Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that when I click on the remote control for the rear trunk release, most times on the first click it doesn't open and when I click it again, it takes 4-5 seconds for it to open. Anyone else have this problem and if so, how did you fix it ? The door locks work fine with the remote control.:frown2:

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Could just be the button contact on the remote's rubber membrane is dirty and not making good contact. You can check by taking the remote apart and just touching some aluminum foil across the PCB contacts for the trunk button. If it works fine in that scenario, you can try a) just cleaning the rubber membrane contacts (black circles on the underside of the membrane); b) gluing small circles of foil to the contacts; c) buying a new shell off ebay ($3-$4).

If it's NOT the above, I have no idea.

·
Super Moderator
6,051 Posts
What is the actual behavior? When "the first click it doesn't open" do you hear the solenoid, but nothing releases? When "it takes 4-5 seconds for it to open" do you hear the solenoid immediately and it takes time for anything to happen, or is the delay from pushing the button to hearing the solenoid? What happens when you use the button in the glove box?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't used the button in the glove box yet. I'll give it a try and see what happens. I'll also try what TomatoSoup suggested about the button contact. Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts