderone said:
I ordered mysterious and have been thinking of changing to deep. Based on the deep you saw and pictures of the mysterious which do you think looks better?
I don't think you will want to change at this point. You will lose your place in line. I talked to the dealer about making an addition and he said not to do it or I would be lucky to see one next summer! Besides, my experience with the GM darker colors have not been so good. The clear coats are softer and pit very easily with bird droppings etc. I just purchased a new Cadi CTS and thought about the blue until I saw the areas buffed where bird droppings had laid on it in the dealer parking lot. I got the cool because you don't see the imperfections on silver! I have always been partial to silver though!~ :yesnod:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the blue was very dark- close to black.
i've only seen pictures of the black, but the pictures look good. triple black was my 3d choice, but i ruled it out because i was told by people who own black that it has to be kept very clean all the time- big commitment.
i never considered deep, but i wouldn't mind having it now. still, i'm staying with my first choice-cool.
i really believe that the pictures don't capture the look of the solstice completely... sure the pictures look great, but seen in 3 dimensions, it looks even better. it will probably look good in every color.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I been saying all along, that those who picked DEEP are going to be very happy!! :yesnod: :yesnod:

A long time ago I came across a promo for the Solstice on the internet, it had the sound of an exhaust embedded in it, I believed it was that of the Solstice...sounded very good...very Pontiac!! If I find it again, I'll have it posted!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
When you caught him why didn't you cut him off and force him to stop so we could have gotten some more questions answered and maybe you could have gotten a ride before the police arrived?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I am tempted to wait on 80 here in Ohio and maybe I can hijack a carrier loaded with Solstices and them post a meeting place where we could all meet for some of our own testing. :party:

·
5,600 Posts
cdb said:
i really believe that the pictures don't capture the look of the solstice completely... sure the pictures look great, but seen in 3 dimensions, it looks even better. it will probably look good in every color.
Pictures don't do the car justice because they compress the curves and make them look flatter. The real car has amazing curves. In fact, I didn't get very excited about this car until I saw one at an auto show. Then I HAD to have it!

Some cars look good in any color, even bad colors. The original VW Beetle was such a car. So was the 1965 Mustang. I believe the Solstice will be as well.

·
Registered
251 Posts
ateam_77 said:
I am tempted to wait on 80 here in Ohio and maybe I can hijack a carrier loaded with Solstices and them post a meeting place where we could all meet for some of our own testing. :party:
Ya, It's called jail... :lol: :lol: ...jus teasin'

·
Registered
936 Posts
SOL MIO said:
Ya, It's called jail... :lol: :lol: ...jus teasin'
You can do most anything in prison these days it would be our right to test the cars and the stay is always short.

Don't worry GM, I'm just teasin' too. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts