Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first time post to the forum, but long time reader! My vehicle was built back on September 14, and is still sitting in Delaware. The dealership had one that was built after mine and has already been delivered and is driving the streets! How frustrating!

VIN Number: 101355

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
franklic said:
My first time post to the forum, but long time reader! My vehicle was built back on September 14, and is still sitting in Delaware. The dealership had one that was built after mine and has already been delivered and is driving the streets! How frustrating!

Read my post "bad news for most" what I don't understand is that some of the cars built after mine are recieved already,mine built 9/12. How the heck did there's get out before this hold?

·
Registered
233 Posts
deluke said:
Read my post "bad news for most" what I don't understand is that some of the cars built after mine are recieved already,mine built 9/12. How the heck did there's get out befor this hild?
Try waiting for a car that was built in July and watching everyone receive theirs that was just recently built... :brentil: Very frustrating.

·
Registered
183 Posts
franklic said:

Hey i talked to my dealer 3 weeks ago and said that my solstice was built and being shiped and is in transport.... But 3 weeks later i went to my dealer and went to the sales manager and asked if there is a tracking device on the truck that has my car... then he calls me back saying that my car was picked for a quality inspections soo now its put back 2 weeks just letting you know that this can happend and maybe you should contack ur dealer and ask........

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
It's been a common theme since the beginning. Cars do not seem to be shipped in VIN order, some get held up for reasons unknown while others skate out the door.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
mssleepr said:
Try waiting for a car that was built in July and watching everyone receive theirs that was just recently built... :brentil: Very frustrating.

I don't know how you do it and stay sane?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
minimac said:
Hey i talked to my dealer 3 weeks ago and said that my solstice was built and being shiped and is in transport.... But 3 weeks later i went to my dealer and went to the sales manager and asked if there is a tracking device on the truck that has my car... then he calls me back saying that my car was picked for a quality inspections soo now its put back 2 weeks just letting you know that this can happend and maybe you should contack ur dealer and ask........
Already posted this info yesterday.See "bad news for most...." I'm really getting fed up.

·
Registered
271 Posts
deluke said:
Already posted this info yesterday.See "bad news for most...." I'm really getting fed up.
I think many of us really getting fed up with the situation with our cars. It is really sad the way this has been handled.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Frustrating?

franklic said:

At least you have a Vin #...... :leaving:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Soldstice 41505 said:
I think many of us really getting fed up with the situation with our cars. It is really sad the way this has been handled.
Someone said it's like a woman having a baby, once you have it you forget it. I DON'T THINK SO !!!!!! I'LL NEVER FORGET THIS WHOLE SITUATION. IT'S UNCALLED FOR.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
I'm with you. I'll never forget this experience 'cause it'll be the last time I ever jump off a cliff for a car.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just got off the phone with my dealer. He had just called the DBC and was told that they didn't know where my car was... :brentil: If they don't know, who does????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
mssleepr said:
I just got off the phone with my dealer. He had just called the DBC and was told that they didn't know where my car was... :brentil: If they don't know, who does????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
NO ONE WOULD BELIEVE ANYTHING LIKE THIS COULD HAPPEN.

:cuss: :cuss:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
solli4me said:
I'm with you. I'll never forget this experience 'cause it'll be the last time I ever jump off a cliff for a car.
Wow, I would just be thrilled surviving jumping off a cliff once :lol:
I think you should taake up writing a newspaper column, solli, ala Erma Bombeck. You have agreat way with words and a super sense of humor!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
:brentil: :nopity:

There are issues and GM is working on fixing them, that's all that matters to me. Yes I'm not happy it's taking a little longer for my car to get here, but you know what, I'd rather have it delayed 3 weeks then flip over like an Explorer from faulty parts.

For people like you mssleepr I'm really sorry you've been some of the minority who have gotten stuck in some sort of Solstice black hole. Not every system is perfect, and issues happen along the way. Hopefully your car arrives soon. EOP cars are still shipping, hopefully yours is with them right now on the way to your dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You would hope that as long as GM has been shipping cars that they would have the shipping scheme under control. Also, how can certain cars have problems and others not have problems, part of an assembly quality control is that every vehicle is built the exact same way. The part that is annoying is that it is ready to ship and just sitting, I understand the quality holds (I guess).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts