Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Maybe someone can help me. It's not really a problem, but I noticed that after I installed my Dejon IC tubes today I have a loud "whistling"... it's there when the gxp first starts then goes away, but it there when I accelerat again. Strangely, it's not there when I have boost... or at least I'm pretty sure it's not.

I have no codes, and the boost is good. Around 21-22 psi.

It almost sounds like a supercharger :)

Just wondering if this is normal with this mod install.

Also, minor problem. I seem to have one of the bolts from the hood (I think) touching and scraping the tubing coming from the turbo. I removed plastic from the airbox and it's not touching, and it won't go down any further. I was wondering if anyone else gets this.

It's a shame, it a beautiful paint job.

Thanks.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The rubbing was a old issue not too sure if they fixed it.

Also the whistling is normal. I got it on mine as well. Love it. You will notice that it doens't happen after you have been driving for a bit park then start up again. Shortly after.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Has anyone ever seen any evidence that these actually affect power output (on the GMPP tune, obviously, as they wouldn't on the base tune)?

I've always considered them to be just an appearance item, and none of the vendors come right out and make any power claims for them (that I've seen, anyway).

They certainly are a nice appearance item, though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Has anyone ever seen any evidence that these actually affect power output (on the GMPP tune, obviously, as they wouldn't on the base tune)?

I've always considered them to be just an appearance item, and none of the vendors come right out and make any power claims for them (that I've seen, anyway).

They certainly are a nice appearance item, though.
I got the MBRP IC charge tubes partly for looks, but also for better, smoother flow with less turbulence, that can be caused by the OEM charge tubes with that 'KINKED" area...one of my fellow techs that I work with saw the OEM tubes when I first bought my Sol, and thats the first thing he stated too...Ive been running the MBRP IC Tubes and DDM T-bolt clamps with the stock tune with no issues...I got the GMPP tune kit saturday evening after I got home from work, and have been waiting on some call backs from a couple local dealers as to how much its going to cost me to have it installed (strictly for warranty purposes...Id much rather do it myself) Once I have the Kit installed and the ECM flashed, I will see how things go with the new tubes. I doubt they will do anything more than just allow a smoother better flow of the air charge from the turbo to the throttle body. I will post any changes that come up outside the normal increase in HP and Torq.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts