Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

When do you think the first delivery will be?

• May 15 - June 1

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • June 2 - June 16

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • June 17 - July 3

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • July 4 - July 18

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • July 19 - August 1

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • August 2 - August 16

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • August 16 - August 31

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • October or later

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • I don't care and just want to see what everyone else guessed

Votes: 9 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick poll on delivery date of first batch.

Post the specific day you expect them to be delivered.
Include the time of day that the forum gets a post that they are in fact being delivered (tie-breaker).

Person closest to the mark gets bragging rights on the forum.

My guess is 21 June 2005 . . . first post at 16:00 GMT

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I think a lot of us are going to go with June 21st since it's the summer solstice. But I'll say it'll be more like 10am EST.

·
Registered
600 Posts
It would be great publicity to have all 1,000 ready to hand over to the buyers on the 21st of June. All of the local papers and television stations would carry the story. GM has a great chance to get some FREE advertising!
I'm still willing to go to the factory and pick up the car there. :cool:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brentil said:
I think a lot of us are going to go with June 21st since it's the summer solstice. But I'll say it'll be more like 10am EST.

Sorry Brentil, after the EOP debacle, I am only accepting times in GMT . . . no daylight savings time . . . I'll have you down as 1500 GMT . . .

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Great guess

I think that you may be very close. That would be fine with me, because I am afraid it won't be until July.

So my guess is July 18 @ store open.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Frosty said:
Sorry Brentil, after the EOP debacle, I am only accepting times in GMT . . . no daylight savings time . . . I'll have you down as 1500 GMT . . .
hehehe sounds good to me. :D

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
There has got to be a lot of confusion. The sales person who got me through with my order called today to ask if I had heard when the deliveries are to start. He knew everything about the EOP and how to confirm the order but he had no idea about production or delivery dates. He was going to talk to his GM rep. If he finds out anything worth posting I'll let everyone know.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm going w/ specifically week of Jul 11, assuming prod. begins 1st week of JUN based on the follow analysis, and the std mfg 6-8 week initial lead time:

Week One-assemble
Week Two-pre-shipment inspection, VIN code route,
Week Three-move to a shipping point and load, waiting for full trainload, yes, many will go by train
Week Four-Unload, route
Week Five-possible UAW 4 JUL Shutdown-almost a given, 'cept maybe this time
Weeks Six/seven-Deliver to dealers in large qty so that they get maximum exposure Nationally at coordinated events.

All strictly hypothical, of course

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
conejo148 said:
I'm going w/ specifically week of Jul 11, assuming prod. begins 1st week of JUN based on the follow analysis, and the std mfg 6-8 week initial lead time:

Week One-assemble
Week Three-move to a shipping point and load, waiting for full trainload, yes, many will go by train
Week Four-Unload, route
Weeks Six/seven-Deliver to dealers in large qty so that they get maximum exposure Nationally at coordinated events.

Week eight: I am cruising down the road in my new Solstice, top down, Monsoon blasting, a hotty thumbs a ride. Then I wake up....

·
Registered
670 Posts
holiday special

My guess is July 5, after holiday at 9:00 am EDT. UPS did deliver my Solstice yesterday! OK, it's only 1/18th scale but it's cool! :cool: :lol:

·
Registered
284 Posts
conejo148 said:

Week One-assemble
Week Four-Unload, route

Actually, the UAW Shutdown is for two weeks, so I would slip the timing another week to the week of July 18th. I would still hope for delivery prior to the two week shutdown, but I wouldn't count on it. :( And I think GM will be inspecting the heck out of these first 1000, to prove that they can do it right, which would account for the week two for pre-shipment inspection.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
OK ... I know nobody can say with certainty when the cars will come in, but could somebody at least tell us when we WILL know an approximate due date? I don't want to be surprised with a week's notice that my car is coming in. I need to sell my other car and would like to have at least a few weeks notice so I don't have to dump it cheap. But I don't want to sell it yet if the due date is October. Also need to juggle some other assets to come up with the rest of the dough. Hope they don't plan on keeping us all in the dark until the last minute like they did with EOP information. :brentil:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
SlySol said:
OK ... I know nobody can say with certainty when the cars will come in, but could somebody at least tell us when we WILL know an approximate due date? I don't want to be surprised with a week's notice that my car is coming in. I need to sell my other car and would like to have at least a few weeks notice so I don't have to dump it cheap. But I don't want to sell it yet if the due date is October. Also need to juggle some other assets to come up with the rest of the dough. Hope they don't plan on keeping us all in the dark until the last minute like they did with EOP information. :brentil:

See my thread today on marketing announcements. These things tend to be rather arbitrary. My bet is that they really don't know for sure yet. When I ordered by '03 100th anniversery V-Rod they anticipated an October delivery, it showed up in early August!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
PAS22 said:
See my thread today on marketing announcements. These things tend to be rather arbitrary. My bet is that they really don't know for sure yet. When I ordered by '03 100th anniversery V-Rod they anticipated an October delivery, it showed up in early August!
But when did you find out it was actually coming in early August?
(please don't say early August) :willy:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts